Dog Moon's Creatures [Updated 10-05-13]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
10/11/12 Update: The creatures in here are all 3.5 creatures. However, I am no longer using the 3.5 ruleset. What I am using is Pathfinder. So I will be going through and updating these creatures to Pathfinder. In addition, I have some new creations that I will be adding to make this thread more than just me updating these creatures.

Okay, in an effort to combine my creatures into one place [highly updated, of course] and into what is likely a more appropriate Forum than the Rogue's Gallery, I am posting my creations here. Although before I didn't mind if other people posted their creations, I'd rather they not here, though comments/suggestions are of course welcome and appreciated. ;)

Descriptions of what I did with the creatures will go beneath the entire creature. For most, this just includes names of Monsters/Classes used, but in some cases, I've modified pre-existing Templates/Creatures to make them a little more fitting for what I had envisioned. I will mention what I did in the area below found in Dark Red. If nothing changed, I will just list the name and the source.

As for Treasure, I have given each only magical equipment within 1-2,000gp, most of the time under the NPC listing, a couple of times over. I figure that most would have easy access to any mundane equipment you might like, especially since most are beneath the average amount for NPCs of their CR.

Occasionally, I will be adding additional NPCs that relate to a previous creation. In this case, I will create links in both cases for ease. These will be listed after the Adventure Hooks.

Some of these might be recognized by some, but they've been expanded, so they should still hopefully hold a little something new. I think that's all I need to explain, so enjoy. :)

Creatures by CR [3.5]

[sblock]1: Dire Quail

2: Maniac

3: The Forgotten
3: Possessed Ioun Stone

4: Deranged Lizardfolk [Lizardfolk Undead-Blooded Ranger 2
4: High Elf Unicorn
4: Weidziec

6: Khad
6: Medusa Head [Vargouille'd Medusa

7: Advanced Paper Golem Swarm-Shifter
7: Driv'vt [Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Invisible Blade 2 Drow]
7: Pearls of the Moon and Fallen Onyxes
7: Suintar

8: Doriy'ya Dor'Korath [Drow Spider (Hunter) Wizard 5]
8: Fire Wolf [Advanced Amorphous [modified] Winter[Fire]wolf]
8: Speigliai [Insectile Dire Porcupine Dreadnaught]

9: Ful Hund
9: Penein
9: Sceaduwe Fyr

10: Grentok [Gnoll Druid 3/Divine Oracle 6]
10: Krempek
10: Rokaat [Kobold Lizard (monitor) Half-Dragon (red) Druid 5]
10: Sjal Tuv

11: Dis'Troewe
11: Hlikar of the Brokenclaw Tribe [Gnoll Dire Wolverine Warchief 5]
11: Horace the Scorpion Killer [Man scorpion Marshal 7]
11: Zakraylia [Half Medusa Half Fiend Lillend]

12: Gelatinous Multiheaded Chimera
12: Mayralika Okrelik [Tauric Medusa Manticore (Multi-headed)(4 heads)(Cryo)]

13: Chimera Spawn of Juiblex
13: Loreliana Grayeth [High Elf Unicorn Ranger 1/Cleric 1/Harper Paragon 7]
13: Tarod [Entombed/Human Rogue 3/Assassin 8]

14: Riliyana [Cleric 3/Fighter 3/Stoneblessed 3/Hammer of Moradin 5]
14: Sarava [Ghost Hexblade 12]

16: Earth Elemental Guardian [Earth Elemental Fighter 1/Knight Protector 10 Swarmshifter]

17: Earth Elemental [Evolved Necromental Earth Elemental, Elder Tomb Warden 3]
17: Tressa [Dryad Druid5/Blighter6 Lich Evolved Undead]

Templates:
+1: Ooze Born
+2: Elemental Blooded
+2: Pyre Creature

Varies: Vargouille

Goblins:
Part 1: Society
Part 2: The Vine
Part 3: Religion
Part 4: Traits
Part 5: Statted Goblins[/sblock]

Creatures by CR [Pathfinder]

9: Tauric Human Phase Spider Ninja 9

Creature Templates [Pathfinder]
Bloodied Snowmen

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Mayralika Okrelik

Mayralika Okrelik
Tauric Medusa Manticore (Multi-headed)(4 heads)(Cryo) (CR: 12)
Large Monstrous Humanoid [cold]

HD: 18d8+144 ; hp 254
Init +6
Spd: 30 ft., fly 50ft (clumsy)
AC: 21 (-1 size, +2 dex, +9 nat, +1 defl.), touch 12, flat-footed 19

BA/Grapple: +18/+27
Attack: Large Bastard Sword +24/+19/+14/+9 (2d8+8/17-20) and Large Bastard Sword +24/+19/+14/+9 (2d8+8/17-20) and 4 heads (snakes) +21 melee (1d6+2 plus poison) or 6 spikes +21 (1d8+5/19-20)
S/R: 10ft/5ft
SA: Spikes, petrifying gaze (DC 22), poison (DC 27), Breath (12d6 every 1d4 rounds ; DC 20)
SQ: Cold Resist 5 [Ring], Darkvision 90ft, low-light vision, scent, Superior Two-Weapon Fighting

AL NE
Fort +19, Ref +8, Will +12
Str 20, Dex 15, Con 26, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 17

Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Intimidate +9, Listen +14, Move Silently +8, Search +8, Spot +18, Survival +7
Languages: Common, Draconic

Feats(7): Improved Initiative (bonus), Combat Reflexes (bonus), Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Improved Critical (Bastard Sword), Multiattack, Hover, Flyby Attack, Narrowed Gaze
Advancement: By class

Cryo: Jets of cold 10 feet high, 10 feet wide, and 20 feet long. All heads breathe once every 1d4 rounds, and each jet deals 3d6 points of cold damage per head. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 creature's number of heads + creature's Con modifier) halves the damage. The creature also gains the cold subtype.

Superior Two-Weapon Fighting or Superior Multiweapon Fighting(Ex): Because each head controls one arm (or analogous weapon-using limb), a multiheaded creature has no penalty on attack rolls for attacking with multiple weapons, and the number of attacks and damage bonus for each weapon are calculated as though the weapon were held in a primary hand.

Spikes (Ex): With a snap of its tail, a manticore can loose a volley of six spikes as a standard action (make an attack roll for each spike). This attack has a range of 180 feet with no range increment. All targets must be within 30 feet of each other. The creature can launch only twenty-four spikes in any 24-hour period.

Petrifying Gaze (Su): Turn to stone permanently, 30 feet, Fortitude negates. Save DC is Charisma-based.

Poison (Ex): Injury, initial damage 1d6 Str, secondary damage 2d6 Str. Save is Constitution-based.

Skills: Manticores have a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks. Multiheaded creatures have a +2 cumulative bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks for each head beyond the first.

Equipment [26,850gp]
Bastard Sword +1 (x2) 2300gp each.
Ring of Warmth 2500gp.
Ring of Protection +1 2,000gp.
Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant 10,000gp.
Figurine of Wondrous Power [Blue Quartz Eagle] 5,400gp.
Potions of Cure Moderate (x2) 300gp each.
Potion of Gaseous Form 750gp
Silver bracelet set with tiny light blue sapphires 300gp
Pouch with 3 gems: Purple Amethyst (75gp), White Pearl (25gp), and Bright Red Ruby (600gp)

Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant (Player's Guide to Faerun)
This chainmail gauntlet allows the wielder to hurl any melee weapon he catties as though it had the throwing and returning special abilities.
Moderate transmutation; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, magic stone, telekinesis; Price: 10,000gp.

Blue Quartz Eagle (Races of Faerun)
A blue quartz eagle becomes an eagle on command, but with vision akin to that granted by eyes of the eagle (+5 circumstance bonus on Spot checks). Another command sends it aloft. It will not attack, even to defend itself, but it will obey the telepathic commands of its owner as long as it remains within one mile of her. If forced to move beyond that distance, a blue quartz eagle will immediately revert to statuette form (usually shattering if it falls a great distance to the ground). While the figurine is transformed, its owner can mentally view everything the eagle can see, although the owner must use a standard action to observe what the eagle sees in that round. It can maintain its nonfigurine status for only 24 hours per tenday, but the duration need not be continuous.
Caster Level: 11th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, animate objects, clairaudience/clairvoyance; Market Price: 5,400 gp; Weight: -.

Description
You see above you a horrible monstrosity of two different sorts. The bottom half is a dark scaled four-legged creature with a tail filled with sharp spines. Attached to the front is the torso of a wide woman with four heads. Although not as large, the scales continue to cover the torso and heads. Full heads of snakes cover the heads of each head. The snakes twist in constant motion with the occasional forward snap. All four sets of eyes are black voids and as you look into them, you feel a wave of magic pass through your body. She grabs the two bastard swords strapped to her and whips them out as the dives down towards you in the wake of a cold blue breath escaping from all four mouths.

Background
Mayralika and Okrelik were traveling companions. They made strange companions because Mayralika was a Medusa and Okrelik was a Manticore. For some unknown reason to either of them, Okrelik was immune to her gaze attacks. They made an excellent pair in battle. Okrelik would fly into battle, shooting his spikes while Mayralika used her petrification gaze upon their enemies. Any creature which attempted to avert its gaze from Mayralika was set upon by Okrelik and any creature which opened its eyes to fight Okrelik was threatened to become petrified by Mayralika.

Unfortunately for them, they encountered the wrong person in their travels. They saw a Wizard and seeking to petrify the Wizard before he could attack, Mayralika attacked him. For some reason, he was unaffected. Okrelik attacked him from behind, but neither could stand up to the power of the Wizard who negated her most potent ability.

The Wizard brought them both back to his lab. He studied them for a long period of time before deciding to have them interact within his experiments. Something went terribly wrong becayse Mayralika and Okrelik became one creature, though Okrelik lost his sentience as death overtook him. Mayralika lost the bottom half of her body, but was attached to his. Mayralika tried to exact revenge on the Wizard and with her knew strength and power, she was able to petrify him.

Having been victorious in her revenge, she has decided that she will not tolerate those who experiment on others. She goes out of her way to champion their causes and to protect them from Wizards who she feels abuse their powers by using them on the defenseless for dispiccable acts. She kills whoever she feels she must to protect these people without care for who she might be hurting.

Tactics
Basically, she begins by flying over the group to petrify as many of her enemy as she can. Afterwards, she begins by using a similar tactic as the dragon, flying by and breathing upon the enemy. If that doesn't work, she will short her spikes at the opponents. If THAT doesn't work, she will go into melee with the characters, though she will hover about five feet above her enemies, providing they are Medium or smaller. She does not necessarily need to use her poison snakes, though she will if she sees someone she believes she can use them well against. She will try to gain the little bonus by being above her opponents, but she can stand on the ground if she needs to, getting her full attacks in.

Adventure Hooks
1. Hook for the PCs: The PCs hear about kidnappings within the fishing town of Knott's Landing. The PCs are hired by a Wizard named Monteku to kill a horrid creature who apparently wants to kill him for 'reasons unknown.' As if that isn't enough, he tells them that she is apparently the cause of the kidnappings. He tells them of her lair's location.

Background: Monteku has been kidnapping people to further his experimentations on both creating perfect slaves capable of defending himself and of creating a body that will never die. So far, he has been unsuccessful, but the continuing kidnappings has drawn a lot of attention to the city. Mayralika has heard about these kidnappings and has, with difficulty, determined that Monteku is the cause behind them [she saw him dumping a mutated body into the river]. She has set about to kill Monteku, but her attack failed because of the experiments he has defended himself with.

Adventure: The PC's original goal is to kill Mayralika.

Options: The PCs kill Mayralika, return to Monteku and are properly rewarded.

OR

The PCs don't kill her and determine that unless she has another lair, there are no traces of kidnapped victims where they find her. The PCs don't kill her and speak with her. She tells them that Monteku is the true villian and that he is the kidnapper. She is trying to stop him, but cannot defeat him on his own.

Further Adventure: If the PCs do kill Mayralika, eventually, they may hear of more kidnappers [whether at the same city or not is optional, though Monteku is intelligent enough to move away in order to prevent suspicion from being brought down on him by the PCs]. They may then decide to go hunting after the rumors and find Monteku again. If Mayralika is not killed and she tells the PCs her story, they will likely return to the city and determine the truth for themselves. This likely would lead to a confrontration between them and Monteku with his experiments.

2. Hook: The PCs are hired by the authorities to determine the cause of the deaths of Telgraf and his friend Dreven.

Background: Telgraf has been purchasing slaves from the underground slave ring. Word of this reached Mayralika through a contact she has in the city of Raskus. When Mayralika confronted the Wizard, his friend, an accomplished Fighter, attempted to stop her, but she killed him. She turned her gaze on the Wizard and in an instant he had turned to stone. She smashed the statue to prevent him from easily being restored to flesh and left.

Adventure: The PCs hear rumors of the cause of his death and upon questioning people, learn that the creature flew to the north into the woods. Upon searching the woods, they see a lair which likely belongs to someone, but hasn't been inhabited for some time. The PCs should then return to the city of Raskus. Shortly after their return, there are reports of another death, this time of a man thought to be a slaver, Boril but never had anyone had any proof of such claims. His cause of death: Broken statue.

Options: The PCs continue searching for Mayralika.

OR

The PCs decide to investigate the link between a well-known, respectable Wizard, and a man thought to be a slaver. By speaking with those of the criminal sort, they learn that Boril sold slaves to Telgraf, though it is not well-known.

Further Adventure: The PCs are asked to search Telgref's abode if they have not already done so. Hidden beneath his house, connected to the sewers, is a small lair with numerous captives, all experimented on. Another possible option is that though he may have done foul deeds, he is still a respected member of the community and the authorities may desire the punishment of the one who killed him and his innocent friend [though the friend may not necessarily be innocent either]. Lastly, the PCs may be asked to continue investigating the slave trade within and around Raskus and put an end to it.

Manticore: Monster Manual
Medusa: Monster Manual
Multiheaded Template: Savage Species
Tauric Template: Savage Species

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Rokaat

Rokaat
Kobold Lizard (monitor) Half-Dragon (red) Druid 5(CR: 10)
Medium Dragon
HD:
4d10+5d8+54 ; hp 117
Init +2
Spd: 30 ft., swim 30ft.
AC: 19 (+2 dex, +7 nat), touch 12, flat-footed 17

BA/Grapple: +7/+15
Attack: 2 claws +15 melee (1d4+8) and bite +10 melee (1d6+4)
S/R: 5ft/5ft
SA: Breath (DC 17)
SQ: Low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft, light sensitivity, Immune to fire, Nature Sense, Wild Empathy, Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Resist Nature's Lure, Wild Shape (1/day)

AL TN
Fort 13, Ref 6, Will 10
Str 26, Dex 15, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 10

Skills: Climb +11, Handle Animal +5, Heal +7, Hide +5, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Spellcraft +6, Spot +8, Survival +9, Swim +11
Languages: Draconic, Common, Druidic

Feats: Power Attack, Improved Toughness, Track, Lightning Reflexes

Breath: 30-foot cone, 6d8 fire damage.

Spells: 4/3/1 (DC 12+spell level)
1st- Cure Light wounds (x2), Longstride, Speak with animals
2nd- Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance
3rd- Magic Fang (Greater)

Equipment 14,235
Bag of Tricks (Rust) 3,000gp.
Ring of Sustenance 2,500gp.
Rod of Extension, Minor 3,000gp.
Wand of Summon Monster I (25 charges) 375gp
Potion of Cure Moderate 300gp
Potion of Fly 750gp
Armbands of Might 4,100gp
Gold statue of Kobold wielding a spear in a threatening manner (210gp)

Armbands of Might (Complete Adventurer)
These bronze armbands grant their wearer a +2 bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks. If the wearer has the Power Attack feat, he gains a +2 bonus on melee damage rolls on any attack on which he uses the Power Attack feat and takes a penalty of at least -2 on his attack roll. Armbands occupy the same space on the body as a pair of bracers or bracelets.
Faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, bull's strength; Price: 4,100gp.

Description
You see before you a lizard-like creature as if someone had chopped a Kobold in half, put it where the head of a lizard should be, and colored it a blood red color. It is quite strong for being part Kobold and it flexes before you, though it almost seems more entranced by its muscles than you are.

Background
Rokaat was a druid who lived underground. He liked the underground nature, the mushrooms, the fungus, and, especially, the lack of light. These likes of Rokaat eventually led him down the path of the druid. [I would have liked a more underground version of a druid rather than a foresty one, but I didn't know of any]. In his travels, he came across a den of lizards which had been destroyed by a passing group of Orcs. Rokaat killed the pesky orcs, but he was only able to save a single Lizard, whom he named Lizzy (Lizzy struck him as a good name for it).

Lizzy became a good friend to Rokaat. They lived together, ate together, and traveled together. They relied on each other and life was good. However, all things must come to an end and everything changed for Rokaat and Lizzy when they came across an area in the Underdark which they had not been to before. After exploring for a couple of days, they found nothing. Still, their spirits were high because it wasn't that they were looking for anything.

That night, however, they were attacked. Rokaat was quickly held by a spell. Lizzy tried fighting, but was no match for the Wizard. Rokaat saw Liz fall and thought his faithful companion was dead. Still held, the Wizard knocked Rokaat unconscious.

When he awoke, he found that where his legs and body should be below his waist, he saw the familiar body of his friend Lizzy. As if it wasn't torture enough to see his closest friend perish, the Wizard expiramented long and hard, able to now because of his increased physical stamina and strength. When the Wizard was finally finished, Rokaat was let free, but he was far from everything he recognized. His main goal now is to return home, though a very close second is finding a way to restore his friend back to life. However, he likes the strength this new body has given him and will not save Lizzy if it means losing part of his body. Still, he is loyal to his deceased companion and refuses to gain another companion in place of the lizard.

Tactics
He'll try to use his buff spells before battle if possible. During battle, his tactic is very simple: attack. Frequently, he forgets that he even has a breath weapon. He isn't stupid, however, and if he realizes that simply attacking isn't going to kill his enemy, he will do something else.

Adventure Hooks
1. Hook: PCs are traveling through one village when they hear that a village only a day's travel away [the village of Liverock] is looking for some help to deal some sort of creature harassing them.

Background: Livestock are being killed, one every couple of days. After the third occurance, the villagers send messengers into the surrounding villages to spread the word to increase chances of attracting adventurers. Several days ago, a group of adventurers entered Liverock because the request. They found a creature nearby [Rokaat] and captured him, bringing him into the town's jail, and recieved the reward.

Adventure: The PCs arrive in town to find that everything appears to be fine. The perpetrator has been caught by a slightly more nearby group of adventurers. Annoyed, the PCs rest the night. However, in the morning, there are reports of another cow that was slaughtered in the same fashion. Not only that, but one of the adventurers in the other group is found dead in what appears to be a ritualistic suicide. Rumors arise in the town, even greater than before, and the village leader approaches the PCs. He explains to them that there was once a Witch in the town name Hilda and that she had killed in the same way that the young adventurer was killed in. He asks them for help and will likely tell them the location of Hilda's broken down house nearby,

Options: The PCs decide to investigate the cows. They find that the cows were apparently ripped apart from the inside out.

OR

The PCs decide to investigate Hilda's ramshackled house. There, they find traces of someone's presence because furniture has been moved, but there are no footsteps other than their own. If the PCs enter at night, they encounter the ghost of the female adventurer in the other group [Salvatta]. If they enter during the day, the encounter nothing. Hopefully, at some time, it will be set up so that the PCs either enter the house and night and see the ghost, or they witness the ghost rise up from Savatta during her sleep.

Ending the Adventure: The PCs may defeat the Ghost, but she will never be satisfied until this village has been destroyed. If the PCs kill Savatta here, they will have just brought doom upon this town because she will kill everyone until no one is left or the PCs find a way to permanently destroy her ghost [a difficult job]. Savatta, however, is completely unaware that she is doing any of this, so killing her may be considered wrong. She will agree to leave if the PCs can convince her that it is in everyone's best interest.

Continuing the Adventure: Unfortunately, just as Savatta was once drawn here, she will always be drawn here. It may not be immediate, but she will return. Eventually, the PCs may hear of this in the future and decide to return to Liverock and end the horrible history. Rokaat, once freed, will also ask the PCs if they've heard of any entrance into the underground. If they are able to tell him of an entrance, he will have their eternal gratitude.

2. Hook: The PCs see smoke in the distance, too much for a simple campfire, and hopefully, they'll go check it out.

Background: Slavers used to frequently exit through a certain entrance into the underground. After several battles, the Elves nearby took control of the area and built up a gate and small fort at the entrance to prevent undesirable traffic through the area. Rokaat found this entrance, but was viewed as a threat by the Elves and attacked. He managed to escape. Several of the Elves chased him into the woods, but he managed to elude them. As the Elves returned to the gate, the found it destroyed. The slavers have been readying an attack and as it happened, attacked when the guard was weakened and found the Elves easy prey.

Adventure: The PCs arrive at the gate shortly after the Elves as they are battling Rokaat.

Options: They help the Elves. The Elves will thank them whether or not Rokaat is killed. Shortly after the battle, either a Tracker of sorts among the PCs or one of the Elves will notice wagon tracks among the debris. The Elves will then ask the PCs's help to hunt down the true perpetrators: the slavers. The slavers are fairly easy to find, though not as easy to fight. If the PCs stop the slavers, they will be rewarded by the Elves for completing the duty they failed.

OR

They help the Elves, in which case the Elves will be defeated and those surviving will be forced to flee. Considering that Rokaat is monster-like and the Elves are Elves, the PCs will probably not go this route. If they do, they will have made enemies of the Elves.

OR

The PCs watch and wait, in which case Rokaat will defend himself and defeat the Elves [not trying to kill them, just make them so they can't fight. He will stop when they fall unconscious]. Once done, he will walk into the underground. If any Elves survive, the PCs will also end up the enemy of the Elves.

Continuing the Adventure: The slavers will determine who killed their own [if one escaped and reported what happened] through magical means if necessary. This group is powerful and the PCs will have just made themselves powerful enemies. This could mean that occasional assassins attempt to end their lives, or that during their adventures, the slavers will make their lives difficult, a mental sort of torture, until they decide to kill the adventurers.

Druid Class: Player's Handbook
Half-Dragon Template: Monster Manual
Kobold: Monster Manual
Monitor Lizard: Monster Manual

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Horace the Scorpion Killer

Horace the Scorpion Killer
Man scorpion Marshal 7 (CR: 11)
Large Monstrous Humanoid

HD: 13d8+39 ; hp 119
Init +4
Spd: 35 ft. [base of 50 ft.]
AC: 21 (-1 size, +7 nat, +5 armor), touch 9, flat-footed 21

BA/Grapple: +11/+19
Attack: Glaive +16 [+18 v. vermin and humans] (1d10+7 ; 19-20/x3) [1d10+9 +2d6 v. vermin and humans] and sting +10 (1d6+2 plus poison)
S/R: 10ft/5ft (10ft w/glaive)
SA: Poison
SQ: Darkvision 60 ft, tremorsense 60 ft., Minor Aura (4), Major Aura (+2 ; 2), Grant Move action 1/day

AL LE
Fort +12, Ref +4, Will +10
Str 19, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 18

Skills: Bluff +11, Climb +14, Hide +10, Intimidate +11, Sense Motive +7, Spot +17
Languages: Common

Feats (5): Skill Focus (Diplomacy ; Bonus), Power Attack, Improved Critical, Ability Focus (Poison), Improved Toughness, Improved Initiative

Poison: Fort DC 17. 1d4 Con/1d4 Con. Save is Constitution-based.

Skills: Has a +4 racial bonus on Climb, Hide, and Spot checks.

Auras: Affects all allies within 60 feet.
Minor Auras:
Master of Tactics: Cha bonus to damage when flanking.
Demand Fortitude: Cha bonus to Fortitude saves.
Accurate Strike: Cha bonus on rolls made to confirm critical hits.
Over the Top: Cha bonus on damage when charging.

Major Auras:
Motivate Ardor: +2 bonus on damage rolls.
Motivate Urgency: Allies' base land speed is increased by 10 feet.

Equipment 21,675gp
+1 Human Bane Vermin Bane Glaive 18300gp.
Everfull Waterskin 800gp
Potion of Cure Moderate 300gp
Potion of Fly 750gp
Silver Pendant of a Scorpion with a spear through it 75gp
+1 Chitin Armor 1,450gp

Everful Mug (Arms and Equipment)
With a command word, this common-looking mug fills with 12 ounces of water, cheap ale, or watery wine (user's choice). It functions three times per day.
Caster Level: 1st; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, create water; Market Price: 800 gp; Weight: -- .

Description
Horace the Scorpion Killer is half man and half scorpion. Dirt covers his muscles, but through that layer of dirt, his face is kept neatly trimmed and his sandy brown hair short as befitting an officer in an army. He stands straight, head held high, eyes looking forward filled with coldness and rage among a hard, blank face. Scars mar his uncovered body, the trophies of countless battles fought. A wicked Glaive rests in his right hand, the blade permanently stained with blood.

History
Horace was a great combatant. He was an officer in the Human army during the war against the Scorpion people. It was a long and difficult battle, but the Humans appeared to finally be winning. Unfortunately, near the end of the war, Horace, during a mission to destroy a Scorpion outpost, was ambushed. He and his men put up a good fight, but they stood little chance. Horace was captured by the Scorpion people because they had heard of his abilities. They didn't kill him. No, that would have been a blessing. Instead, the leader of the Scorpion people, the Scorpion King, decided he was to be transmuted into the very thing the Humans had come to hate: a scorpion kin. After his change, he was freed. He found that the Humans had won the war, though they still hated the Scorpion people. As soon as the Humans saw him, he was outcasted. Though a known leader, he was hated by the Humans.

Horace the Scorpion Killer has learned to hate the Humans. He once wanted to find a way to change back into a Human, but he now despises the Humans. Vengeance and leading an army against both the humans and the Scorpion people keeps him alive.

Tactics
He lets others charge into battle and fights where he is needed and where his auras can be put to their best use.

Adventure Hooks
1. Hook: PCs hear of towns being attacked by brigands.

Background: Horace has recruited a large number of bandits and is using them to attack nearby villages, taking anything of value and killing with relish. Despite losses during these raids, the bandits are swelling with an influx of people because of the numerous successes of the raids.

Adventure: The PCs must find a way to stop the brigands from attacking. This can be caused in one of two ways: annihilate the brigand forces or kill their leader. The first option, however, is only temporary.

Options: The PCs go searching for the bandits. It shouldn't be too hard to find them. The PCs work on detailing their plan of attack. However, while they are doing this, another village is attacked. Even if the PCs do manage to defeat the group of brigands at the base, there is another group returning from a raid. Horace will be found here, planning out strategies. If a battle begins, he will fight alongside his allies because he knows he is more powerful than them and more capable of stopping any annoying adventurers. In the end, however, Horace doesn't care about the lives of the brigands and will sacrifice as many as them as necessary to escape.

OR

The PCs decide to protect one of the towns. Unfortunately, without being able to predict the future, there are four more villages nearby that can be attacked. However, if the PCs ask, they learn that the brigands have simply been raiding them in a fairly systematic order, one after another. The PCs can then go to this village, which will be attacked. However, Horace is intelligent and sets up watches and has insiders working for him. He will know when they enter the town and will probably be able to guess their purpose. Horace will send out almost the entirety of his force, leaving only those most trusted with him. If the raid fails, he quickly packs up and leaves, bringing along the brigands reamining with him, hopefully in time to avoid the PCs.

Continuing the Adventure: The adventure can continue in two ways: Horace escapes, goes somewhere else, and continues doing this all over again, or he dies but one of the brigand officers continues to do this work in Horace's name. However, if the latter option occurs, it is unlikely he will ever gain the same following, though to make it interesting, it could be decided that he essentially starts a cult in Horace's name with one of their main goals being to Resurrect Horace.

2. Hook: The PCs hear of a Vermin problem. Seems that their services in clearing out these Vermin would be greatly appreciated.

Background: A Druid named Jerik has found a small town that he likes and fancies a certain farmgirl name Rowanna. He proposed to her, but her father was against it because he was a total stranger. The next night, Jerik sent a small number of Vermin and killed her father, but that only made the matters worse. No one was able to connect him directly, but he was the only stranger and the only one with a motive. He was imprisoned, but he killed the guard and escaped. For the last week, he has been killing people at night, trying to scare everyone into fleeing or killing them all, whichever came first.

Adventure: The PCs must defeat the Vermin and the one behind them. The easiest way to do this is by waiting until nightfall when the Vermin strike out again. During this night, Horace appears, killing Vermin left and right.

Options: They can follow some of the Vermin into the building Jerik has chosen to take over until her has killed everyone: a farmhouse near that of Rowanna's family. They confront Jerik and defeat him, probably killing him.

OR

They spend time searching for him, which may or may not be successful. If nothing else, during the night, they will wake up to sounds of screaming and can return to option one.

OR

They move to protect Rowanna. A poor idea because Jerik will continue killing everyone. Fortunately, Horace appears. He kills the Druid and leaves. Word of this spreads and the PCs' reputation will probably be hurt.

Continuing the Adventure: This adventure can continue only if the Druid escapes, though that adventure would only be Jerik attempting to gain Rowanna's hand in marriage, forcefully or not. This adventure does not continue even if the PCs befriend Horace and unless the PCs consist mainly of Humans, their encounter could perhaps grant them the additional contact in the form of Horace.

Human: Player's Handbook
Marshal Class: Miniature's Handbook
Scorpion: Monster Manual

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I'm not convinced Horace is worth his CR with such a low AC, but I really like the thread! Great layout too. :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
I'm not convinced Horace is worth his CR with such a low AC, but I really like the thread! Great layout too. :)

I suppose that might be true. I guess I just can't picture them wearing much armor consider what they are. Centaurs don't have any armor either, and I guess I've kinda kept that feeling with these creatures.

Although it wouldn't be too difficult to add some armor to them, I'd hate to be the people who finds it. Yay, Full Plate top half, Barding bottom half. Would Magical Armor like that still reshape to fit the wearer?

Glad you like the thread. And don't worry, I only have a couple of Tauric creatures left to post. I'm also really glad I started doing the Adventure Hook thing. It's been totally giving me many more ideas than I would have had originally, whether they're useful to anyone else or not. ;)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Doriy'ya Dor'Korath

Yeah yeah yeah, ignore the whole Drider relation thing. I was originally planning on doing a Drow/Spider for each type in a sort of heirarchy thing, but apparently, that ended after the first one. :heh: I think had I not changed Drow so much in my campaign, I would do that soon, but alas! I'm gonna have to pass.

Doriy'ya Dor'Korath
Drow Spider (Hunter) Wizard 5 (CR: 8)
Large Monstrous Humanoid
HD:
5d8+5d4+20 ; hp 67
Init +3
Spd: 40ft., Climb 20ft.
AC: 14 (-1 size, +3 dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 11

BA/Grapple: +7/+13
Attack: Mighty (+3) Long Bow ranged +10/+5 (1d8+3/x3)
SA: Web
SQ: Darkvision 120ft, Tremorsense 60ft, SR 16, Light Blindness, Spell-like Abilities

AL LE
Fort 3, Ref 8, Will 10
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12

Skills: Climb +19, Concentration +7, Hide +16, Jump +21, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Move Silently +9, Spellcraft +8, Spot +17
Languages: Elf, Common, Undercommon

Feats: Scribe Scroll (Bonus), Highborn Drow, Improved Toughness, Improved Initative, Craft Wondrous Item (Bonus), Brew Potion, Magic in the Blood

Spell-Like Abilities: (3/day each): Dancing lights, darkness, detect good, detect magic, faerie fire, levitate.

Web (Ex): Both types of monstrous spiders often wait in their webs or in trees, then lower themselves silently on silk strands and leap onto prey passing beneath. A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. A monstrous spider can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.
Escape Artist DC Break DC Hit Points
13 17 12

Monstrous spiders have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. A monstrous spider can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Monstrous spiders use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher. *Hunting spiders have a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks and a +8 racial bonus on Spot checks.

Spells: 4/3/2 (DC 13+spell level)
1st- Color Spray, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Ray of Enfeeblement
2nd- Blindness/Deafness, Glitterdust, Melf's Acid Arrow
3rd- Haste, Slow

Equipment 7,175gp
Wand of Fireballs (5th level ; 28 charges left)
Rod of Extension, Minor 3,000gp.
Might (+3) Long Bow +1 2,400gp.
Scroll of Suggestion 375gp
Potion of Gaseous Form 300gp
Potion of Cure Mod (x2) 600gp total.
Vest of Many Styles 500gp

Vestment of Many Styles (Races of Eberron)
This suit of clothes transforms itself into different fabrics and designs, allowing the wearer to alter her outward appearance with a command word. The vestment grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks in any situation where clothing is part of the disguise (so that it wouldn't help disguise a sorcerer who had shapechanged into a red dragon, for example), but does not change or disguise any armor worn.
Moderate transmutation; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, creator must be a changeling; Price: 500gp.

Feats
Highborn Drow: You may use detect good, detect magic, and levitate once per day as spell-like abilities, with a caster equal to your character level.

Magic in the Blood: You can use your racial spell-like abilities more often than you otherwise could. Any ability that is otherwise usable once per day is now usable three times per day.

Description
Doriy'ya is an attractive Drow, though she doesn't have the verbal skills required to convince masses to join her. She doesn't tolerate comments on her appearance unless they are complimentary because she believes that any who insult her insult Lolth as well. Her hair consists of long white tresses and her eyes speak of fanatacism. Sitting still is not a strong point as she believes she should be out doing Lolth's work. Some part of her body is always in constant motion, whether one of her feet tapping the floor or snapping her fingers.

History
Always an avid worshipper of Lolth, even if not an actual Cleric, Doriy'ya kept many pet spiders. She had a large number of them kept in safe containers. However, Doriy'ya was too trusting in her belief that Lolth's creatures would not harm anyone. She frequently took them out of their cages to 'play' with. One of these spiders was a Large Monstrous Spider. Doriy'ya had not named it. She had been waiting for Lolth to give the spider a name, though the Goddess had not said anything to her.

Well one day, the Large Spider bit her. She had never been very strong and the strength damage weakened her severely. The spider escaped her and entered the Drow city where it proceeded to attack various Drow. It injured several and managed to kill one before it was stopped. Doriy'ya's peers had never liked her strange devotion to spiders. Yes they thought spiders were cool, but they weren't obsessed about them. The victim's of the spider's attacks had all been male, but those around Doriy'ya decided to punish her anyway. They tried to find a fitting punishment for her. They didn't want to kill her because no one important had been lost and Doriy'ya was a female, but they wanted her away from them. One Wizard came up with an excellent idea.

So, a short while later, Doriy'ya was combined with the spider. To their annoyance, Doriy'ya felt blessed by them and by Lolth. Her faith in Lolth couldn't have been any stronger, even though she was booted out of the Drow city. Doriy'ya merely felt that her Goddess was sending her on a quest to convert more worshippers to Lolth.

Doriy'ya was not very successful in her quest to convert worshippers. First off, she was a Drow, and secondly, she was a mutated Drow. No one would listen to her. Unperterbed, she continued traveling the world, her goal to find a way to both gain followers in the name of Lolth and to find some great deed she can do to cause massive destruction among Lolth's enemies and to regain the favor of those in the Drow city and perhaps rule over them as well.

Tactics
Doriy'ya was never much of a fighter. She had used poison bolts like most Drow, but once her Drow poison had run out, she decided to switch to the Long Bow. She generally stays on the ceiling or walls where she can avoid being physically attacked. She is more of a support caster with her spells, but she also has a Wand of Fireballs which she will use if she sees that her support isn't enough and that damage is what is needed.

Adventure Hooks
1. Hook: The PCs are hired by the Captain of the Guard to investigate the warehouse district for some Drow.

Background: Doriy'ya found one lackey, a human Drow wannabe. Had she not needed help so badly and his help so useful, she would have slaughtered him immediately. His hair was was dyed white and his entire body tattooed black [yes, his entire body; he even showed her as proof]. He even named himself Driv'vt as if naming himself after a disgraceful Drow would make other Drow happy. Doriy'ya has also learned of a powerful item that when acted causes a huge explosion. It is located beneath the sewers in the capitol city of Cargeny. She needs to find it within 2 weeks, before the ceremony of the Princess's wedding. Killing her, destroying the castle, and wreaking havoc is sure to prove her worth to the other Drow. The Captain of the Guard, a solid man by the name of Hergoh, has heard about the Drow within the city and has hired several groups of adventurers to deal with this possible threat. One of these groups works for Driv'vt however, and they will attempt to kill any group which gets close to finding Doriy'ya.

Adventure: The PCs are to go to the warehouse district. Driv'vt is actually somewhat known here and it shouldn't be difficult to find out where he is. They need to get the information from him and stop Doriy'ya. With Driv'vt's information, it is easy to find Doriy'ya.

Options: There are two main options which could occur. The first is that the PCs find Doriy'ya and stop her, whether through killing her or bringing her to the authorities. However, if they bring her to the authorities and Driv'vt still lives, he will grab his group and attempt to rescue her. This time they will be more careful and watch out for the PCs. If Driv'vt is also captured or killed, then the adventure is basically over and the PCs get rewarded.

OR

The PCs are unable to find/defeat Doriy'ya in time. In this case, she will have found the item and is going to use it. There are several additional options, one of them being that the item causes the wreckage she so hopes. Another is that the item is not what it really is and is actually something totally different [might not even be a magical item!].

Continuing the Adventure: If the PCs stop Doriy'ya, but don't kill her, she eventually escapes and she will be angered at them. She considers them as enemies of Lolth and deserving nothing short of death for their interference. Same thing happens if she manages to escape. Another option is that the Grenade is stolen and the PCs need to find it [this can occur whether Doriy'ya survives or not and she doesn't necessarily need to be the one to steal it. If she sets off the item, there will be a manhunt designed to hunt Drow, of which the PCs can become a part of or not. If desired, this could turn into a war v. Drow.

Tsunami Grenades
It is said that hundreds of these items were to be created by the God of Nature during a vengeful period when he desired the total annihilation of civilization. Fortunately, he came to his senses before they could all be developed, although not before four created. These four were hidden well and protected, knowing that if anyone got there hands on them, they could destroy a large area of virtually anything. One of these was found shortly after by traitors to the God and it was used to destroy a large city before the traitors were killed. A second one was found underneath the capitol city Cargeny. The PCs should turn this into the authorities who will of course keep careful eye on it.

Once activated, it has three rounds before exploding into a Verdigris Tsunami, the epic spell. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/verdigrisTsunami.htm

Or, if preferable, the numbers can be changed.

2. Hook: Drow have been seen in the area and the PCs have been asked to investigate.

Background: On her deathbed, another Drow admits that she was the one who had caused Doriy'ya's spider to go crazy and kill. Doriy'ya wasn't to blame at all. In fact, Doriy'ya may be their only salvation as some of the Drow begin preparing for battle. The Seer speaks of a prophecy detailing that Doriy'ya has a part of Lolth inside her and that if she does not lead them, then their war is doomed to fail. This Drow was jealous of Doriy'ya and only now is capable of admitting it. She says that they have until the next new moon to find her or all will be for naught. The Drow have sent several raiding parties to the surface to find her and bring her back. They have killed anyone else they have come across, creating a disturbance not gone unnoticed.

Adventure: The PCs encounter one of the groups and hopefully questions them on their purpose. With the information gleaned from the Drow, they learn of the Drow plans and that they must find Doriy'ya before them. The amount of time until the New Moon is however much the DM wants. A longer time means that though they have more time to find her, once they do, they have to worry about attacks for a much longer of a time. The shorter the time means the Drow only have a couple of opportunity to retrieve her.

Options: The PCs find Doriy'ya first and then prevent her with connecting with the Drow. This could pose a challenge because if they outright kill her and do nothing about it, then she will simply be Resurrected. What they must do is hold onto her until after the New Moon, a dangerous prospect considering that Drow raiding parties will be intent on freeing her and Doriy'ya will constantly be attempting escape.

OR

The PCs decide to let the Drow do all the work and set up an ambush. This gives the PCs the opportunity to set everything up, though they must be aware of the Drow exiting the underground [more and more as the New Moon approaches]. Depending on the PCs's actions, this could actually be the best option.

OR

The worst option: the PCs do nothing. In that case, the Drow find Doriy'ya and bring her back to the underground. She leads a war upon the other races.

Continuing the Adventure: In the last scenario, this adventure will be continued through a Drow war. In the other cases, they have made enemies of the Drow, but after the New Moon, this adventure is basically over.

Drow: Monster Manual
Spider: Monster Manual
Wizard Class: Player's Handbook

The long awaited: Driv'vt

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dog Moon said:
I suppose that might be true. I guess I just can't picture them wearing much armor consider what they are. Centaurs don't have any armor either, and I guess I've kinda kept that feeling with these creatures.
Centaurs are also CR 3. ;)

I suppose an armor bonus isn't necessary, but just something to add to AC. A ring, some spells, bracers, something.

Some of these will more than likely see daylight in my games.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
Centaurs are also CR 3. ;)

I suppose an armor bonus isn't necessary, but just something to add to AC. A ring, some spells, bracers, something.

Some of these will more than likely see daylight in my games.

Okay, they've been modified a little, and I gave Horace +1 Chitin Armor. Chitin sounds fitting, don'tcha think? ;)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
High Elf Unicorn

Technically, the Unicorn should lose the horn with its head and thus the abilities associated with it, but I decided to keep the horn anyway. I'm not entirely sure why, but back when I originally made my next creation, I kept the base race of the High Elf Unicorn when I did not keep the base race of any of the other creations.

I sort of like the idea of these Tauric beings as being special, like legends spoken of by the Centaurs and their belief in these beings which they almost consider to be Angels, though they are in fact not. The Centaurs believe in these Angels as being those who will eventually lead them to freedom, to fight the Humans encroaching on their lands and create a utopia for all Centaurs and forest creatures. NPC to come shortly.

High Elf Unicorn (CR: 4)
Large Monstrous Humanoid
HD:
5d8+25 ; hp 57
Init +3
Spd: 60 ft.
AC: 18 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15

BA/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Horn +13 melee (1d8+8) and 2 hooves +5 melee (1d4+2)
SA: -
SQ: Darkvision 60ft, magic circle against evil, spell-like abilities, immunity to poison, charm, and compulsion, low-light vision, scent, wild empathy, immunity to magic sleep, +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects, Auto Search on secret door within 5 feet

AL Chaotic Good
Fort 6, Ref 7, Will 4
Str 20, Dex 17, Con 21, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Skills: Jump +8, Listen +7, Move Silently +6, Spot +7, Survival +7
Languages: Sylvan, Common, Elf

Feats: Alertness, Skill Focus (Survival)

Magic Circle against Evil (Su): This ability continuously duplicates the effect of the spell. A unicorn cannot suppress this ability.

Spell-Like Abilities: Unicorns can use detect evil at will as a free action. Once per day a unicorn can use greater teleport to move anywhere within its home. It cannot teleport beyond the forest boundaries nor back from outside. A unicorn can use cure light wounds three times per day and cure moderate wounds once per day (caster level 5th) by touching a wounded creature with its horn. Once per day it can use neutralize poison (DC 14, caster level 8th) with a touch of its horn. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Wild Empathy (Ex): This power works like the druid’s wild empathy class feature, except that a unicorn has a +6 racial bonus on the check.

Skills: Unicorns have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks. *Unicorns have a +3 competence bonus on Survival checks within the boundaries of their forest. Elves get a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks.

Note: The horn is considered as a +3 weapon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases