Bargle Beyond the Red Box

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
The introduction adventure of the old Red Box edition of D&D featured the evil wizard Bargle as the first archvillian. Anybody know if he's ever reapeared beyond that product?

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
MatthewJHanson said:
The introduction adventure of the old Red Box edition of D&D featured the evil wizard Bargle as the first archvillian. Anybody know if he's ever reapeared beyond that product?

He's in Poor Wizard's Almanac II. He was the court mage of Baron Ludwig von Hendriks, baron of the Black Eagle Barony in Karameikos, Mystara. He is listed as a level 28 magic user, whereabouts unknown.

I think he shows up in other modules for Mystara as well, but don't remember where to start to look beyong the Poor Wizard's Almanac.

/M

erian_7

First Post
Bargle appears in the D&D Gazetteer product The Grand Duchy of Karameikos, and in the later AD&D product Karameikos - Kingdom of Adventure. And he appears in just about every Mystara game that I run as a major background villain (no party has ever gotten powerful enough to face him...)!

Man-thing

First Post
He also had a number of magic items as well.

I think there was a cursed "Bargle's Coin" that he put in his treasure. If you took it you would not pick up any other treasure.

Delta

First Post
I'm pretty sure he was in the excellent module X10: Red Arrow, Black Shield (again as high-level court and battlefield wizard for Baron von Hendriks).

Arrgh! Mark!

First Post
He recently turned up as a wizard of some power in a forgotten realms campaign, attempting to retake his dungeon from the gobln. A hot fallen cleric was seen nearby...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases