Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

Velmont

First Post
"Now, that's the kind of work I prefer. Who gives me a ride?" asks Lawrence but he is interrupt by Soundtrack. "We could discuss all that on the way with the cells, no?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate looked for a computer to pull up the information that Soundtrack requested, but remained silent, allowing the others to field their questions.

Rybaer

First Post
cuervo96 said:
"What do we have in the way of a civilian presence? What other businesses or shops or companies or whatever are on the nearby floors of the Watchtower?"

The dispatch officer waffles for a minute, leafing through a stack of papers.

"Uh, you know, I don't seem to have that information handy," he says. "We only think their target is the diamond exchange because it was their security alarm that went off. I can try to dig up the infomation for you if you'd like, but it'll take a while.

Fate, meanwhile, has managed to quick boot one of the room's networked computers and effortlessly tracked down the Watchtower's directory on-line. He does a quick scan through the list, memorizing the names of the businesses and their floor locations. He also memorizes the crude map. It appears that most of the businesses are white collar - lawyers, architects, consultants, financial, advertising agencies, and so on. Many of the names are unfamiliar and/or non-descriptive. Several of the upper floors appear to be residential.

In addition to personal vehicles, the team does have two brand new SUV's at its disposal (for official business) - waiting in the garage. They're black, of course.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate (HP: 5), Sport Coat and tie ensemble

Not wanting to embarass the officer, Fate kept the information he had determined to himself for the moment. With a few words of power, Fate changed fully into his uniform, then addressed the officer. "That would be helpful, officer," Fate offered, "and any other information you may determine, feel free to contact us enroute."

Turning to the rest of his team, Fate offered, "So, who wants to drive one of the team's SUV's?" Loooking to the Russian, Fate smiled and asked, "I don't believe this small amount of time will keep you from your investigation, good sir. Would you like to come along and help out? Who knows, the incident may be related."

hero4hire

Explorer
Keia said:
Loooking to the Russian, Fate smiled and asked, "I don't believe this small amount of time will keep you from your investigation, good sir. Would you like to come along and help out? Who knows, the incident may be related."

Danko stood staring stone-faced at Fate for several moments. What, if anything he was thinking was inscutable. Finally he answered; "Da! You are helping me...So I am helping you!"

Rybaer

First Post
The dispatch officer agrees to forward along any further information by cell phone.

“I’ll drive,” Soundtrack offers. “Want to just take one or both?” The SUV’s are plenty big to seat the team plus Danko.

The FBI agent looks a little dubious about Ivan tagging along with the team to situation. “We can try to resume this line of discussion tomorrow,” he says, packing up his laptop. “Good luck with your job tonight. Mr. Danko.” He nods politely at the Russian, then to the rest of the team before departing.

Velmont

First Post
"I thought it should go faster with Granite ability to jump or Fate's ability to fly... but if we take a SUV, I suggest I drive. After all, I'm the best driver, I have the best reflexes. It's just I hope there is not too much traffic. At worst, Fate and Granite will go over it and analyze teh situation with the others. I'll got get the SUV, if you have something left to prepare, I'll be waiting for you at the door." on that Lawrence leaves the room to get a SUV.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
After Lawrence left, Fate offered, "This will give us a chance to familiarize ourselves with the situation and each of our capabilities. I would suggest that we all ride together for that reason."

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
After Lawrence left, Fate offered, "This will give us a chance to familiarize ourselves with the situation and each of our capabilities. I would suggest that we all ride together for that reason."

"Sounds fine," Soundtrack says to Fate.

"So, is the kid really that good, or does he have an overconfidence issue?" Soundtrack says. His tone suggests that he's more amused than anything. "For someone who's never seen me drive...well, I'm just sayin'... Especially after just asking who would give him a ride."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Rybaer said:
"Especially after just asking who would give him a ride."
Note fair! I didn't knew we had SUV at that time... anyway, I was more thinking using others movement power to reach it faster than a car could do. The 'ride' was just the general idea.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads