OOC - Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen - 14th Level Dungeon Crawl

D20Dazza

Explorer
Almost ready, I think I'm done except for spending 3,000gp and doing the appearance, personality and history - I want to get my Races of the Wild back before attempting that though.

Cheers

Daz

Pinotage

Explorer
D20Dazza said:
Almost ready, I think I'm done except for spending 3,000gp and doing the appearance, personality and history - I want to get my Races of the Wild back before attempting that though.

Cheers

Daz

Me too. Just sorting out the last bits of equipment.

Shayuri, have we lost our barbarian? What happened to Kuma? Does than mean my dwarf is the only melee combattent now?

Pinotage

Malvoisin

First Post
Gli'jar said:
Thanks. I wrapped it in code tags, looks good.

How was my background chronicle? I had fun with it, hope it wasn't too over the top. I went with the idea that 12th level characters are legendary, so presto chango. I should be able to work on the other holes the next few days.

I enjoyed reading that story, Gli'jar. Nice job. :)

Shayuri

First Post
LOL

Man...see, that's what I get for posting after midnight. Wrong thread, wrong character.

Kuma's ready too! Just finishing up his background. All his crunch is in order. I'll have him up after work today.

Ahem. I'll just...edit my previous post...

Sorry guys. :)

Malvoisin

First Post
Rayex,

I've been looking over Royce carefully. Everything looks good for him, except the skill points, which I can't seem to get a grasp on.

Would you be so kind as to break down the level-by-level skill point assignments you made? Keep in mind that Knowledge: The Planes is a cross-class skill for a Warmage (though it is a class skill for an Elemental Savant).

Also, keep in mind that he wouldn't have that Headband of Intellect until, I'd say, 12th level.

Rayex

First Post
Hehe. They should be correct though, I did the math a few times, and no I did not add skill points from the item. However, there might be something wrong, as I remember changing his int score at some point, after I first did the skill... I'll check it later today, and give a breakdown of how I did it.

My calculations:

Warmage: 2+2int/level (x4 1st level)
Level1: concentration4, spellcraft4, Arcana4, Planes2
Level2: concentration5, spellcraft5, Arcana5, planes2
Level3: concentration6, spellcraft6, Arcana6, planes3
Level4: concentration7, spellcraft7, Arcana7, planes3
Level5: concentration8, spellcraft8, Arcana8, planes4
Level6: concentration9, spellcraft9, Arcana9, planes4
Level7: concentration10, spellcraft10, Arcana10, planes5
Level8: concentration11, spellcraft11, Arcana11, planes5
Level9: concentration12, spellcraft12, Arcana12, planes6
Level10: concentration13, spellcraft13, Arcana13, planes6, (1point leftover)
Elemental Savant: 2+2int/level
Level11: concentration14, spellcraft14, Arcana14, planes8 (1point from this level, 1point from leftover from level10)
Level12: concentration15, spellcraft15, Arcana15, planes9
Level13: concentration16, spellcraft16, Arcana16, planes10
Level14: concentration17, spellcraft17, Arcana17, planes11

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Behold, Kuma! HP are the only thing I haven't filled in. I seem to recall those would be calced by the GM.

[sblock=Kuma]Name: Kuma
Race: Human
Class/Level: Barbarian 1 / Sorceror 4 / Dragon Disciple 9
Exp:

Desc
Kuma is a tall, burly human man bearing tribal tattoos over his upper arms and down his back. His shoulders are broad, and his musculature seems impossibly dense and defined, with almost no fatty tissues to cushion it. His size and build are relatively normal though, compared to the deep rust colored scales that crust his chest and portions of his back, arms, and head. A thick, bony ridge has developed over where his eyebrows once were, curving into a pair of vestigial horns that sweep back over his ears. His teeth have grown thick and viciously sharp, and his fingernails into reinforced claws. He wears a long loincloth of mithril chain and leather, along with a specially made breastplate of segmented mithril. He wields a two handed sword of black blade, inscribed with celestial runes that blaze with white fire when they touch evil. When Kuma rages, he often exhales thick plumes of smoke from his nostrils.

Strength (STR) 26 (10 pts +2 lvl +4 dragon disciple +4 item)
Dexterity (DEX) 12 (4 pts)
Constitution (CON) 21 (6 pts +1 lvl +2 dragon disciple +4 item)
Intelligence (INT) 12 (2 pts + 2 dragon disciple)
Wisdom (WIS) 10 (2 pts)
Charisma (CHA) 12 (4 pts)

Alignment: Chaotic Good
AC: 27 (10 +1 Dex + 10 armor + 3 natural +3 deflection)
Hit Points: 12+4d4+9d12+70
Movement: 40'

Init: +1
Base Attack Bonus: +9/+4
Melee Attack: +17/+12
Ranged Attack: +10/+5
Fort: +18
Reflex: +9
Will: +14

Race Abilities
Bonus Feat
Bonus skills

Class Abilities:
Rage 3/day
Fast Movement
-
Summon Familiar
-
Natural Armor +3
Ability Boosts: Str +4, Con +2, Int +2
Claws/Bite (1d4/1d6)
Breath Weapon 4d8 fire, 30' cone, 1/day
Blindsense 30'
Wings, 40' average

Skills:
Climb (Str) +12 (4 ranks + 8 Str)
Intimidate (Cha)+5 (4 ranks + 1 Cha)
Survival (Wis) +4 (4 ranks + 0 Wis)
Swim (Str) +12 (4 ranks + 8 Str)
Concentration (Con) +13 (8 ranks + 5 Con)
Knowledge (arcana) (Int) +9 (8 ranks + 1 Int)
Listen (Wis) +10 (10 ranks + 0 Wis)
Search (Int) +10 (9 ranks + 1 Int)
Spot (Wis) +10 (10 ranks + 0 Wis)

Feats
1 Eschew Materials
1 Power Attack
3 Cleave
6 Still Spell
9 Extra Rage
12 Hover

Languages - Common, Draconic

Spells

0 level - 6/6
Detect Magic
Light
Mage Hand
Mending
Prestidigitation
Arcane Mark

1st level - 7/7
True Strike
Shield
Weapon Shift

2nd level - 9/9
See Invisible

Money - 719gp, 4sp

Weapons -
Holy Adamantine Greatsword +2, +19/+14, 2d6+14, 19-20 x2, 8lbs, 35050

Armour -
Mithril Breastplate +5, +10 AC, 15lbs, -1 check, 15% fail, 29200

Gear -
- In Haversack
Bedroll, 1sp, 5lbs
Blanket, 5sp, 3lbs
50' silk rope, 10gp, 5lbs
Tent, 10gp, 20lbs
Waterskin, 1gp, 4lbs
10 days trail rations, 5gp, 10lbs

- On person
2 scroll cases, 2gp, 1lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb

Magic -
Belt of Strength and Con +4, 40,000
Cloak of Resistance +4, 16000
Ring of Protection +3, 18000
Necklace of Adaptation, 9000
Wand of Stoneskin (25/50), 16750
Silversheen, 250

Background:
Kuma is one of a relative primative tribe of humans that lives in the steppelands of the frozen north. His tribe occupies a series of caverns and hollowed out tunnels carved into the walls of a dormant volcano that stands alone; the result of a violent eruption millenia ago. The lava pools and superheated rock in the depths below keep the temperature farther up relatively comfortable, even in the deep of winter, making it a much vied-for home. Kuma's clan has fought for and won their place there, and they guard it zealously. The tribe's legends state that once a great dragon-god laired here, and that it brought the people there to serve it and to be its favored. One day the dragon left, leaving behind a royal line of people who it had shared its essence with to rule in its stead, until it returned.

In time, the dragon blood of the royal line thinned to the point where it could no longer be seen. It became customary for any new chief to prove his link to the dragon god by proving his mettle outside the mountain...venturing into other lands and undertaking great deeds. On his return, he would sing his deeds to the tribe, and if they were sufficient, he would be accepted.

Kuma is of the blood of kings, among his people. In accordance with the traditions, he left the mountain and trekked the miles south to the warmlands. There he met worthy companions, and worthy challenges, and in battle proved his name. In the process though, he learned something that shook him to the core. He learned that dragons, while powerful, were not gods...and that the crimson drake that once ruled his people had almost certainly been a tyrant, and his tribe's ancestors, its slaves. Even as he struggled to awaken the vestiges of dragon heritage within himself, Kuma made a vow to find the dragon that had once ruled the mountain in the north; or one like it...and slay it. He would bring its head back with him to prove to the tribe once and for all that the legends were false...making sure that they would never again be the thralls of a wyrm. By might and by magic, he would turn the power of the dragon that lurked within him against that of the creatures themselves and buy his tribe freedom for all time.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads