Recruiting for Eberron - Man on the Run (1 spot), alts always welcome

Animus

Explorer
Hello all,

After a 6 month lay off, dealing with the aftermath of a natural disaster, and a relocation, I am ready and eager to get back into PbP! Here's the details:

Special Delivery

The gnome patron told you that this package is to be delivered to his cousin in Trolanport. He sure did pay you pretty well for delivering this package, but what is in this box that is so special? Why are there magical protections on it? And just who wants this so bad that he entrusts your ragtag bunch to deliver it? Well, he did pay you pretty well after all.

An Eberron one-shot, and possible mini-campaign.

Man on the Run

So Stormreach is the gateway to Xen'drik as they say, and you're here to explore. You have done your best to keep a low profile and not stir up trouble. So why is it that those thugs are eyeing you?

An Eberron one-shot, and possible mini-campaign.

- D&D 3.5 (Core Books, ECS, Player's Guide to Eberron, UA, Races and Complete Series, other Eberron content on a case by case basis)
- Point Buy system (32): No more than ONE (1) 18, before adjustments
- Starting Level 3: no races with LA greater than +1
- 3000 gp starting wealth (no item greater than ~1200 gp)
- Nonevil alignments
- Weapon groups
- Invisible Castle dice rolling
- DM updates Mo-Wd-Fr or Tu-Th-Sa by 11:59 pm EDT
- Final Characters subject to approval
- Rogue Gallery Thread is here for Special Delivery and here for Man on the Run
- As a houserule, Spot and Listen are rolled into one skill (Notice), Hide and Move Silently as well (Stealth).
- There is no Open Lock skill, that will fall under Disable Device, because well, a lock is a device.
- I am using a revamped version of Diplomacy. See it here.
- HP above first is 1/2 hit die +1 (so 3 for d4, 4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12).
- More details TBD.

Player Roster:

Special Delivery (full)
Strahd VZ (githzerai monk - approved :), char approved)
nonamazing (kalasthar healer, char approved)
Velmont (changeling warlock)
Nero Kingsley (warforged fighter or fighter/ranger)
mcnathan80 (kalashtar bard, char approved)
sukael (shifter druid)

Man on the Run (1 spot open)
ByteRynn (shifter druid)
Byte8199 (shifter scout)
Bront (kalasahtar psion/rogue)
Mathew Lankard (changeling or elf archer)
Andor (human artificer)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
It been some times I am watching for an Ebberon campaign. Here a character I really want to play. It has been written fo another campaign, so there will be tweaking to do to his stats and also have to modify a bit his background (all that happen in the letter should aminly stay the same, it is after that that might change). Tell me what you think.

By the way, I'm leaving for teh week-end, so if you like the concept, I'll do the modification when I'm back monday.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Norros
[B]Class:[/B] Warlock
[B]Race:[/B] Changeling
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Good
[B]Deity:[/B] XXXX

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0   
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 8 (1d6+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +0        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +2 vs sleep/charm
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +X    +X    +1    +X    +X    +X    XX
[B]Touch:[/B] XX              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] XX

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +2          +2
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +1          +1
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +1          +3

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 16       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Bluff			   3 	+ 3   + 2   = 8 (14 with Balefull Utterance)
Concentration		   2 	+ 1   + 0   = 3
Diplomacy		   0 	+ 3   + 0   = 3 (9 with Balefull Utterance)
Disguise		   3 	+ 3   + 0   = 6 (16 with Minor Change Shape)
Intimidation		   2 	+ 3   + 2   = 7 (13 with Balefull Utterance)
Sense Motive		   2 	+ 0   + 2   = 4
Speak Language		   1
Use Magic Item		   3 	+ 3   + 0   = 6

[B]Languages:[/B] Abyssal, Common, Elven, Orc

[B]Feats:[/B]
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot

[B]Abilities:[/B]
+2 saves vs sleep/charm
+2 to Bluff/Intimidate/Sense Motive
Natural Linguist
Minor Change Shape

[B]Powers:[/B]
Eldritch Blast (1d6)

[B]Invocation:[/B]
Balefull Utterance (+6 to Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate)

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
XXXX                     XXcp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXsp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXgp   XXlb
XXXX                     XXgp   XXlb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] XXgp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] 19
[B]Height:[/B] 5'4"
[B]Weight:[/B] 127lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] White
[B]Hair:[/B] Shoulder-Lenght Light gray
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale gray
Appearance: XXXX

Background: Two years ago, Norros arrived on the Lady Scarlet. Just another boat among all that came to Seawell, just another man that put his feet on the island. The only strange thing about him is, instead of leaving with his boat, he stayed on the island. No one in town knows why he has chosen to do so. He has rent a room and have kept it during those two years. During the day, he finds some small jobs in the harbor, during night, he goes into the taverns to drink with the others. Everyone who have come in contact with him have come to like him, a simple man with the heart to the good place. He might be a bit indisciplined, but people tells Norros is like the wind who push his boat in the harbor. But if one person would dare to enter Norros bedroom and would search under his bed, he would find a small chest where he hides a single letter who has never been read. A name is written on it: Eloïse. And if this curious person would dare to open it, he would discover the dark secret Norros have been hiding, even to his closest friend.

[SBLOCK=Letter]Dear Eloïse,

I understand your reaction of yesterday. I couldn't expect less of you. If I write this letter to you, it is not to ask forgivenessmyself of what I have done. I betrayed your trust. There is no forgiveness possible. If I write you down this letter, it is because I think I owe you the truth.

I'm borned in the region of Darguun. At that moment, my father was already death. He was not a good man, and he happen to have large debt. His creditor decided to pay themselves by making my mother there slave. So when I was born, I was already the pawn of someone else.

My mother tried to hide her heritage the best she could, but the baby I was could not do the same, I was too young to understand the situation I was in. So the creditor discovered I wasn't a human, but a Changelling. When they saw through the decption, they forced my mother, by threatning my life, to reveal all about her nature. She was the child of an old lineage of sorcerer. Herself wasn't one, she wanted to broke this tradition who have brought doom on us. The creditor then decided to take my education into there hands.

One of them, Farnok, an half-orc, was a wizards. He decided to teach me the mastery of arcane art. Instead of doing it itself, he summoned a minor demon, a quasit, to do it. So since I was four yeas old, I had for mentor a Quasit. One aspect of these demon, it is they are not faithfull follower, even less when they are bond to do something by some magic. This Quasit decide to teach me some dark arcana that I could one day turn upon my master. It is how I became a Warlock instead of a wizard like Farnok. He also helped me to master the magic within all magical items. That way, I would be less scare to use it and I could bring more trouble to the demon's master who was also mine. The Quasit wanted his vengeance for his captivity.

Farnok found the trick the Quasit was playing on him, but it took him years. My training was too advanced to start it from scratch. Illiewyn was the other creditor, that name might sound familiar to your ears. He was a dark elf, a member of the house of Valenar who has turned upon his house. For that, he has been cast away. He decided to take his vengeance. He was the one who had my mother. He trade it for me when he saw the potential I was for his vengeance. He completed my training, teaching me the ways to infiltrate an organization, using my dark arts to my advantage, or should I say, to his advanatge.

Once my training was finish, he sent me to you. He heard you were searching for a new maid. So I had to use my powers and my skills to become that one. It wasn't hard to convince your father. Illewyn knew exactly what your father wanted, so he told me what to say, how to act. I started to work for you. I was expecting to continue my life of slaves under your rules. I didn't expect to be serving someone so kind and so generous. It took not long before I fall in love with you. I would have liked, from the start, to reveal the sword that was hanging over your head, but sadly I had my own. Illewyn threaten me that if I failed him, my mother would died. At that moment, I had only two things that was counting to me, my mother and you. I couldn't give up my mother, so I played Illewyn's game.

But things changed this week. Two events have changed all the rules of the games. First, following an experimentation of Farnok, my mother lost her life. Illewyn lost his only hold on me. Second, he was about to make his first big moves in his plan of vengeance, one that would wounded deeply your father, something that would torture him for all his life, and it was your death. I was suppose to be the one who would have put the poison in the drink you take each night before going to bed. The poison would have killed you during the night, and your father wouldn't had been able to saved you. As the sun would have gone up, your soul would have long been away from your body.

I choosed to turn upon my master. I came to you last night, and reveal my true self. But when you saw I wasn't the maid I pretend to be, when you shout and attract all the guards, I couldn't do much than leaves. I just hope you heard my warning, that your life was in danger, that Illewyn wanted his vengeance. I don't know if I'll have the courage to gives you that letter, who reveal to you my past and my heart. I would also need to be able to reach you and gives the letter to you. But if it ever reach your hand, I would like you to keep it for yourself alone, and reveal to your father only Illewyn's goals.

For me, Illewyn will want my hide, and Farnok his not his only ally. He has many goons that would be please to kill me to have the favor of Illewyn. So I'll use the same skill he teach me and I'll go far from this land and I'll start my life anew.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
Velmont-

Preliminary scan looks ok to me. please post your updated character to the RG thread (link in first post.

BTW,

- As a houserule, Spot and Listen are rolled into one skill (Notice), Hide and Move Silently as well (Stealth).
- There is no Open Lock skill, that will fall under Disable Device.
- I am using a revamped version of diplomacy. See it here

Animus

Explorer
Strahd-

Under normal circumstances, no way. However, because I pooped out mid game on you guys, I'll give you special consideration. I'll get you an answer by Monday for sure. In the meantime, make sure you're working on another character in case I don't approve it.

nonamazing

Explorer
Khashana, the Lightdreamer

Khashana
Race: Kalashtar Class: Psion (Egoist) Level: 3 Experience: 3,000
Alignment: Lawful Good Religion: Path of Light
Appearance: tall and attractive with striking green eyes and long dark hair; often seems slightly distracted

History: Khashana was part of a Kalashtar diplomatic team that worked out of Sharn, spreading the word about the plight of the Kalashtar in Adar and forging alliances against the tyrranical Inspired. When her friends and allies were targeted in retaliation, the soft-hearted Khashana moved away from her political affilations and decided to work apart from others of her race.

Personality and Roleplaying notes: Khashana lives to help others--usually at her own expense in some way. Despite having quite a bit of power and being quite skilled in several ways, Khashana has surprisingly low self-confidence and believes the only way to get the respect of others is to sacrifice part of herself to them.

Khashana is a pacifistic healer who has vowed to do as little harm as possible to others. She has also vowed to lend her aid to the wounded whenever needed, regardless of who they are.

Attributes:
Strength: 10 {+0} (2 point buy)
Dexterity: 14 {+2} (6 point buy)
Constitution: 14 {+2} (6 point buy)
Wisdom: 12 {+1} (4 point buy)
Intelligence: 16 {+3} (10 point buy)
Charisma: 12 {+1} (4 point buy)
-- Total: 32 points​

Combat & Magic:
Hit Points: 16 (3d4+6+2)
Speed: 30 feet
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Armor Class: 12 (Dex)
-- Touch 12, Flat-footed 10
Base Attack Bonus: +1
-- Grapple: +1
Ranged Touch Attack (power): +3
Melee Attack (unarmed strike) +3 to hit, 1d3 nonlethal damage
-- special: crystal gauntlets (see below)
Melee Attack (club) +1 to hit, 1d6 damage

Fortitude Save: +3 (+1 Base, +2 Con)
Reflex Save: +3 (+1 Base, +2 Dex)
Will Save: +4 (+3 Base, +1 Wis)

Power Points: 18 (11 base, +3 racial, +4 Int)
Manifester Level: 3
Powers Known: Empathic Transfer, Animal Affinity, Thicken Skin, Empathy, Entangling Ectoplasm, Inertial Armor, Vigor

Skills and Feats:
Autohypnosis: +7 (6 ranks, +1 Wis)
Bluff: +3 (+1 Cha, +2 Racial)
Concentration: +11 (6 ranks, +2 Con, +3 Psicrystal)
Diplomacy: +3 (+1 Cha, +2 Racial)
Heal: +9 (6 ranks, +1 Wis, +2 synergy)
Intimidate: +3 (+1 Cha, +2 Racial)
Listen: +3 (+1 Wis, +2 Psicrystal)
Psicraft: +9 (6 ranks, +3 Int)
Profession (Herbalist): +7 (6 ranks, +1 Wis)
Spot: +3 (+1 Wis, +2 Psicrystal)

Languages: Common, Quor, Draconic, Elven, Gnomish

1st level Feat: Improved Unarmed Strike
3rd level Feat: Weapon Finesse
Bonus Feat: Psionic Body​

Class and Racial Abilities:
Weapon Group: Basic Weapons (club, quarterstaff, dagger)
Psicrystal (Personality: Single-minded)
+2 racial bonus on saves vs. mind-affecting spells and abilities
Does not dream
Skill Bonuses (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate)
+2 bonus to Disguise to appear as human
Naturally Psionic (+1 power point per level)
Psi-Like Ability: Mindlink 1/day​

Equipment & Wealth:
simple brownish-red robes (weight 1, cost --)
well-carved quarterstaff (weight 4, cost --)
3 potions of cure moderate wounds (weight 3, cost 900)
2 power stones of Body Adjustment, DC 7 level check to use, (weight 2, cost 750)
Deep Crystal gauntlets (weight 4, cost 1,000)
two healer's kits (weight 2, cost 100)
two vials of antitoxin (weight --, cost 100)
everburning torch (weight 1, cost 110)
40 gold pieces (weight 4)
-- Total weight: 21 Total cost: 3,000​

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
nonamazing-

I'm not a fan of psionics. That being said, I am willing to use them in my game. I only have access to the SRD for psionics though. Just a fair warning.

nonamazing

Explorer
Animus said:
nonamazing-

I'm not a fan of psionics. That being said, I am willing to use them in my game. I only have access to the SRD for psionics though. Just a fair warning.

In that case, I'd probably make her a Psion instead of an Ardent (since the Ardent class isn't in the SRD). Her primary focus would be the Empathic Transfer power (which would work well with her martyr-type personality).

Although I do like the psionics system, I can certainly see the problem that many DMs have with it. Rest assured that I don't intend to power-game or tweak the rules in any weird sort of way. I'm just interested in trying out new ways to explore the 'healer' concept outside of the cleric class.

Remove ads