Treasure for a 2nd level party

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Okay, I am DMing for a party of six PCs. I am about to run them through an adventure next session that will prolly net them this treasure.

Masterwork Greatsword
Masterwork Heavy Mace
Breastplate
Composite Longbow +1
Ring of Preotection +1
Scroll of Shield
About 600 GP in gold(maybe a little less)

Is that too much? Should I get rid of some items? I cant get rid of the bow because that is a b-day present for one of the people in my group. :)

hopeless

Adventurer
Reg: Treasure for a 2nd level party

General - Treasure for a 2nd level party

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I am DMing for a party of six PCs. I am about to run them through an adventure next session that will prolly net them this treasure.

Masterwork Greatsword
Is there actually anyone who wants to wield this?

Masterwork Heavy Mace
Okay this sounds like the cleric's

Breastplate
Replacement armour for the barbarian?

Composite Longbow +1
The one required to keep I assume its for an elf or a ranger?

Ring of Protection +1
Don't let the heavily armoured characters grab this, given what you've provided for the arcane spellcaster they might have to have this too to make it fair on them

Scroll of Shield
Evidently the wizard's or sorceror's...

About 600 GP in gold(maybe a little less)

Is that too much? Should I get rid of some items? I cant get rid of the bow because that is a b-day present for one of the people in my group.

I'd say you add a masterwork or jewelled dagger and a few gems and it might be worth a couple of potions since you might end up having one of the PCs not getting their hands on one of these items.
What characters are they running by the way?

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
hopeless: They are playing as a(all 2nd level):

Gnomish Rogue
Human Wizard
Human Bard
Human Paladin
Halfling Monk
Dwarven Cleric

Jdvn1: They just hit 2nd level, but with all the combat next session they will prolly hit 3rd. :)

EDIT: I missed your comments at first. The Greatsword is for the Paladin, the Mace is indeed for the Cleric, the bow is for the Bard, the Breatplate is for the Paladin as well, as he is their only main frontline Fighter really so he needs good armor. The ring and scroll are indeed for the Wizard. :)

Last edited:

MonsterMash

First Post
What sort of encounters will they have to go through to get the stuff - approx number and EL for those might give an idea. It's not necessarily too much or too little if its an appropriate award for the challenges faced.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
MonsterMash said:
What sort of encounters will they have to go through to get the stuff - approx number and EL for those might give an idea. It's not necessarily too much or too little if its an appropriate award for the challenges faced.

A bunch(maybe12-16) of cr1-2 rebel guards(they are fighting through a town in which the guards have rebeled due to manipulation by an evil Sorceror and his Cleric minion. A CR 4 Captain of the Guard, a CR 4 Cleric, and a CR 5 Sorceror

The EL for the guards is around 4 for each group. The Cleric will be around 5, and the Sorceror 6.

Vorput

First Post
Galeros said:
A bunch(maybe12-16) of cr1-2 rebel guards(they are fighting through a town in which the guards have rebeled due to manipulation by an evil Sorceror and his Cleric minion. A CR 4 Captain of the Guard, a CR 4 Cleric, and a CR 5 Sorceror

The EL for the guards is around 4 for each group. The Cleric will be around 5, and the Sorceror 6.

Well, not having my DMG in front of me- I can't speak definetivly, but that almost seems like too little treature for 3 level 4-5s... esepcially if you're going with the rule that an NPC has a CR 1 less that their character level.

I'd just roll on the appropriate tables in the DMG and see how that stacks up with what they're getting.

But anyway, I definetly don't think it's too much.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Galeros said:

It is quite likely that might be a tad too much for them to handle all at once with out a break inbetween. 2nd level characters don't have all that much staying power. For that level of challenge I would look for one other item to throw the monk's way (bracers of armour +1? A ring that give +1 damage to unarmed attacks? boots of elvenkind?) but otherwise it is reasonably balanced for their level and the challenge of the encounters.

NexH

First Post
Galeros said:
hopeless: They are playing as a(all 2nd level):
(...)
Human Bard
(...)
the bow is for the Bard
(...)

The composite Longbow is for the bard? Do you remember that bards are usually only proficient with shortbows?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases