Adventures in Cormyr - The Doorway from Everywhere.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
OOC: They're on a hill amongst many hills and gullys, so if you could lure them away from the ruins you'd be able to easily find an ambush site, also be aware since you're a mile away from the ruins and it is a cludy dark night, you can no longer see the ruins or the Orcs, this of course works in your favour, as you'll only be noticed if you make a lot of noise, or when you get within range of their darkvision.

Also although the sky is cloudy you can see still see about 30' in front of you (shadowy illumination), unless you have low light vision or darkvision of course.

Rhun

First Post
Thodan

Thodan considers the terrain and the night sky carefully for several minutes before turning back to his companions. "Tempus smiles upon us, for the conditions for a surprise attack are in our favor this night. If we could lure away a guard or two and eliminate them quietly, perhaps one of our archers could silence the third without raising the alarm." The cleric goes into silent thought for a few moments before continuing. "If I had thought ahead, I could have prayed to Tempus for a spell that would allow me to silence the area that the orcs guard. We could postpone our attack until tomorrow, so that I can ask the Lord of Battles to grant me this power."

Thanee

First Post
Leonara

“I'm reasonably sure, that I can kill an orc guard with one arrow, if I can see him and have a little time to prepare. If we have some magic to prevent them from sounding an alarm, we might even be able to catch all three of them, if we act quick.”

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Silence would be the best option, though we would have to wait until daylight again, potentially nullifying that advantage. I have some magic that can target anything within, say, 600 or so feet, but I wouldn't be able to see that far at night."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Jack sits down and begins drawing. "Well here is what we saw."

"Sure we could take them out one at a time working through the darkness, but as it stands lighting is bad and we are fighting against Orcs. Orcs have a huge advantage at night. The whole seeing in the dark thing really helps them. Thodan or Vardrin if there was a way to give some of us the ability to see in the dark, we could then mount an effective ambush at night. As it stands," Jack's map now complete he begins pointing to different areas, "These are the blind spots in their guard posts. I vote we wait I want to see, guard rotations and what they do during day time. We could even harass them a little bit. Attack them from a distance to alarm them, so as to see what they do so we would know what to stop."

Jack pauses a second, "I want to wait till morning then harass, maybe even kill, a few of the guards. Nothing better than an enemy that doesn't know where it is coming from," Jack says the final bit with a smile. He then sits back to admire his work.

OOC: I am just looking at it as a military scout would or as best I can. I think a day ambush would be a great advantage but a night assualt has its advantages.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Best I can do is provide some light, but I do not even have that prepared currently. Perhaps Nira or Chik? Otherwise, early morning may be our best option."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nira Cydatell

A small hymn escapes from her lips as she ponders the situation. "Yes, summoning a small source of light is within my capability." She says as she stares off into the distance. Looking back to her fellow companions she quickly adds on, "I can also command some of the local plant life to help entangle our adversaries, or perhaps I can fascinate the brutes with a small tune…?”

Rhun

First Post
Thodan

Thodan listens carefully to his companions. "If we are going to do this now, quickly and quietly is certainly the best option. Should we give these guards the chance to raise the alarm, there is no telling what we will face."

Remove ads