D&D 3E/3.5 BOZ's Conversions

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's a file I saved with some of the boards conversions. It's only the ones I really wanted copies of. I don't know which of the conversions, if any, were lost in the crash, but I figured BOZ could use the help. The file includes the following...

Actaeon
Astral Energy Monster
Chevall
Crystalmist
Dark Wing
Jabberwock
Jagre
Maedar
Thoul
Whipsting

If you want me to post the conversions in individual posts then let me know.

Cheers!

KF72

Attachments

• Boz's Conversions.zip
    69.3 KB · Views: 60

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Also, here is my version of the Phanaton, which is an amalgam of two different versions, (an old) one done by me, and the other done by BOZ (with the "Forum's Faithful").

PHANATON
Small Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft., glide 15 ft.
AC: 14 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4) or shortspear +4 melee (1d6) or sling +4 ranged (1d4)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4) or shortspear +4 melee (1d6) or sling +4 ranged (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., forest empathy, prehensile tail, scent
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 11 (+0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 12 (+1), Int 11 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 9 (-1)
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +4, Listen +4, Move Silently +12, Sleight of Hand +2, Spot +4, Survival +2*
Feats: Treefriend, Weapon Finesse B

Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary, mated pair, band (10–20 plus 1 2nd-level n'chala), clan (30–300 plus 50% noncombatants, 1 warchief of 3rd-level and 2–12 bodyguards of 2nd-level), or tribe (300–900 plus 50% noncombatants, one 2nd-level n'chala per 10 adults, one 3rd-level warchief, and 2–12 2nd-level bodyguards per 30 adults, 1 king of 8th-level, and 4 bodyguards of 6th-level; villages may also have 1–3 dryads or a single guardian treant)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

Phanatons are an odd, reclusive, intelligent race of bipedal anthropomorphs that look like a cross between a raccoon and a monkey. They are close to nature and live exclusively in the forests of Southern Harqual.

A phanaton has a 4-foot prehensile tail and a membrane of skin stretching from its arm to its leg. These membranes can be stretched out allowing the phanaton to glide from tree to tree.

A phanaton’s fur is colored like that of a raccoon, with a dark mask over the eyes, gray-brown fur, and a ringed tail. There eyes range from bright green to a tawny yellow.
Phanatons are slightly smaller than halflings in height and weight.

These forest-dwellers speak Elven, Sylvan and their own language that consists of hoots, chatters, and clicks.

Combat
Phanatons attack opponents from the trees of their forest homes using their surprise ability to great effect. They often use small rocks or slings and shortspears when fighting from a distance. They use almost any sort of natural occurring melee weapon (made of wood or stone) when pressed into combat. Despite their small size and chaotic nature, phanatons fight bravely when cornered.

Forest Empathy (Ex): A phanaton has an empathic link with its forest surroundings, alerting it to danger before it arrives. This grants a phanaton a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws while in a forest. Phanatons are never surprised when encountered in a forest setting.

Prehensile Tail (Ex): A phanaton’s tail allows it to use its tail to manipulate objects. The tail can be used as an extra hand for Multiweapon Fighting and grants a phanaton a +2 competence bonus on Grapple checks and Climb checks.

Scent (Ex): A phanaton can detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Range is 30 ft. If upwind, the range increases to 60 ft.; if downwind, it drops to 15 ft.

Skills: Phanatons use their Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, receive a +8 racial bonus to Balance and Move Silently checks, and +2 racial bonus to Sleight of Hand checks. A phanaton has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. *+2 competence bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost in the forest. Note reflected in the numbers given here.

Phanatons as Characters
Phanatons favor the wilderness rogue class. Most phanaton leaders are wilderness rogues, rangers or druids. Unaligned phanaton clerics can choose any two of the following domains: Animal, Chaos, Good, Luck, and Plant.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Knightfall1972 said:
BOZ (with the "Forum's Faithful")

i like that. ;) if there were a way to put it on every conversion (and, hmm, maybe there is!), i would. :)

actually, no need to worry about any of these. first of all, they were posted on the CC site IIRC, so nothing bad happened to them at all, nor would it have (unless the database containing the site itself were wiped out, which, of course, would suck).

second, if you look in the Homebrews forum at the first two stickied threads, i'm sure you'll find each of these somewhere within.

third, i save every creature in a separate MS Word file as i work on it. so, even the ones we had started but not finished (witness the rockseer) when the boards crashed are saved up until the last point we did something with them, unless i got lazy about updating the file. ;)

so, although the effort is greatly appreciated, we are just fine. :)

still, if you wish to repost anything here, feel free - i don't mind. ;)

Mortis

First Post
BOZ / Knightfall

Did you have anything saved on the Mystaran Hutaakan? I don't think it made it over to the New Conversion thread - it was only being discussed on the Mystara Conversion thread.

Regards
Mortis

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
BOZ said:
actually, no need to worry about any of these. first of all, they were posted on the CC site IIRC, so nothing bad happened to them at all, nor would it have (unless the database containing the site itself were wiped out, which, of course, would suck).

While losing the database would most certainly suck, I saved local copies of every page of the Creature Catalog when I indexed it, so even in a worst case scenario, those conversions would not be totally lost ;).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Mortis said:
BOZ / Knightfall

Did you have anything saved on the Mystaran Hutaakan? I don't think it made it over to the New Conversion thread - it was only being discussed on the Mystara Conversion thread.

Regards
Mortis

No, that one was still a work in progress, when the crash happened (i think). I don't usually save anything until after it has been finished. I had plans to create my own Hutaakans for World of Kulan, but never got around to it because the conversion was ongoing. (Why reinvent the wheel, right?)

Cheers!

KF72

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Mortis said:

that one will be re-starting in the not-too-distant future. unfortunately, all conversation on it was lost, so we will just have to pick up with the stats that had been settled on.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BOZ said:
that one will be re-starting in the not-too-distant future. unfortunately, all conversation on it was lost, so we will just have to pick up with the stats that had been settled on.

Yes, that's what I figured. As for my homebrewed Hutaakan, I'll likely just make my own, anyways. I already have homebrewed versions of the rakasta, lupins, tortles, and phanatons, so why not the hutaakans. ;)

However, I'll be watch for that conversion, with interest.

Cheers!

KF72

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases