The Blue & The Grey (Cupid & Psycho)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
kirinke - Adrianna Shannan
Barak - Mac McDowell

The LAPD Metro office is close by; you actually can walk there. Since it is a public record, the two of you have no trouble getting a look at the post mortem investigation report:

Michelle Dowling dod January 15th, late pm (cf Coroner's rpt Kafesjian Mark). Cause of death asphyxiation. Body found in a rubbish bin 1/18 behind a line of stores on Vermont Avenue by an employee of a clothing store. ID confirmed with fingerprints. No relatives in the area. Last known address 1318 Tularosa Drive. Most recently employed as a waitress, Hideaway Lounge on Pico. Initial investigation by Tpr. Daniel Rypien. Last seen at 347 Woodruff Ave, Westwood 1/18 approx 7:00 pm.

Other than an attached impound report (which states that Dowling's car was found abandoned on February 19 at the corner of Olive and West 3rd Street. There were no keys in the car or on her person and the car is currently at the LAPD impound lot), that's pretty much all that's here. The brevity of the report seems odd to you both, particularly since it appears there doesn't seem to be any work done since the victim was found and IDed. The case must still be considered open, yet a detective has not been assigned to the case.

[If either of you are the starstruck type, you can make a Knowledge: Pop Culture check for some additional information].

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
For some weird reason, I didn't put any ranks in popular culture. I guess Shannan isn't all that interested in the hip and now scene. That will change when she levels. ;)

IC:
"Ryan, is this strange to you? I'm not real familar with LA police proceedures, but back in New York, they'd immediately assign a homicide cop to this."

Barak

First Post
"Ah daresay you be correct, ma'am, that is rather odd. Then again, we be dealin' with a werewolf-type case, right?"

Mac winks at Adrianna with that last comment, a small smirk on his lips.

"Awright then. Let us see if we can get some answers then, Texas-style."

Mac then waves at the clerk who gave them the file to come see him again.

"Naw a thousands pardons fo' botherin' ya, but would there be anyway to talk to police officer Rypien? I do believe he works for you folks."

OOC:
Knowledge (pop culture): 11

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
wonder what the reference to the cupid and psycho means. :)
skills
[sblock]
Bluff 4 + 3 = 7
Diplomancy 4 + 7 = 8
Gather Information 4 + 7 = 8
Decipher script 4 + 1 = 5
Investigate 4 + 1 = 5
Knowledge business 4 + 1 = 5
Knowledge current events 4 + 1 = 5
Knowledge history 4 + 1 = 5
Streetwise 4 + 1 = 5
Tactics 4 + 1 = 5 [/sblock]

IC
Shannan grins. "Were-wolves in the city? Think they'd like the boonies better."

kirinke

First Post
"Hi Mr. Rypien Thanks for seeing us. This report seems a bit sparse you know?" Shannan said brightly, after the howdoyoudo's were out of the way. "If you could, fill in some details, my partner and I would be very grateful." she perused it. "Where there any crime scene photo's taken of the body and did the victim have anyone close to her we could talk to? Friends, boyfriend, that sort of thing?" she asked, looking at Ryan to pick up her leading thread. She knew in this game, cops could smell another cop a mile away, just like they could pick out a reporter at thirty paces in a crowded subway.

Barak

First Post
Mac nods as Shannan talks, offering his support. Then he picks up where she leaves off.

"Aye son.. Basically, looks to me like, for some reason, the homicide dicks dropped this one like a hot potato in june, ya know? Now, we can see ya did ya job an' all, but we were wonderin' if ya seen anythin' on da scene that was not put in the report 'cause it seemed stupid, but that may explain why this was dropped? On the QT."

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Daniel Rypien

"Look, I did what I was asked to do. I was first on the scene, so I filed the report. I don't know why it sat after that. All I can guess is that the brass doesn't think we have a psycho on the loose. If you have specific questions, you might be better off asking the coroner.

What's the Bureau's interest in this gal, anyway?"

Barak

First Post
Mac shrugs and sighs.

"Ya know how it is, son. The boss says 'go look at that!', and ya go and ya look. Naw the only name in the file was your own, so we figured we'd get the info from the one most likely to know anything odd, ya know? We ain't been wanting to talk to ya 'cause we thought you messed up, but because we had been thinkin' you'd have been da one less likely to mess up. So who's head of homicide in this here joint?"

kirinke

First Post
"Exactly, just looked odd you know? And the boss likes us to poke our noses in odd things." Shannan added helpfully.

ooc:
This guy is probly thinking we're columbo and barney fife in that order. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases