Branding's Age of Worms, the 4th Generation - OOC

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Since the beginning of history, humanity has measured time in Ages. Ages of Glory, of Dreams, and even of Great Sorrows mark the human tally of years, giving sense of order to the events of past centuries.But one age has yet to occur - an age of darkness, of decay, and of writhing doom.

Witty bards and wrathful preachers know it as the Age of Worms, weaving it into the peripheries of thir passion plays as a mythic era of destruction that could begin at any time. Astrologers, diviners, and the servants of Fate know more.

The canniest among them fear that the Age of Worms has already begun.

Players:
Raging Epistaxis – Whurhak Azten (LG male dwarf cleric)
Thanee – Alexi (TN/NG female human paragon)
Mista Collins – Owen (CN male human rogue)
silentspace – Majakilar (male human paragon)
Voadam – Gregor (LG male giant)

Welcome to the resurrected Age of Worms campaign! Unfortunately, it is not a true resurrection, so we ended up losing a level in the meantime.

I shall begin posting again within the next couple days, picking up in the game where we left off, as well as updating this post to include any campaign information that was lost in the Database Crash of '06.

The Info Thread
In Character Thread
Rogue's Gallery

Last edited:

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
We will start the new IC thread pretty much where we left off before the Crash. Everyone was in the flooded chamber, some investigating the body in a sideroom and some breaking down the sodden wooden door.

My question I pose to you is this: would anyone mind a change in storytelling format of the PbP?

Part of my reason for not keeping up with updates as often as I would like is finding the time to orchestrate combats and make the needed rolls, as well as relating everything in the posts. I will continue to do so, if that is the consensus, but I would like to propose an alternative.

Play with no dice rolling or statement of specific actions. Just post a description of the actions your character will like to take, and I will post the reactions. When posting, include descriptions of the abilities you know your character is capable of, based on your character sheet, but I will not keep track of hit point, spell slots, or the like. After a certain period of time, everyone will level up at once, and you will update your character sheets. But the game itself will stick to just the narrative.

I am hoping this will speed play up a little bit, and we'll have less to worry about. What do you think?

Thanee

First Post
I'm fine with giving pretty much anything a try. :)

I do prefer to have something to base decisions on, that's not entirely vague, though. And I really don't think it's a good idea to not track the more important party resources (i.e. spells) in some fashion at least.

Bye
Thanee

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Good news everyone!

(Although it looks like Thanee beat me to it...)

I tried one last time to find our PbP on google with a combination that I don't believe I have tried before. (Google search: jeremy_dnd Alastor) Amazingly, I found practically the entire thread! I have updated the IC thread in the Playing the Game forum, so please take a look if you want to refresh your memory.

Soon (in the next day or two), I will write up a post that will summarize the events from the last post in April to just before the Database Crash of '06, as well as a new update. Please hold off on new posts until then.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Also, an update as to the format I would like to use for the rest of the PbP game.

My posts from this point will be entirely narrative, though I will use the underlying game mechanics to determine the outcome of all actions. Feel free to remain entirely narrative in your post, as well, while restricting yourself to only what is possible according to your character sheet (spells per day, turning, move actions in a round, etc).

If you would like to include rolls to determine the outcome of an action, roll yourself and include the result in your post: I will describe the result. Also, in combat, restrict your post to one round (in terms of standard actions and move actions). If you plan to have your character simply repeat their action in the following rounds, include your intentions (full attack every round, continue running, etc).

Initiative will be handled roughly by the order of when your posts are made (that way, if one character changes their actions based on someone else, the initiatve order isn't messed up). For actions that don't depend on another character, I will roughly describe actions in the order of those with the highest Initiative modifier.

Finally, I will not be handing out any more XP, but instead will let everyone know when it is time to level up. It will be approximately at the same time, anyway, but reduces the record keeping.

Character sheets will be updated and referred to normally. Soon, I will also provide a template that will keep all pertinent information in one place that will be easy for all of us to reference.

If you have any questions or want any clarifications, please let me know. If you want any changes, or are completely disgruntled by this system, also please let me know. :) The purpose of this is to let us have more fun, and if it would detract from your game I do not want that to happen.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
New post is up! This should bring us back up to speed, but please post any character actions I may have missed.

At this point, there is only one more submerged room to explore on this level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases