A note on descriptions

Keon

First Post
*watches all the brand new players run screaming from all the arguments and fighting*
Ok, I realize by now that mostly EVERYONE has read Nic's poem, 'The reason'. But I can image the thoughts running through the new player's head's when they read mainly every post and see arguments about the settings, the rules, whats not allowed, blah blah blah...same old bickering that has been circulating around these boards for ever. I mean, if I was a new player, I would be thinking .O( wow...these people can't take what they have for granted and have fun with it...I think I'll find somewhere else to rp at.) I know ppl have been telling everyone else this for days on end now but I don't think most of us are grasping the fact that this site was supposed to be fun...and only a small ammount of the active rp'ers are enjoying this to it's full potential, and I for one am not one of them. My reason, because everyone seems to not like what they have. Think on this for a second: The magi's just basicly get feed up with all the complaints about this near perfect site and pull the plug. You know, you're just sitting there and BAM!!, you've lost enworld. That's it, no more. I mean, you don't like the way it runs so would it really matter to you? Mull that over, maybe it will help those of you that seem to have a problem with accepting what you have and also accepting that what you have can dissapear if you don't take advantage of it.

fowai_uss

First Post
Ok, so first off, I would like to point out that I know that this is a rather old thread. I would next like to point out that after taking the time to read every single reply along this thread (and that's a lot, considering their length and the fact I was doing this from around 3-4am) I felt like adding my tidbit to this once heated discussion. Thanriyon, to you I give oober kudos...don't quite know what oober kudos are....but I give them to you. Now, on all this business about complaining about setting rules, I say...GROW UP! I mean, I am a childish person myself most of the time, and if I think you're acting childish, that's saying something. Also, I would like to go ahead and apologize for any and all indiscretions I have or may have committed that opposed set CoC. Now, I know good and well that I have bent at least a few rules throughout my gameplay in the ISRP, but I hope the Magis acknowledge that they were done in innocence and ignorance, and they caused no major problems (though I know that said reasonings are no excuse). And, due to the fact that Fowai is still allowed to frequent the Tavern and other such areas, I take it that my rule-bendings were minor offenses that didn't warrant Magi-involvement. So, now that I've put in my thoughts on that, I would like to say that I am VERY ignorant of the ways of Greyhawk and invite anyone and everyone to point certain things out to me as they are observed if they oppose or outright break afore mentioned Greyhawk Setting CoC (i.e. CRT CoC). I'm not one to throw a hissy fit if I don't get my way...well...I kinda am...but I usually get over it quickly and that has really nothing to do with what I'm trying to say. In conclusion, I would just like to thank the Magis for their continued effort in keeping the ISRP alive and well. I was introduced (more like stumbled upon) the ISRP experience in the later days of the WotC phase of ISRP. I had just become hooked and excited that I had a regular output for all my RP-ing desires when I found out that we were being evicited. Thanks to some in-game friends with whom I had grown a bit close to, I was able to tag along for the UH move...and thanks to same friends, I was able to follow the trail after the EW move. I, unfortunately, have lost touch with said friends (DARN YOU WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND YOUR ALLURING ADDICITIVE-NESS!) but I would like to thank them all the same. I appreciate the time that the Magis take out of their daily lives to ensure that we RP-fanatics (not that we are RP-fanatics, or that I myself am one :uhoh: ) have a place to RP. I personally consider the Magis my friends, though we're not close in any sense of the word and we hardly interact whatsoever. But, I'm a friendly sort of person that views everyone as a friend until they give me reason to treat them otherwise. So, now that I've thrown in my two cents (and more) worth of opinion, I would like to end this current post with this last statement...FOWAI ROCKS SOCKS AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS!...why do I get the feeling that someone will make a 'somewhat witty / somewhat insulting / somewhat funny' comment related to the 'FOWAI ROCKS SOCKS' statement?...

Uses Fowai's magic to bake a monster cookie for the Magis...which inadvertantly animates and begins terrorizing the town as it attempts to eat citizens before they all turn the tables and eat it. "Uh...how about I just buy you guys some cookies instead?..."

James V

First Post
Mmm its almost like we're arguing over characters we can play and such. Perhaps we should have a thread with what characters are allowed where with special features, IE horns, scales, tails, and why they aren't allowed in the CRT with atleast a few paragraphs explaining in detail the enviroment so people will be aware. This should go for each room I dunno I just think maybe it'll help clarify it up seeing as I've seen so many friggen succubus, demon breeds, ect showing off what they are in the tavern recently.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
James V said:
Mmm its almost like we're arguing over characters we can play and such. Perhaps we should have a thread with what characters are allowed where with special features, IE horns, scales, tails, and why they aren't allowed in the CRT with atleast a few paragraphs explaining in detail the enviroment so people will be aware. This should go for each room I dunno I just think maybe it'll help clarify it up seeing as I've seen so many friggen succubus, demon breeds, ect showing off what they are in the tavern recently.
Look up at the top of the page. Under the "Role" in "Interactive Story RolePlaying" you'll see a menu item called "Settings". Click on that and then click on "CrossRoads Tavern." Voila!

(I wish all questions were so easily answered! Which reminds me, I need to update the Great Bazaar page to add info about the Cage. Feh on me.)

James V

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
Look up at the top of the page. Under the "Role" in "Interactive Story RolePlaying" you'll see a menu item called "Settings". Click on that and then click on "CrossRoads Tavern." Voila!

(I wish all questions were so easily answered! Which reminds me, I need to update the Great Bazaar page to add info about the Cage. Feh on me.)

If i'm a new player though, coming to the site and wondering maybe we could place it some where, with access to it. I know where it is :p I'm refering to the newer players who come in and do these things. Some people don't know Oerth, or Sigil settings (sp on those :p to lazy to check them up) Its all I'm saying ^^

Remove ads