• Phanaton, Jibar˙ - Magical Beast
  • Plant, Fungus Vermeil - Plant
  • Spirit, Wallaran, Kangaroo - Outsider
  • Spirit, Wallaran, Koala - Outsider
  • Spirit, Wallaran, Kookaburra - Outsider

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
shoot - you think that'd bad, wait until you get to the pre-2E mystara stuff!!!

there is a thread on the WotC boards where people have been working dilligently for many months on converting all the old OD&D/Mystara creatures... and i wouldn't be surprised if they are far from finished!

Mortis

First Post
BOZ said:
there is a thread on the WotC boards where people have been working dilligently for many months on converting all the old OD&D/Mystara creatures... and i wouldn't be surprised if they are far from finished!
There's still a few to do but thanks to Jamie a great deal have been converted. The thread's here or you can visit Pandius here for just the conversions plus a few other things.

Or to give myself a plug this or this

Regards
Mortis

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Hey Mortis, thanks for those suggestions. I already have your Consolidated Creature Conversion Index bookmarked. It has been a very useful resource in my (on-going and never-ending) efforts to index every D&D creature ever published :).

I did check the list in the first post against the converted creatures available on the Vaults of Pandius. But I haven't yet removed any of the creatures that have only been published on the WotC messageboard thread. The recent ENWorld crash makes me think that it might be a bad plan to rely on the permanence of messageboards... I will update the list as the conversions are given a more permanent home in the Vaults.

If you spot anything in the list above that is already in the Vaults and that I've somehow missed, please let me know.

Mortis

First Post
Echohawk said:
If you spot anything in the list above that is already in the Vaults and that I've somehow missed, please let me know.
Gargantua Template
Gargantuan Troll
Gargantuan Carrion Crawler
Golem, Amber
Golem, Iron Gargoyle
Golem, Skeletal
Golem, Rock
Golem, Silver
Grey Philosopher
Giant, Hephaeston

There are 3.0 conversions of the Cold-, Man- and Wooddrake here.

The Elementals of Chaos and Law have been converted on WotC's Planescape board, there are links in my Creature Index. :)

I think that's pretty much it at the moment, but I'm bound to have forgotten one or two (or three or four...). ;)

Regards
Mortis

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Brilliant, thanks for that. I somehow managed to mistype that entire block of 'G' creatures when indexing Pandius, which I've now fixed. I've also removed the three drakes that appear on The Lighthouse forums.

I'm going to leave the Elementals of Chaos and Law on the list for the moment, but hopefully they will end up archived either in the Vaults of Pandius, or over at Planewalker.com, at which point I'll delete them. Please let me know if you spot any other mistakes.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Echohawk -

Have you by any chance been keeping a separate tally of unconverted creatures not updated by WotC? I'm just curious in the actual number that haven't seen the light of day in official books, magazines, and WotC's web site.

Keep up the great work!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Yes. I'm generating these lists while I add all the creatures from pre-3rd Edition sources to my D&D creature index. Since the spreadsheet has a column for the "canon" rating of each source, it should be pretty straightforward to eliminate any unofficial conversions from the overall stats.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Coolness. I'm just curious (mostly for when I bemoan the MMIV's probable collection of about 4 conversions :\ ).

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
I believe that krolli are in the Creature Catalog. The ferrous giant from Tome of Horrors 2 is a lot like the hephaeston. There's a giant tuatara in Tome of Horrors 3 (These conversions aren't official but neither is Planewalker and some of the other sites you're counting.)

Last edited:

Remove ads