Man on the Run OOC Thread

Animus

Explorer
Man on the Run

So Stormreach is the gateway to Xen'drik as they say, and you're here to explore. You have done your best to keep a low profile and not stir up trouble. So why is it that those thugs are eyeing you?

An Eberron one-shot, and possible mini-campaign.

- D&D 3.5 (Core Books, ECS, Player's Guide to Eberron, UA, Races and Complete Series, other Eberron content on a case by case basis)
- Point Buy system (32): No more than ONE (1) 18, before adjustments
- Starting Level 3: no races with LA greater than +1
- 3000 gp starting wealth (no item greater than ~1200 gp)
- Nonevil alignments
- Weapon groups
- Invisible Castle dice rolling
- DM updates Tu-Th-Sa by 11:59 pm EDT
- Final Characters subject to approval
- Rogue Gallery Thread is here for Man on the Run
- As a houserule, Spot and Listen are rolled into one skill (Notice), Hide and Move Silently as well (Stealth).
- There is no Open Lock skill, that will fall under Disable Device, because well, a lock is a device.
- I am using a revamped version of Diplomacy. See it here.
- HP above first is 1/2 hit die +1 (so 3 for d4, 4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12).
- I have changed the way XP works. See the attachment here.
- More details TBD.

Player Roster:
ByteRynn (Hoborne)
Bront (Shadow)
Andor (Aaron d'Tharashk)
Drowned Hero (Qualos)

Last edited:

ByteRynn

First Post
Well, I for one think it'd be really funny if we all put it into our histories to have someone or some group trying to hunt us down and kill us.

That way, noone knows WHO the "Man on the Run" is, and we all can be really dramatic when we think every bad-guy is coming after US.

Any takers?

an example:

"Wow, those guys are eyeing us...Dr. Wicked McNastypants has found me!"

"Who? I think they are working for my Evil Twin Destructinator!"

"You are both wrong! They are hired thugs of the Legion of Doom! My sworn enemies!"

"Um, guys? I think they just want our phat loots."

Bront

The man with the probe
Just checking in :)

I'll get to what we talked about in the e-mail tonight Animus. NLF should let me know tonight, so either he'll post in here, or he won't be.

Mathew Lankard

First Post
I've been doing some research for my background in the from of reading up in my Eberron books and wow, this setting kicks ass. I have some ideas so far but was wondering if there is anything we should be aiming for or specifics you'd like us to include.

Right now I'm planning on having my character be a Tairnadal from the Silaes Tairn on his way to Xen'drik to explore his heritage.

Animus

Explorer
Mathew Lankard said:
I've been doing some research for my background in the from of reading up in my Eberron books and wow, this setting kicks ass. I have some ideas so far but was wondering if there is anything we should be aiming for or specifics you'd like us to include.

Right now I'm planning on having my character be a Tairnadal from the Silaes Tairn on his way to Xen'drik to explore his heritage.

So long as you don't get outlandish with your background, I don't care. Somehow, you need to get to Stormreach, though.

Animus

Explorer
Guys,

A clarification, and edit (and if this complicates things, I apologize). I have decided that the XPH is kosher, as well as Complete Psionic. This will make some of you happy I know.

Animus

Explorer
Bront said:
How are you handeling weapon specific feats btw?

Per the weapon group prof rules, the feat applies to the group. I.e., Weapon Focus (heavy blades), as opposed to Weapon Focus (longsword).

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. Not that I plan on taking any, but still...

Hopefully Shadow should be kosher (I think I need to fix weapon stuff, but other than that).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases