In Search of an Adventure

Yair

Community Supporter
I'm looking for a good fantasy adventure. I want a fantasy feel, from dark fantasy to high fantasy I don't care but I don't want an adventure set in the middle ages or something like that. I won't be running it under D&D, so I need an adventure that isn't relying on D&Dish rules too much. The ruleset I'll be using (Ars Magica) makes healing a slow and dangerous process - I'm talking possibly months to recover from wounds - so I need an adventure where combats can be avoided, are limited to one or a very few, or are very far spaced in between.

Anyone has any ideas for a good adventure along these lines? Preferably available as a pdf.

Yair

Yair

Community Supporter
The adventure doesn't have to be for D&D, you know. Any system will do, as I'm gonna convery it anyways.

What? Was that a bump? Really? Oh, how queer.

Crothian

First Post
Pendragon might have something for you. I'm not really familar with what their old adventures were like, so I'm ju8st guessing here.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I was trying to think of some, but that's a pretty tall order.

Most fantasy RPGs tend to be combat heavy. But you want to use the Ars Magica rules, which isn't. But most of the adventures for that are medieval, which you don't want.

I was thinking Elric/Stormbringer (as those tend to not be medieval), but most of those either aren't available as PDF, or are really combat heavy.

Maybe some of Gary Gygax's Lejendary Adventures adventures? I was thinking maybe "The Hermit", but I dunno if it's out on PDF. (I thought this place had it, along with Hall of Many Planes, but the gamestore seems be a bit broken).

Yair

Community Supporter
trancejeremy said:
I was trying to think of some, but that's a pretty tall order.
It is, isn't it? :(

Maybe some of Gary Gygax's Lejendary Adventures adventures? I was thinking maybe "The Hermit", but I dunno if it's out on PDF. (I thought this place had it, along with Hall of Many Planes, but the gamestore seems be a bit broken).
I believe it is available through RPGNow. Let me check... yes. The only real comment seems to give it a very low grade, however, as does JoeGJushner. Hmm. Well, it's AN option :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Combat need not be a life or death issue. Depending on the location and time in a medieval setting, nonlethal combat might be preferred to avoid murder charges, to obtain hostages for later ransom, or to take prisoners to be used or sold as slaves. The Whispering Woodwind adventure you have from the CMG Favorites Bundle could easily be converted with those thoughts in mind. The bear encounter need not require combat as a solution, the encounter with the Trundlefolk can include contests of strength and other tournaments, and the final showdown with the thugs can be nonlethal for the previously stated reasons. The rest of it should work just fine in a medieval setting. Good luck and have fun! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases