Dragon Shaman/Dragon Disciple?

Legildur

First Post
Why don't you post a couple of builds in whatever class combos you think works well?

I've just created a Lizardfolk Dragon Shaman 7 (ECL10) for a game on these boards. It seems to me that the Dragon Shaman class always come with an opportunity cost for exiting early in that a lot of the abilities scale with level. But I'm no expert on the Dragon Disciple PrC, so it would be interesting to see what you come up with.

Sejs

First Post
Thematically, it's bang on the I'm-Too-Draconic-For-My-Shirt money.

Badass-wise.. eeh. DD is a melee class. Kicking ass and chewing bubblegum is what it does. Dragon Shaman on the other hand, is a support class. Helps friends first, kicks ass second. Barbarian/Sorcerer (or Bard)/Dragon Disciple is badass. Slap on some Half-Dragon racial paragon levels after DD 10 and you're more than golden.

However, that all having been said, there is one thing that some levels invested in Dragon Shaman could be -very- attractive for. 3 levels in DS with the proper totem? Water breathing at will. Now that's handy.

utopia_lord

First Post
Well I'm playing a game where the breath weapon and natural attacks stack so the synergy is a little wonky but it works. MY character is still Dragon Shaman/2 but working towards dragon disciple.

utopia_lord

First Post
How is dragonfire adept better than dragon shaman? The way I see it, dragon shaman is way better. Better breath weapon, better natural armor, skill focuses, not to mention most people go for self buffing invocations and you can do that with auras and affect your party as well. Not to mention the BAB is a joke.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases