Girls Girls Girls - random question..

Sirya

First Post
Has anyone, any DM/ST whatever ever run a game with an all female (ooc) ensemble? Or maybe just a game that attracted a lot of female players?

IF so, what genre, game etc?

If you were going to create a game for all women... what would it be?

Crothian

First Post
Ya, I've done it. I create games for individuals not genders. So, all my games are different depending on the players. I've ran solos with a woman PC and had one campaign of all women 5 PCs there. I've ran Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, Buffy, D&D, and Vampire. Women gamers are no easier to make assumptions for then male gamers.

Sirya

First Post
As a woman, I like certain games better, but these women have never gamed at all... and I was going for appeal.. once they're involved, (addicted) the rest is cake. :p

Crothian

First Post
Then either run what you like, or what you think they will like. I know women hack and slashers that love D&D and dungeon crawling. I know ones that love Blue Rose, changeling, Exalted, Buffy, pretty much every game has female fans.

Crothian said:
pretty much every game has female fans.

Except 'that-which-shall-not-be-named.'

Not that is has many male fans, either. I hope.

If I had to generalize, I'd say that in my experience women players are a little more into the NPCs than the guys are. Female players in my games have been more likely to dig for details about the NPCs, etc., so I tend to take more care to flesh them out than I might otherwise.

OTOH, one woman I gamed with in college was the most blood-thirsty hack'n'slasher I've ever seen, so it runs the same gamut as with male players.

Sirya

First Post
Keep in mind, these are women who have never even heard of DND.. or if they have, have only heard the warped crap about what it means to RP period.

pogre

Legend
Vampire was a pretty good gateway for females in the 90's, but I have to agree with the others - Women gamers really do run the gamut. My wife is one of those blood thirsty hackers for example. Run what you like and do not be afraid to bring the action to them until they get the hang of the game a little bit. Railroading can be helpful with a highly inexperienced group.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I've had a large (more than half in the group) number of girls in D&D games and World Tree games.

In my experience it's not the type of game that attracts female gamers, it's just a good game--same as any other player. A good story, fun battles, interesting plots--they attract players of all kinds.

Sirya

First Post
See, I guess the trick here is to lure and seduce (thats just appropriate) these women into gaming, who have never been exposed to it...

So my plan is to be enticing, but you know lacey undergarments don't ALWAYS work - I've got lots of time before I set it all up anyway. So lots of times to use my wiles and charm I guess to slowly introduce them to D&D. Right now I'm just brainstorming..

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases