The ripping of character sheets

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Li Shenron said:
Do the same to the DM's notes every time you kill a monster/npc, every time you beat a trap or riddle, solve the plot or just pass successfully through an area of the map. See if he finds it funny.

I like this idea.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
I think it would depend on the game and the group. I'm not big on the idea of ripping up the sheet of a dead PC, but if it's an established "in-joke" that's developed over time in the group I'd probably just go with the flow.

If it's the DM doing it for reasons that I can't fathom, I'd probably just ask him to not do so next time I die. If it continued, I'd probably rethink attending the game.

Aikuchi

Transient
I dont quite see that with my players not do i practise it.

In fact, I design and print custom character sheets for my players, so I'd feel bad.
As will they, coz of the character investment as well as (sentimeneal) nostalgic reasons and ... they usually like what I've designed (custom-made).

Zelda Themelin

First Post
I would kick the idiots ass. I mean really, if sheet was provided by me. I have high sense of property.

If he gave me sheet in the first place, and asks it back between sessions, then it would be more ok to me. My one dm re-used character sheets when we were poor students. Ripping would still be uncool, unless it is kinda social event on it's own, not just some whiny "hahhaha, you died"-thing.

i actually had dm who destroyed his monster/npc notes always when we killed it. He had versions of then on paper, he wasn't harming actual books. After he drew big X across the paper. It was sort of funny. We also had lists of monsters we had killled, and how many times.
Our kill-count was also proof that we had fought the monster and knew about it. We also added discovered special abilities of monster to that list.

I might keep copy of some details if dm does ripping thing of re-using thing. Just for record. So I recall what i used to play. And party names, which are usually listed on my sheet.

I've ripped my own sheet in couple of games.

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Never seen it happen, but would find it really annoying. Never would I tear up the character sheet of one of my players.

Like others, I sometimes keep old characters sheets of my own.

Nomad4life

First Post
I love looking back over my dead characters of the past, and remembering them. I would probably ask the GM beforehand not to tear up my character sheet for archiving purposes.

If the jerkward GM tore my sheet up anyway after a request, I would probably respond by ripping up his/her notes on my way out of the door.

Elf Witch

First Post
I like to keep my old character sheets. I store them in a big notebook so I would get very angry if a DM did this.

I have never heard of this practice before. When any of our characters died the DM put little skulls on his screen.

Ryngard

Explorer
I have had this done in the past and now I wish that it hadn't happened. I have a folder of past characters and notes and I like to look at them every once in a while. I would not allow anyone to do it now. I think its a silly practice and I personally value the characters and memories and stuff. Not saying there is anything wrong with it but I would love to have all the characters I've played over the past 20 years.

Mr Jack

First Post
*shrugs* either/or. I'd consider someone who got upset by the practice just as much of an ass as someone who practices it.

Tsillanabor

First Post
Like pretty much everyone else here, I think it is a rude gesture. Why not just flip the player the bird? Same thing. I'll kill a character, but gloating about it is juvenile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases