Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: Works great for me . . . work is overloading me and I've likely got little time til after GenCon in August . . . I'll be here when you get back.

Keia

Rybaer

First Post
ooc - Just wanted to let you know that I'm still traveling right now. Rather than make a short post, I'll wait until I'm back home next week. The action should kick in pretty quickly at that point. Thanks for bearing with me.

Rybaer

First Post
The group navigates around so that they are all waiting in a stairwell just behind the door leading to the guarded lobby. Lawrence finagles the mechanism on the door so that it can be opened from inside the stairwell. With that complete, he transforms into a swarm of spiders and slips underneath the door.

Lawrence's swarm form is usually quite visible. By taking great care, however, he is able to slip along the edges of the door and between the ceiling tiles. The guard, who seems mostly intent upon the elevators, doesn't see him coming. In position, Lawrence drops onto the surprised guard.

Back in the stairwell, Soundtrack had been working hard to muffle his own natural soundtrack so as not to give away their position. He's not sure if he actually hears Lawrence attack the guard or if it's a cue in his soundtrack, but he is certain when the moment arrives to throw the door open. Reflexively, he cancels out the sound near the door across the lobby where the helpless guard is being neatly wrapped up in webbing by a thousand tiny spiders. Silently, the guard in cinched up and dropped in spot.

Once he's sure that the guard can't move or speak, Soundtrack allows sound to return to the room.

(ooc - Thanks for bearing with my traveling this summer. Now, back to the game!)

Velmont

First Post
Once the man is entangled, Lawrence make sure to neutralize the guard for a time, and start to poison him, more than once, to make sure the poison will paralyze him before he transform back into his human form. "He won't bother us anymore." he whispers to the group.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Prof. Fate, Unharmed, HP's: 5

Fate entered silently on the heels of the others. He nodded his thanks and appreciation to Lawrence for a job well done, including Soundtrack in his non-verbal praise as well. Mentally cueing up the floorplan, Fate motioned to the others, the likely point of more resistance and where the hostages could be. He waited on Kombat to offer up the next task.

Mimic

First Post
Velmont said:
Once the man is entangled, Lawrence make sure to neutralize the guard for a time, and start to poison him, more than once, to make sure the poison will paralyze him before he transform back into his human form. "He won't bother us anymore." he whispers to the group.

"Ya'know I have been in a lot of hot zones all over the world and I have seen some damn odd things, but that," he says pointing his thumb at the caccooned man. "Is down right creepy but you can't argue with results."

Velmont

First Post
"Don't talk about creeping things... I just start to feel at ease with that myself. If it weren't for Gus, I..." Thomas can hear that some emotions stuck in the kid's throat. Lawrence quickly close his eyes and turn around, trying to hide his reaction. "Let's concentrate on that."

Mimic

First Post
Velmont said:
"Don't talk about creeping things... I just start to feel at ease with that myself. If it weren't for Gus, I..." Thomas can hear that some emotions stuck in the kid's throat. Lawrence quickly close his eyes and turn around, trying to hide his reaction. "Let's concentrate on that."

"Hey kid, don't let it bother you," Granite says laying a stony hand carefully on his shoulder. "Your looking at a guy that is made completely out of stone, how weird is that? You just can't let it get to you." He tells the young man in a rare attempt at empathy.

Velmont

First Post
"Yeah... But people are more scared of spider than stones..." he tells to himself as he slowly approach the door guarded by the man and try to listen to what behind it. "Soundtrack, please muffle your music..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases