Adventures in Cormyr - The Doorway from Everywhere.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
After completing your examination of the tree house you bundle up your possessions and create a litter to carry your fallen companion, with Leonara and Stalker in the lead you head back towards Eveningstar following a faint trail that leads in that direction.

After an hour and a half of walking you emerge from the trail and reconnect with the main roadway between Eveningstar and Arabel, another thirty minutes of walking finds you within sight of the beautiful town of Eveningstar, playfully flying above the town a pair of young winged Tesseril engage in mock combat, while the sun begins it's stately march behind Eveningstar gorge.

Approaching the gates you're greeted by the familiar sights of the bustling town, the guards upon seeing you stare solemnly at the litter you're carrying, as you approach one of the guards steps forwards to speak to you "Captain Stern needs to speak with you straight away, I'll make sure your fallen friend is conducted to the Temple of Lathander, if you like"

In a dazed state you nod your acceptance and wearily heads towards the guards barracks to speak to Captain Stern, ushered into his office Captain Stern greets you warmly, his quick brown eyes flicker and note the absence of your companion Thyrd, as you enter you note the presence of a human male who appears to be in his early thirties, marks of a hard life are etched into his green eyes and show in the streaks of white in the strangers red hair and goatee, the man who Captain Stern introduces as Vardin is dressed as a common traveller and wears a well made rapier with familiarity at his side.

Motioning you all to take a seat Captain Stern looks at you appraisingly "Vardin is here on the crowns business to speak to you, but before we get into that, what happened to Thyrd and did you manage to deal with the bandits"

Stonegod Only[sblock]
Even though you were refused entrance into the War Wizards, you are still seen as being too valuable a resources to throw away, but as most others refuse to work with you (due to Vardin's strangeness), and as Vardin prefers to work outside the ususal chain of command of the army, Vardin is sent on missions by the crown usually by himself but sometimes with others.

You have been sent by Lord Falzo Hawklin to find a group of adventurers to deal with a problem near Tilverton (aka the Black Crater), all you know is that bandits have been spotted within the stonelands, the crown has a large force of Purple Dragon's and War Wizards investigating and protecting the Black Crater, but due to the recent war, the crowns resources are stretched to the breaking point.

You have been a given a list of known adventurers in and around Arabel, you were sent to Eveningstar to track down the closest group of adventurers mentioned on the list, the aid of these adventurers is urgently required and you have been given a writ which allows you to requisition basic items (including horses) on behalf of the crown.

You have worked for Lord Hawklin in the past and know him to be a fair generous man, a tough fighter and a great tactician[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Leonara

“Yes, overall we were successful. The bandits turned out to be harpies, and their magical song lured many of us into a death trap. Thankfully, Nira and Thodan had means to stop the entrancing magic to affect us, but still the winged horrors managed to fell Thyrd this way, slain while he was unable to defend himself. Most of them are dead now, only two could flee. The people who were with the wagons they had stolen are all dead as well, unfortunately; we came too late to have any hope of saving them.”

Rhun

First Post
Thodan

"Indeed, Leonara speaks the truth. The harpies will not be plaguing the trade routes, again, though."

OOC to LR: I believe they are Tressym playing in the air, not Tesseril. Tesseril is the Lord of Eveningstar. :-D

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nira Cydatell

Nira's elven-like cheeks blush with embarresment and she attempts to hide her eyes from under her brow as Leonara's mentions her contributions to past battle. "I did what I can..." is all that she can manage to say. Her mind drifts to their fallen compainion for only a moment. Forever good deed done, there is an equal an vile deed reaction. Such is the way of the balance, the way of the universe. Such a horrible thing sometimes...

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"The only thing we seem successful in is coming home and haveing our friends die. The villians were vanquished but our friends are too high a cost," Jack says in a moment of deep insight. "But looking on the bright side, I am not dead...yet," Jack says with a chuckle.

Rhun

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
"The only thing we seem successful in is coming home and haveing our friends die. The villians were vanquished but our friends are too high a cost,"

Thodan cocks his head at Jack's words. "No, my friend. Do not think of it as too high of cost. Our dead friends are heroes, and it is the duty of heroes to give their lives for the greater good. They died protecting those weaker than themselves, and will live on in our hearts, our songs and our prayers." The cleric slaps Jack hearily on the shoulder, and offers him his characteristic grim smile.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
At mention of fallen comrades Captain Stern eyes takes on a misty quality, clearing his throat he looks at you all again "Many lives have been lost in Cormyr's struggle to free itself from the invaders, and many more will be lost as we continue to strengthen Cormyr's borders and remove the last traces of the invasion."

"I truly thank you for your efforts to make Cormyr a safe place to live again, it's brave men and woman like yourselves that makes this country great."

"Thodan has the right of it, though we grieve that those close to us have lost their lives, let us remember that they died as heroes, they died for those who aren't strong enough to protect themselves, they died for strangers who may never know of their loss, they died knowing that they had done everything within their power to make the world a better place."

With tears openly running down his cheeks as he remembers those that he has lost Captain Stern look upon you all with a renewed look of determination "Grieve not at your loss, instead rejoice that you had the chance to share your life with true heroes, use their memory to spur yourselves onwards from this day, carry their memory with you in your heart forever, until you're once again reunited" speaking in barely a whisper "I know I do"

Wiping the tears from his eyes Captain Stern gives an embarrassed chuckle and looks away from you all to regain his composure "Vardrin, I believe you wanted to say a few words to these fine men and women"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Lord_Raven88 said:
"Vardrin, I believe you wanted to say a few words to these fine men and women?"
The middle-aged man nods his head, then turns to the group. "First, let me say that I regret your loss. Cormyr will honor the memory of all the fallen dead." Having said his peace, Vardrin quickly moves onto business. "Indeed, Cormyr will remember all that do services for her, and today, you have the opprotunity to do so again. The crown has authorized me to secure the services of your group for a needed task near the remains of Tilverton."

Vardrin stands and begins pacing about the room as he talks, almost as if he is talking to himself. "Normally, the Purple Knights and War Wizards would deal with the issue---a plague of banditry in the Stonelands---but, as you know, they have their hands full with determining Tilverton's fate. Thus, the crown must use other means---you and I---for this effort." He shakes a paper he holds in his hands. "I have it on the Crown's authority to obtain items necissary for this mission, and I will answer any and all questions you have before we proceed." Pacing finished, he leans against the table, looking at you all. "The Crown needs you. What do you say?"

Rhun

First Post
Thodan

Of course we shall assist Cormyr in this endeavor," says Thodan, appraising Vardrin with a keen eye. "What else do you know of the nature of these bandits? And of their location? The Stonelands are not easily navigated, and are full of hiding places for a band of cunning brigands."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases