Doctor Who S2 ep 8 "The Idiot's Lantern"

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
KaosDevice said:
Can anyone tell me if that whole Union Jack vs. Union Flag thing that Rose brought up is true?

Sometime in the last 5-10 years all the british media went all precious and 'correct' about it, but for most of my life it has been known as the Union Jack and that still works for me - at least until the police come and take me away for using the older terminology!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I really liked this episode - I thought Maureen Lipman (a noted comedy actress on UK tv) played her part exceptionally well. She had the right vocabulary and voice for the 50's and imbued it with a tremendously sinister edge.

I felt that the tension of people gathering around their sets to watch the coronation while the doctor races to stop the Wire worked well, and the sinister effect of the Wire consuming peoples faces worked well too.

It would have been ideal as a two parter really - with Rose losing her face at the end of part 1. This would also have given the inspector a bit more to do (as it was he was a bit of a nothing character, unfortunately).

Cheers

Last edited:

KaosDevice

Explorer
Plane Sailing said:
Sometime in the last 5-10 years all the british media went all precious and 'correct' about it, but for most of my life it has been known as the Union Jack and that still works for me - at least until the police come and take me away for using the older terminology!

And they will some day Plane...they will...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases