Dog Moon's Creatures [Updated 10-05-13]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Elemental Blooded

Sooooo... I think this is another part of my attempt to create more elemental variant templates than what currently exist. I guess I've always just like the idea of elementals; maybe a little too much. :)

So for this, while I focused kind of on the main 4 types, almost any other type would be fitting, assuming there's an elemental creature created for that type for the Summon Elemental ability to work, assuming you want to use that ability.

I don't know if anyone ever reads my opening thoughts, but I came up with a hilarious idea: holy elemental. So whenever you cut yourself, you take damage, but your blood is golden and when it strikes someone, it heals them. So the main tank is down. What do you do? Cut yourself wide open and bleed on them, curing their wounds with said blood. Hehe.

Also, while I do not currently have a base creature, I'm working on an idea of mine for another base creature of which I will then add this template on because I think it works PERFECTLY for it. Yay. :)

Elemental Blood
There are several ways to become Elemental Blooded, though no matter the how or why, in the end, they all have the same abilities. Their blood retains the quality of the element of their chosen type. The appearance and texture vary depending on the element:
Air: invisible, almost airy blood
Earth: green, bubbly blood
Fire: Bright red, flaming
Water: sheer white, normal, but freezes upon the skin

The first of the ways is probably the most common way: pure experimentation. Sometimes, this occurs on purpose as stories of the Elemental Blooded have passed through the ears of many a caster who desire to replicate the procedure. Most are unsuccessful in their endeavors, though frequently, when the subject is not killed, other forms of elemental beings are created. A rare few become Elemental Blooded. Other times, this occurs by accident, such as the mage creating too many grafts of a single element and the body mutates itself into an Elemental Blooded with elemental parts grafted onto the body.

The second of the ways is through divine grace. The four Elemental Lords grant this gift to loyal subjects. This is thought to be done by the Elemental Lord sucking out the blood of the subject and then placing a small amount of the Lord's physical elemental being within the veins of the subject, creating an Elemental Blood while taking the power of the blood for their own, evil purposes. Whether true or not, few know, and those few who do have not spoken of the nature of their transformation to outsiders or those beyond their most trusted of allies.

"Elemental Blooded" is a gained template which can be applied to any living creature with veins. The size and type remain unchanged, though the being gains the [Augmented] subtype as well as the corresponding element type.

Size and type: Gains the appropriate subtype depending on which type of elemental is infused in their blood; [Air], [Earth], [Fire], or [Water]

Special Qualities:
Summon Elemental (Su): As a full-round action, an Elemental Blooded can cut arteries and veins, causing enough blood to flow that an elemental is burst free. The creature loses an amount of hit points equal to one-quarter of it's maximum. The elemental summoned forth has a number of Hit Dice equal to 1/2 the creature's.

Blood Spray (Su): Every hit against the Elemental Blooded causes it's blood to burst forth. This has the effect of dealing 1d6 damage of the appropriate elemental damage in the direction the attack came from. The distance depends on the weapon. Piercing causes a 5' splurt, slashing causes a 10' cone, and bludgeoning weapons do not cause anything.

Blood Shake (Ex): When the Elemental Blooded reaches 1/2 hp, it can vigorously shake it's body as a full round action. All creature's within 15 feet takes 1d6 damage of the appropriate elemental type equal to 1/2 the creature's HD, rounded down. Reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 HD + dex modifier.

Blood Sacrifice (Su): An Elemental Blood can choose to cut it's own veins and arteries in an attack separate from that to summon an elemental. For every 5 points of damage it chooses to take, it deals 1d6 points of damage to a single creature within 10 feet as a touch attack.

Immunity to Element

Abilities: +2 Con.

CR: +2

LA: +2

Special:
Sorcerers sometimes desire to choose to cause this effect to themselves by channeling the very element within their body. It is a risky business and many perish in the attempt, but those who are successful are allowed to take the following feats:

Elemental Attunement
These Sorcerers can feel the element within their blood at all times and use this to better fuel their spells.
Prerequisites: Ability to cast any spell of their appropriate element, Elemental Blooded template.
Benefit: They gain a +1 caster level on all spells with the subtype equal to their appropriate element.

Elemental Blood Familiar
While Sorcerers gain the ability to summon creatures as a Familiar, some can call forth their very own blood.
Prerequisites: Ability to summon a familiar, Caster Level 7th, Elemental Blooded template.
Benefit: By cutting even the slightest cut in their arms, they can summon forth a Small Elemental of the appropriate type. This deals them but a single damage. They do not take damage as the Elemental Summon Ability as above unless the Familiar dies; THEN they take that damage.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
You welcome. And hopefully, by tomorrow, I'll have the stats worked out for both a Human Barbarian as well as a Blink Dog [His unofficial Animal Companion] who are both going to be using this template, though the Blink Dog in a slightly less full way.

I like these. Without a group to work on CRs and other adjustments I don't dare mess with creating entirely new creatures. I have tons of creatures in my mind to develop however.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
megamania said:
I like these. Without a group to work on CRs and other adjustments I don't dare mess with creating entirely new creatures. I have tons of creatures in my mind to develop however.

Yeah, CRs are difficult to figure out. However, while I can frequently take templates and classes to make the sort of creature or character idea in my head, that isn't always the case. Sometimes, I'm able to take a creature and change up the stats to get what I want, but frequently, I am forced to make up creatures from scratch which can be fun too.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Tauric Human Phase Spider Ninja

Whew, it's been a while since I've done anything in this thread. Crazy!

Anyway, what I have below is another Tauric creature. I don't know why, but I seem to love this template. I think it's because it allows me to have a Humanoid part that I can add class levels and things to and have a Monstrous body with cool monster abilities and stuff. The top half is Human and the bottom half is Phase Spider. It's a Ninja.

I warn you, this thing is pretty vicious. I put my group up against two of these things and they were scrambling. The Ethereal Ambush ability combined with multiple attacks and Sneak Attacks totally annihilated a character in the Surprise Round. And then I used Greater Feint that put a person flat-footed for the entire round and the second one Flurry of Stars with Sneak Attack basically annihilated another character. And they can easily move in and out of the Ethereal Plane caused some issues for the group too.

Oh, the Nunchukus were just for fun. Seriously though, when I said "The creature smacks you with a Nunchuku" my entire group was like "Wait, what? Nunchuku? Are you freaking serious?!?" Hilarious. :)

These don't really have much of an ecology. They were added in as a side thing when my group was investigating the lair of a Drow Alchemist. There were lots of little spiders and these crazy creatures that were basically considered monstrous creations by said Alchemist.

Tauric Human/Phase Spider
Ninja
9 CR 11
XP
CN Medium monstrous humanoid
Init
+4; Senses Darkvision 60ft; Perception +13
AC 20, touch 13, flat 17 (+3 dex, +5 nat, +2 armor)
Hp 83 (9d8+27)
Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +4
Speed 30ft
Melee nunchaku +11/+6 (1d6+5)
Ranged shuriken +12/+7 (1d2+5) or +10/+10/+6
Special Attacks Ethereal Ambush, sneak attack (5d6)
Str 20, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 15
Base Atk +6; CMB +11; CMD 25 (29 vs trip)
Feats Combat Expertise, Greater Feint, Improved Feint, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Stealthy
Skills Acrobatics +15, Bluff +15, Climb +16, Disable Device +15, Disguise +14, Escape Artist +17, Knowledge (local) +14, Perception +13, Sense Motive +13, Sleight of Hand +15, Stealth +17
Languages common, orc
SQ Ethereal Jaunt, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Ki Points (7 points), Light Steps, Ninja Talents, No Trace +3
Combat Gear leather armor, nunchaku, 20 +2 shuriken, Belt of Incredible Dex +2
Other Gear/Treasure

Ki Pool (Su): At 2nd level, a ninja gains a pool of ki points, supernatural energy she can use to accomplish amazing feats. The number of points in the ninja’s ki pool is equal to 1/2 her ninja level + her Charisma modifier. As long as she has at least 1 point in her ki pool, she treats any Acrobatics skill check made to jump as if she had a running start. At 10th level, she also reduces the DC of Acrobatics skill checks made to jump by 1/2 (although she still cannot move farther than her speed allows).

By spending 1 point from her ki pool, a ninja can make one additional attack at her highest attack bonus, but she can do so only when making a full attack. In addition, she can spend 1 point to increase her speed by 20 feet for 1 round. Finally, a ninja can spend 1 point from her ki pool to give herself a +4 insight bonus on Stealth checks for 1 round. Each of these powers is activated as a swift action. A ninja can gain additional powers that consume points from her ki pool by selecting certain ninja tricks. The ki pool is replenished each morning after 8 hours of rest or meditation; these hours do not need to be consecutive. If the ninja possesses levels in another class that grants points to a ki pool, ninja levels stack with the levels of that class to determine the total number of ki points in the combined pool, but only one ability score modifier is added to the total. The choice of which score to use is made when the second class ability is gained, and once made, the choice is set. The ninja can now use ki points from this pool to power the abilities of every class she possesses that grants a ki pool.

Ninja Trick Talent
Acrobatic Master: 1 ki point for +20 to Acrobatics
Vanishing Trick: 1 ki point to go invis for 1 rd/level
Honeyed Words (Ex): Once per day, a rogue with this talent can gain a +10 bonus on a single Bluff check.
Flurry of Stars (Ex): A ninja with this ability can expend 1 ki point from her ki pool as a swift action before she makes a full-attack attack with shuriken. During that attack, she can throw two additional shuriken at her highest attack bonus, but all of her shuriken attacks are made at a –2 penalty, including the two extra attacks.

Ethereal Ambush (Ex): A phase spider that attacks foes on the Material Plane in a surprise round can take a full round of actions if it begins the combat by phasing into the Material Plane from the Ethereal Plane.
Ethereal Jaunt (Su): A phase spider can shift from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane as a free action, and shift back again as a move action (or as part of a move action). The ability is otherwise identical to ethereal jaunt(CL 15th)

Tauric Template: Savage Species
Human: Core Rulebook
Phase Spider: Bestiary
Ninja: Ultimate Combat

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
This is a really old thread. I can't believe I haven't done anything new in a while... :(

Actually, I have been working on some stuff recently, so I'm sure I'll try to add something new VERY soon.

If anyone has suggestions for new monsters or anything, let me know. I can always use additional ideas!

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Bloodied Snowman Template

This is just something I've been working on. It's not quite complete, it's not quite what I wanted yet, but I just wanted to get the idea down before I forgot. If anyone has suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

Bloodied Snowman (Hound Archon)
CR 5 XP 1,600
NE Large construct
Init -1; Senses darkvision 60ft, low-light vision; Perception -5
AC 14, touch 8, flat 14 [-1 dex, +6 nat, -1 size]
Hp 52 (4d10+30)
Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +0
Immune cold, construct traits; vulnerability fire
Speed 40ft, burrow through snow 40ft
Melee 2 slams +10 (1d8+9/19-20)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th)
Constant – detect evil, magic circle against evil
At Will – aid, continual flame, greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs), message
Str 22, Dex 8, Con -, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
Base Atk +4; CMB +11; CMD 20
Feats Ability Focus (Bonus), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (slam)
Skills Intimidate +5, Perception +4
Languages cannot speak, but understands common
SQ construct points (additional attack, additional movement, augmented critical. Faster, Improved attack, snow), change shape (beats shape II)

Murder happens. People die of painful deaths. Sometimes these murders are bloody messes. In some cases, the blood of magical creatures mixes with that of the snow in which the death occurred. The magical nature animates the snow, granting it a portion of the life force the creature had. This snow creature is Evil regardless of the alignment of the creature and desires either one of two things: vengeance upon the creature that killed or it becomes insane and desires solely to kill. It is said that a very rare few become Good and desire to protect people from suffering the same fate.

Bloodied Snowman is a template that can be added to any animated object. It is a unique template in that rather than applying the template to a creature, the creature is added to the template. Only creatures of magical nature can become bloodied snowmen, such as Aberration, Dragon, Fey, Magical Beast, Outsiders.

CR: Same as the Animated Object +1 (or +2 depending on the abilities)

Alignment: Changes to Evil (or, rarely, Good)

Special Qualities: The Animated Object gains all Supernatural Special Attacks and Special Qualities, assuming they are viable for the new form. The Bloodied Snowman has the following Construct Traits: Snow (fire vulnerability, no hardness, immune to cold). It cannot take Burn, Metal, Ranged Attack, Stone, Brittle, Cloth, Clunky or Flammable. It can take any other Construct Point abilities.

Abilities: The Animated Object has the following abilities: Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10 +1/2 Hit Die.

Skills: The Animate Object has max ranks in Intimidate and Perception, giving it total modifiers equal to Hit Die + Cha mod for Intimidate and Hit Die for Perception. The Animated Object cannot speak, but it understands all the languages of the creature.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases