Fiend's Embrace - IC Thread

Land Outcast

Explorer
Idivien wipes away the blood on his face, courtesy of Harval's strikes...
A few seconds later his raven returns, and starts pecking at the fallen draconic creatures.

"Good coordination" He states, and kneels down to examine one of the beast's jaws.

Hang me if he's got less of a fiend within him than I do

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gunk wipes some gunk off him and looks around at the aftermath. He idly cleans his wand on the sleeve of his tunic and returns it to the holster at his belt.

"Nasty little creatures, weren't they? I wonder where they came from. Perhaps they do this all the time, you know? Ambush the unsuspecting and drag them off somewhere for a snack. Perhaps rich travelers. Although probably not too rich, or else they'd be able to afford some halfway decent protection. Probably not work looking, but it was just a though. They come to me sometimes and then my mind just runs away with it. Anyways. . . nasty little creatures, weren't they?"

Malvoisin

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
With a roar, Harval charges after the final felldrake, eyes wild with bloodlust.
Harval, is his frenzied state, is easily able to bear down on the critically wounded drake, and hews it to bits with his greataxe. The near-unrecognizable carcass falls to the cold, wet earth.

Land Outcast said:
Idivien wipes away the blood on his face, courtesy of Harval's strikes...
A few seconds later his raven returns, and starts pecking at the fallen draconic creatures.

"Good coordination" He states, and kneels down to examine one of the beast's jaws.

Hang me if he's got less of a fiend within him than I do
Idivien looks at the dead drake's jaws, and sees a reptillian mouth full of sharp teeth.

(OOC: I'm not really sure what Idivien was looking for here, but he doesn't see anything unusual. Nothing about the drake indicates a fiendish heritage.)

With the battle ended, everyone takes a moment to catch his or her breath, and heaving lungs create wisps of white in the cold air. The oppressively thick fog clings to the victors, making the moment seem rather surreal. There seems to be nothing to collect or gather from the drakes, so the group presses on, leaving the corpses behind in the fog.

After a few more hours of travel, evening settles in, and the group decides to stop for the day. In this fog, it is very difficult to tell how far they have come, or even if they are headed in the right direction. But, the going has been slow, as the group has had to avoid roots, thickets, and small bodies of water...difficult to see in the fog. It has grown very cold now, and nearly dark, but the party is able to find a relatively dry area suitable for making camp.

(OOC: Please discuss a routine for setting up camp, and let me know how you want to handle the procedure. Will you try to light a fire? Will you set up a rotation for keeping watch? Any special precautions or activities? That kind of info...)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Harval has retained a chunk of vile felldrake meat from his kill, but no one else seems much interested in trying it for dinner. With a shrug, he mumbles something about "lizard jerky" and stashes the meat away in a sack.

"There's more nasties out there where they came from, earlier. I'll take first watch, aye? We'll set out at dawn."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gunk wanders about the camp area, poking at the local vegetation and overturning rocks. Curiosity combined with a desire to keep warm keeps him moving.

"I guess I'll take last watch if you don't mind, gives me time to study up for tommorrow. It'll be a cold night. Can't say I'm much for the cold, I'd rather be too hot than too cold, you know? So fire is good, and hey, I wouldn't even mind trying some of Harval's lizard Jerky. . . just not raw. So, again, fire. It may be tough finding dry enough wood in all this cold and muck, but let me know if you need help lighting it."

He mimes spell casting and throws his hands up.

"Whoosh! I have a spell for fire, probably be overkill, but hopefully the wood would catch. Hey, that's funny. Wood would. But anyways, yeah, I would have cast in the battle, burned the lizards good, but I couldn't see a thing in all this fog, didn't want to waste it."

Land Outcast

Explorer
No fiends then... yet

"Find a patch of dry land... I'll get midnight watch" The raven takes flight from Idivien's shoulder.

OOC: is the mist still up?

Malvoisin

First Post
Land Outcast said:
No fiends then... yet

"Find a patch of dry land... I'll get midnight watch" The raven takes flight from Idivien's shoulder.

OOC: is the mist still up?

(OOC: The fog is not as thick now, as the party sets up camp. Still, there is an ever-present mist that permeates the Cold Marshes, so it's never going to be completely clear.

Also, in response to the fire issue, there is enough scrubby growth, small stunted trees, etc., that a small fire can be built.)

Land Outcast

Explorer
After the camp setup is finished, seeing the fog has risen, the man gets the bow on his hands and sits quietly by the fire, shadows from the hood covering his features.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Harval pulls out the felldrake meat, slices it up into strips and roasts it over the fire. He chews one -- it's tough, like gamey shoe leather, but he's eaten far worse in his day -- as he watches the gathering darkness around them.

Remove ads