• Quietly confident of getting through the first round

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • It\'s in the lap of the gods

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • It was worth a shot, but I can\'t see it happening for me

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • Perhaps I shouldn\'t have mentioned sentient wombats as a PC race

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Did I really submit that? How embarassment...

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Omigod! Did I sign the proposal form? Have I been roundfiled?

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • All of the above

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • All of the above ... about three times a minute

Votes: 10 9.3%

nopantsyet

First Post
Well, I feel good in terms of what I did and what I'm capable of. But I feel even better that there are plenty out there more creative, more interesting, and more polished than mine. But it was fun and exciting and cool to see WotC involve the fans.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Well according to the WotC admin ( http://boards.wizards.com/rpg/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=135;t=011138 ) they've recieved over 10,000 submissions.

If this is a random drawing -- which it isn't -- that gives me a statistical 0.1% of going to the next round. However, I have already reached zen-like calm in accepting the certainty that my submission will be read at 2am right after the judge has just had a huge fight with his girlfriend and his dog has widdled on the living room floor.

ninthcouncil

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
...my submission will be read at 2am right after the judge has just had a huge fight with his girlfriend and his dog has widdled on the living room floor.

Even so, the magnificence of your vision will shine through, and the spell-bound judge, whooping and hollering with delight, will enthusiatically pass your submission through to the next stage. Unfortunately, the temp assigned to copying the submissions will have swapped your reference number with another entrant's, and the invitation to write a 10-pager will go out to Raven S McKracken and the authors of F.A.T.A.L., making a joint entry under an assumed name.

Actually, given the content of F.A.T.A.L., I should reconsider my use of the phrase "joint entry" in the previous paragraph.....

Last edited:

ashockney

First Post
Flying islands....

LOL! Damn that's funny!

A significant portion of our primary submission is based on a floating island, and we have a nice graphic of it up in the corner. That just kills me that whoever put together the poll decided to put that on there.

Given that this sounds like it may have been a common theme, maybe that should be moved to the bottom of the list, below "D'oh!"

VoodooGroves

First Post
I think given the statistics I don't have a chance in hell. In the previous post however ....
...my submission will be read at 2am right after the judge has just had a huge fight with his girlfriend and his dog has widdled on the living room floor.
Originally posted by BiggusGeekus
I'm fairly confident with my luck that it was my submission on which the dog was widdling....

That said, I'm going through a few thoughts. First, this was fun. I feel confident my ideas were interesting and compelling, even though I can't shake the fear that instead of signing the submission agreement I accidentally sent in motion pictures of the dreams we all had in high school where we show up for class naked instead of said agreement.

The rejection of NOT being the approx. 10 in 10,000 is not so hefty, and I had a blast doing this project. Of course, the fear that I may actually get chosen and "what the hell do I do next" might be a blast too.

Dave Blewer

First Post
Flying Islands?

:(

Oh dear! My setting has flying islands coming out of its... Well, its everything!

Oh well, at least its the setting that we have been playing in for a couple of years now. I didn't really think that I stood a chance :)

Oh God, I just had another look at the poll and my setting could concievably have sentient wombats in it as well!!

Maybe I shouldn't have extended the mortgage on the strength of winning this thing :( :(

Last edited:

Remove ads