Unconverted Greyhawk creatures

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Thanks GrayLinnorm, both fixed. (The extra space in "blood hawk" seems to have foiled my search attempts :heh: )

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Su-monsters appeared in a web-enhancement for the Psionics Handbook (3.0). Strangleweed and negative energy elementals have appeared in various Tomes of Horror (1 and 3, respectively), but I don't know if that counts for your purposes.

Demiurge out.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Thanks demiurge. The su-monkey from Scarlet Brotherhood seems to be different from the su-monster in the "More Psionic Monster" web enhancement. The description reads: "The su-monkey is a specially bred monkey that the Scarlet Brotherhood has been able to invest with some of the qualities of a su-monster." So that probably needs to stay on the list.

I've removed the strangleweed from the list. (Once again, my search efforts were foiled by a space ;) ).

Although it's tempting to take out the negative energy elemental too, my rule-of-thumb for including non-official conversions is that they need to at least claim to be conversions of older D&D creatures to get counted. Since the ToH2 and 3 (sadly) don't make any such claims, I haven't counted any of the creatures in those as updates of earlier D&D creatures.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Well, I'm trying to be thorough ;). I should note that some of the creatures in the list -- particularly those from Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad and other late 2nd-Edition products -- don't have full monster stat blocks, but appear only in encounter stat block format. But since I couldn't find those creatures anywhere else, I decided to include them in my index, and hence on the list.

qstor

Adventurer
Echohawk said:
Well, I'm trying to be thorough ;). I should note that some of the creatures in the list -- particularly those from Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad and other late 2nd-Edition products -- don't have full monster stat blocks, but appear only in encounter stat block format. But since I couldn't find those creatures anywhere else, I decided to include them in my index, and hence on the list.

Paul Looby and I did some 3e conversions of the Scarlet Brotherhood creatures for the Living Greyhawk Journal that never got published by Erik Mona. I'll check with Paul to see if I can post them. I think the Thassaloss was in our proposed LGJ article too.

Mike

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases