3rd IR Aftermath OOC Thread and Peanut Gallery

Kalanyr

Explorer
This is the Out of Character and Comment thread for:

The 3rd IR Aftermath

All the normal rules apply for commenters these are simple

1) Don't help the characters with solutions to problems, even if it seems obvious to you. :)

Last edited:

Kal some questions for good order:

What is the name of the city we are in?

What size is the continent we are in?

How deep is it and how deep down are we?

Can I have satelite acces from this deep down?

What is the general layout of this city and it's name/fame and number of inhabitants and maybe some famous people and what can we find here in places of interest?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kal, how available are magic and items that pierce magical disguises (i.e.- polymorph, etc...) ?

Also, do we know what the magical properties of this part of the DoH are?

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Following is General Knowledge readily available

1) Satellite connections don't work here.
2) Technology doesn't seem to work here.
3) People of non-chaotic good alignments tend to get splitting headaches.
4) The living heal faster here.
5) The continent is about 100 miles deep, you are approximately 10 miles down.
6) The continent is the size of a rather large country, say oh probably Australia In real world terms.

The Following is Oerthian Only knowledge (DC 10 Knowledge (Ishtarland) Check) (Torillians don't know this without a Knowledge (Ishtarland) check of DC 20) (Since none of you have this skill and its not Common Knowledge you don't know it capiche?) (For PCs from allied realms this is automatically known)

1) One of the most influential figures of this place is a god, the other a fey
2) The day to day business is run on a merocratic nobility
3) The Dwarven Areas of this realm have full tech access and lack the Chaos-Aligned trait.
4) All spells that would remove freedom from a being not takeing hostile actions, automatically fail.
5) It is rather difficult to cast spells aligned with Evil.
6) This city is called Silver Stand

The Following is Oerthian Only and with a Knowledge (Ishtarland) DC 20 or non-Oerthian Knowledge (Ishtarland) DC 30. (Rolled in front of me). (for those PCs from allied lands this is Common Knowledge (DC 10))

1) The Realm is Minor Positive Dominant, Strongly Chaos Aligned,Strongly Good-Aligned (except the Dwarf Areas)
2) The Ream is Tech Dead (Except the Dwarf Areas)
3) The Elves of the Lost Wood found shelter here from the God Emperor
4) The people of this realm are not always what they seem. Many are immune to divinations and are not fooled by Illusions.
5) The realm is divinely morphic
6) The current head noble is Alytress, rumoured to be the Spymaster.
7) Arcane/Druid/Ranger spells and spell-like abilities are Maximised/Empowered/Extended. (This does NOT include death magic of any kind, spells that damage the environment, or spells that draw upon negative energy, Law or Evil for their effects, or spells that effect technology in a non-baneful manner or several other spells that no doubt do not fall into these categories but break the spirit of them.)

(Any more specific information has rather high DCs and comes from me personally.)

Mr Draco
The items to pierce disguise constantly are rather rare, since it requires an epic level character to make them.

Janos Audron

Explorer
well, I dropped shadow adept. Not uploaded it yet, but someone conviced me...

Kal, can I teleport to Toril or do I need to plane shift?

Serpenteye

First Post
There are rumours ..... that the Union of Worlds is less than it appears,

Hmm. Interesting... Less in which way, that is the question. Less evil, less good, less powerful? And in that case what's caused this swift decline? I guess we'll find out eventually. ;)

On the whole, your campain seems rather interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more. Congratulations to a promising beginning. :)

Mr. Draco

First Post
Heh, good to see you again serpenteye. The Union promises to be very interesting. IC, I'm planning to steal one of the nightfighters if I get the chance :) Although if that is ever possible, we'll have to wait and see. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases