OOC - Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen - 14th Level Dungeon Crawl

D20Dazza

Explorer
Feel free to suss out Arriana, Malvoisin. She's done bar the story type stuff. Or will be in a tick when I spend her last 3,000gp (Chime of Opening).

Cheers

Daz

Pinotage

Explorer
Same here. Done except for the last 30000 gp or so, but that'll mostly go into 'disposables'. Background and stuff is mostly worked out - I just need to write it down. :)

Pinotage

Malvoisin

First Post
Daz, I've been looking over Arriana. Things mostly look good.

One question: Did you include her -1 STR penalty in determining her attack roll mods for the rapier?

Also, there is a line with the Shock Bolts about seeking foes under cover, which I assume is unintentional.

And again, those pesky skill points. Did you take the full +4 bonus across all 13 levels? I don't think it works that way, does it? Wouldn't you only be able to factor in a +2 bonus until level 4, and then +3 until level 8? Input from anyone else on this would be welcome. Figuring skill points for high level characters always vexes me.

Pinotage

Explorer
Malvoisin said:
And again, those pesky skill points. Did you take the full +4 bonus across all 13 levels? I don't think it works that way, does it? Wouldn't you only be able to factor in a +2 bonus until level 4, and then +3 until level 8? Input from anyone else on this would be welcome. Figuring skill points for high level characters always vexes me.

Yip, me too. I run a 15th level game and the first thing I asked my players was to give me a skill breakdown. Rather have the player do the work than the DM, who's already busy enough as it is with checking 5 or 6 sheets and planning for the adventure. I agree with what you did on Royce's skills - I think they're correct. I haven't checked Arriana's skills, but a breakdown is always helpful. I think you're right, though - the Int increases weren't factored in correctly.

Aethor's skills are indicated per class in brackets after the particular skill. No cross-class skills were taken, so those numbers should match the ranks.

Pinotage

Malvoisin

First Post
Shayuri,

Would you be so kind as to break down on Kuma's character sheet how his ability scores were derived. (i.e., Where were the points spent, what comes from leveling up, what comes from items, etc.)?

Malvoisin

First Post
Pinotage,

I've been looking over Aethor....

Once again, those skills....I agree with your assertion that he should have 126 skill points to assign. But, when I add up your assigned ranks, I get 137. Can you double check that math for me?

Pinotage

Explorer
Malvoisin said:
Pinotage,

I've been looking over Aethor....

Once again, those skills....I agree with your assertion that he should have 126 skill points to assign. But, when I add up your assigned ranks, I get 137. Can you double check that math for me?

Rogue Skills: 8+1(Int)=9 per level
Barbarian Skills: 4+1(Int)=5 per level
Fighter Skills: 2+1(Int)=3 per level

Total Skills: Rogue 1 (36) + Rogue 2-11 (90) + Barbarian 1 (5) + Fighter 2 (6) = 137 or 126/5/6 by class.

I think you missed the skills for Fighter and Barbarian.

Pinotage

Remove ads