You are in charge of what WOTC puts out for DnD.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Ok, you are in charge for the next two years of putting out DnD produts. What will you have put out in that time? The only rules are ignore novels and no new edition.

heirodule

First Post
Complete Diplomat, my WotC version of Dynasties and Demagoges, with rules for political campaigns and more detail to for interpersonal interaction and conflict.

A web enhancement for Fiendish Codex I that includes new thrall PrCs

Another Huge D&D minis set that includes an Aboleth.

Inexpensive mini terrain in a premium module format.

Yeah, greyhawk hardback with PrCs (Old Lore Bards, Old Faith Druids, Silent Ones, various orders of Knights) and cool character usable stuff. Revised campaign setting too

I'll think of some more later

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
I'd get as much of Eberron covered as I could, which is to say that in addition to everything that's already on the schedule (Faiths of Eberron, Secrets of Xen'drik, Secrets of Sarlona, Dragonmarked), there'd be region sourcebooks for most of the rest of the world, and Flamekeep: Citadel of the Silver Flame (because I'd like to see a city sourcebook for something other than the cosmopolitan everything-can-be-found-here city like Greyhawk or Waterdeep), and I guess the token moster book because lots of people like them even though I'm not too interested in them.

I'd release an FR book every quarter or so just to keep FR fans from thinking Eberron's getting all the love.

Otherwise, I'd continue with what they're doing. More Complete books (though for smaller niches with the second round that started with Psionic, Mage, and Scoundrel). More campaign theme-type Heroes of books (Heroes of Intrigue seems like it should be the next one). More environment books. More specific moster books, as they've gone over well (dragons, aberrations, undead, and demons have been done, but there's more to work with). And the occasional adventure, because almost no one else is doing it.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
So many options...

Fiendish Codex III: Mercenaries of the Waste - A detailed guide to the yugoloths, gehreleths, hordelings, night hags and other miscellaneous NE evil outsiders that have been left by the wayside in 3e, giving their histories, physiologies, leaders and stats for them that don't suck (finally!)

Heroes of Crime - Covering how to run a criminal-themed campaign, with ideas for running heists, cons, organized crime, vigilanteism, and even detective games for a taste of how the other side works. In the style of Heroes of Battle and Heroes of Horror, with a few PrCs, organizations, feats, spells and monsters being thrown in, but not the primary focus of the book.

The Age of Worms Adventure Path Hardcover - Or rather, I'd give Paizo Publishing the license to do it.

Complete Psionic 2: The Psionicing - Psionics desperately need more support, and Complete Psionic was not really what we needed.

Complete Stand-Alone Systems - Similar in theme to Complete Psionic, this book would throw a bone to everyone who loved incarnum (I know you're out there somewhere), binding, shadowcasting and truenames. Features a truename DC system that doesn't suck!

Also, in terms of miscellaneous decisions, I'd cull the needless fluff from PrC writeups and use the correct (read - 3.5 MM) statblock for monster entries (the DMG 2 block can remain in use for NPCs and templated examples).

Demiurge out.

Turanil

First Post
-- New printing of the 3.5 rules with new art (no dungeonpunk art needless to say).
-- An interactive CD with all the rules, and classes can be printed, so DM chooses what he will put in his campaign or not, but doesn't need tons of books.

Nathan P. Mahney

First Post
I'd continue with the D&D Minis line, as well as support for Eberron and the Forgotten Realms.

The constant stream of splatbooks would come to an end - I'd cut it back to a few a year, and release more adventures. There would definitely be a 3.5 update of the all-time classic modules, like Tomb of Horrors, Ravenloft, etc.

A single Greyhawk campaign setting book. Just one, to flesh out the setting basics in more detail than the Gazetteer.

A big Planescape sourcebook detailing Sigil.

3.5 Updates for Encyclopedia Magica, and the Wizard and Priest Spell Compendium.

I doubt it's a plan that makes good business sense, but it's what I'd do.

Oh! And if possible, I'd poach the Castle Zagyg project from Troll Lords, and do it with the proper D&D intellectual property in place. With rules for 1e as well as 3e in place! In fact, I'd really be trying to get as much material from Gary as possible.

Last edited:

Pozatronic

First Post
A nice, big, beautiful FR book detailing all the "other" settings located on Toril: Kara-Tur, Horde Lands, Al-Qadim,....maztica, because I'm sure there's somebody out there who liked it. Maybe it'll even include some Realmspace. No. No Realmspace.

I'd love to see a new Spelljammer ruleset, except I'd make Spelljammer it's own unique setting, instead of just all the dnd worlds in space. I'd want some options for running an all psionic...er..psionjammer?

3.5 Darksun. Even if it's only one big book.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not running WotC.

Glyfair

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
Complete Psionic 2: The Psionicing - Psionics desperately need more support, and Complete Psionic was not really what we needed.
The Eberron Sarlona supplement might fill this role. Of course, it's Eberron specific. I can, however, see a lot of the Psi-fanatics taking the continent and inserting it into their own campaign if enough psionics "crunch" is in the book.

Personally, I wouldn't change much about the releases at all. I would, however, focus on building synergy. I'd encourage (and even feed) Paizo more tie-in articles to the products (excised materials, etc).

I'd also bring back the strong web enhancement role. My design philosophy would be for web enhancements to be enticing and usable by those who don't own the book (encouraging them to use the enhancement and decide they like the concepts enough to try the book). At the same time, they'd have additional value to those who bought the book.

The Dragon sneak peek articles for the Expanded Psionic's Handbook would be a good example of this. They were material not in the XPH. However, they were of the appropriate flavor and tone.

Psion

Adventurer
Do I get to pick who writes it?

1) Read my lips: NO NEW CLASSES. (base classes, that is.)
2) Planescape. Done justice.
3) Races of the Mind.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases