Branding's Age of Worms, the 4th Generation - OOC

silentspace said:
branding, good luck with your job search! i quit my job recently and am unemployed too - and really enjoying it! i'm working on a number of my own projects, plus i'm consulting, so i'm busier than ever. what kind of work are you looking for?
Thanks, silentspace. I'm mainly looking for freelance editing/writing jobs, although at this point I'll do almost anything.

Voadam

Legend
speaking as someone who is employed

I have an upcoming business trip and two immediate follow up big projects when I return. I expect to not be posting on ENworld from Wednesday 10/25 through Wednesday 11/1.

So it looks as if everyone has checked in back over on the other thread.

Are we ready to get things started?

When last we saw our heroes they were up to their necks in cold, fetid water being attacked by some kind of undead creature (Azten makes a DC 12 Knowledge (religion) roll ... yup, it's a ghoul).

Here's what I gather happened in the last turn in pure mechanical terms:

• Alexi had hit it with a crossbow bolt, and was reloading.
  • Gregor missed it with his flanged mace, and took a 5 ft. step away from it.
  • The ghoul hit Gregor with a claw attack, but the giant successfully saved vs. paralysis.

In the following turn the following had been proposed:

• Alexi was going to shoot at it
  • Gregor was going to smack it.
  • Owen was going to throw a dagger at it.
  • Azten was going to try and turn it.
  • Majakilar and Kenneth had not declared yet.

Since it's been such a long time, I would like to propose that we can repost our actions for this turn.

Here is the official initiative order:
Azten 16
Owen 15
Ghoul 14
Majakilar 13
Voadam 12
Kenneth 8
Alexi 5

I am also attaching a combat map so that everyone can see what's going on. As you can see, there are a lot of columns in this room, so it's a pretty tight fit all around. Remember also that the entire room is flooded, which means that underwater combat rules apply. The water is deep enough so that medium-sized creatures can walk on the bottom, while small-sized have to swim (sorry jeremy).

Briefly, just to remind everyone, that means that creatures can wade around at half speed. Small creatures need a successful Swim check (against DC 10 since it's calm water) to move at all. Also, all bludgeoning and slashing attacks are at -2 to hit and only do half damage. Sorry, water combat in D&D is messy and frustrating.

Actually, while we are on the subject, do people want to continue using maps and strict D&D combat? I'm happy to create the maps, it doens't take much time for me. Just wanted to know how in-depth, rule-wise folks want to get.

Attachments

• Aow-c1-r1.jpg
    Aow-c1-r1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 78

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
I like the maps, they help me be up to speed at a glance with what's going on.

Whether or not we strictly follow movement rules is much less of a concern - whatever everybody else wants is fine by me.

R E

Voadam

Legend
If the maps are no big deal for you then I vote for keeping them up. It is sometimes tough to visualise as much off of pure descriptions.

The Gregor picture is Haagrid from Harry Potter?

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I really like the maps. I, unfortunately, did not have there wherewithal to post them myself during my stint.

Everything looks fine with me!

So I'll wait until everyone has posted their actions for this round before resolving.

Note that I misread the earlier posts, and didn't realize that Azten was actually on George's back. Ignore Azten's position as stated there, please.

BrOp

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases