Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

Rybaer

First Post
(ooc - Will be away from the computer until next Tuesday. Feel free to decide how you want to approach...from above, below, or straight through the windows. The windows are mirror-tinted and difficult to see through, even at night. About 80% are dark, but there are enough lit ones that you could probably find a clear room to enter through if you wish.)

Rybaer

First Post
Fate casts his spell, granting everyone the ability to fly, though with the admission that it won't last too long. The group begins to ascend up the side of the building, staying close to the structure so as to make it difficult for anyone inside to see their approach. Fate is silently counting the levels on their way up to make sure they go in where they intend.

"So, I can muffle the sound of us breaking through a window pretty well," Soundtrack says. "Does someone want the honor of doing the window removal?"

(ooc - Apologies for the delay. I'm back at a computer again for a couple weeks before I go on my next trip. Please try to make a decision on which floor you'd actually like to break in to.)

Rybaer

First Post
Everyone hovers just outside the 43rd floor of the Watchtower. Soundtrack tunes himself into the ambient sound and then creates the complex waves of destructive interference to make the immediate area go almost completely silent. Granite pries his fingers into the frame of one of the windows and is able to quickly work the pane loose - without shattering it and sending dangerous shard raining onto the cops and bystanders below. He rotates the glass and props it against a wall on the room inside the building.

The room the group enters is a conference room, elegantely appointed and bearing a corporate logo on one wall. No one recognizes the name, but it sounds like a law, advertising, or consulting type of place. There is no one around and, once Soundtrack re-enables sound, it is quiet.

Outside the conference room is a hall linking a series of offices, smaller conference rooms, and a break room. It is entirely vacant of people. Laurence unlocks the reception lobby's main door and finds a foyer with elevators and a door marked stairway beyond.

"Well, stairs or elevator?" Soundtrack asks.

Velmont

First Post
"Elevator, but we don't need to wait for a lift. I'll just go take a quick look to see if the way is clear. Wait for me a minute" Lawrence transform into a swarm of spider and try to squeeze into the elevator shaft and climb teh wall to reach the 46th. from there, he will squeeze again to try to see what is on the other side of the elevator door.

Rybaer

First Post
The seal on the elevator doors is too tight for his swarm form to squeeze through. There is a very tiny gap at the top of the doors, however, that is just wide enough to allow one spider through at a time. The swarm seeps through, like a cloud of greasy smoke filmed in reverse.

Laurence scales the interior of the elevator shaft the three remaining floors and finds the same narrow gap at the top of the elevator's doors. One spide pokes through and peers around the lobby. There are two doors, one in either direction from the elevators. The door on the left is unmarked. The door to the right has the logo of the diamond exchange, and the door is cracked open. A man garbed in black fatigues, complete with a black cap and dark sunglasses, is watching the lobby. He's got a peculiar gun in his hands, about the size of a sub-machine gun, but of a design unlike anything he's seen before.

The man does not appear to notice Laurence's one spider peeking in through the gap. Laurence does hear some other noise coming from somewhere in the distance on this level. Power tools, perhaps?

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence come back to the 43th floor. He then report what he has seen. "What do you think. They seems equiped with some prototype. It doesn't seem like normal goons of an organized crime."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate (HP:5) In uniform, no active powers

"The weapons are likely of some design to give us some problems, so destroying them would be a priority," Fate offered. "Did you notice if someone was also watching the stairs?"

Velmont

First Post
"I've remark nothing else." answers Lawrence.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Did I saw the door to teh stair?

By the way, we have only 1 HP at the start of the adventure. It is up to Rybear to reward us with HP.[/SBLOCK]

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]Did I saw the door to teh stair?

[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]

The man you saw would have a view of both the elevators (4 of them) as well as the stairwell door. Fate knows, however, that there are four other stairwells throughout the building near each outside corner. These are likely emergency exits (locked from the inside except at ground level).

Oh...and Fate has 4 ranks for luck, for 5 starting HP's. He needs them, too, the way he chews through variations on his core spells. :)

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases