di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
Among the largest and oldest building of the city stands the arena in the northen district. This arena can accept easily two thousand persons confortably. In high events, there is seldom some wooden tribune added that allow the capacity to be raised over three thousand persons.

The arena have been build long time ago for the pleasure of the people. With time, a number of events died, following wars. In the last decade, the city have decided to restore the arena and some events starts to take place again. The council also have stated that they could use it to make important public annoncement to the population, but they never use that right.

The inside field of the arena cover an area of 40 feet by 80 feet. All the permanent tribune are made of stone and surround on three sides the field. The forth side is the entrance of the field with two large oak door, and over, the rich loge. Next to the arena is a building that connect directly to the arena and the two large oak doors. This building is used by the entertainers or competitors to prepare themselves before the show.

It is in this building that you go for the tournement. The streets near the arena are full of people, which is unusual for this part of the city. You've never seen so more people gathering in these small streets that aren't made to handle such a troup. A few merchant have installed stall here and there and try to sells food, drinks and trinkets. Many guards are place around the Arena and some are patrolling in the streets.

You enter the large building and climb into the stands. You see the wooden tribune have been added. The opening ceremony is about to start and you see the arena is not all full, but the extra tribune are more than welcome for your conforts. You remarks there are all kinds of people in here adn they are all chatting with the people around.
[SBLOCK=OOC]The people around you seems to be the other PC here, what a coincidence ;) [/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Note about this "adventure"]This adventure is not an adventure as we are used to see it in LEW. It isn't: we find a group, we go there, we do that, we take our reward and we come back.

This adventure happen in Orussus, so anyone in the Red Dragon Inn can join up almost at any time. If you are in a contest, you will have the chance to do it. Between contest, there might happen things. You are watching the contest, there might happen things. You are in the streets of Orussus, taking advantage of the larger amount of merchant that have come to sell things suring the tournement, there might happen things.

I have three objective with this adventure:
  • Do a tournement.
  • Make Orussus more than a name, but a living city, where everyday (and not so every day) events happen.
  • Create thinsg around the character, and not an adventure plot. Which mean, if you haev a background, I'll try to use it. Most of them, will end to be roleplay only, but some will end with an open chance for a futur adventure. I like to see that the background is more than just a story to tell around a fire.
Even if I'll try to feed all players with something, it might happen that some times, I slow down so the timeline stay the same for everyone (I never know when I'll make people cross there path). If at one time, you have a IC chance to go back to the RDI and you want to (your character find the archery contest boring and want to take a drink, do to the RDI, why not. It's a fine place to take a drink, it,s free! ;) ) and by the same moment, you can do some publicity for the tournement.

Finally, if you want to join a contest, you can subscribe to it as long as it hasn't started for the category you want to join.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
The two large oak doors opens. A man in a well decorated full plate mail leads the group of contestant. To his side, there is an artisan and a wizard. The leads the group in the center of the arena, in front of a large stands.

The man in armor climb first on the stands, followed by his two companions. The armored man place himself inside a cricle where is drawn aan hand with crossed fingers. To his right, the artisan place himslef inside a circle where is drawn an anvil, the circle drawn to look like a circle of flames. To his left, the wizard stands inside a cricle where is drawn a spellbook and a sword.

"Welcome to di Senzio's Tournament." tells Reynold, his voice amplified by some unkown means. "This tournament have been organized by a man who wanted to celebrate the feats of men and women of all races that travels and lives in the great city of Orussus. During one week, the contestant present in front of me will challenge each others, try to find the strength in themsleves to reach a level of physical and mental prowess they never reached before. Under the eyes of the gods, we will find the best among these men."

Reynold starts to invoke Grendath to bless the men in front of him, followed by Penelope, the wizard, who pray Gliran and finally, Marcus, the artisan, who pray Chennet.

Once the contestant have been blessed, Marcus invite all the contestant to the front, where they all recieve tools and materials they needs for the crafting contest. The priest of Chennet than attribute a small boot where they will work on the item they will rpesent on the last day of the tournament. These boots are situated in the halls of the Arena, and everyone is invited to look at them working. He also reminds the rules of that contest.

Reynold finally invites the contestant for the joust contest to prepare themselves as the will place teh arena for the first contest. He also invites the runners to go to the Warden house on Fallon road for the afternoon. The race should start in mid afternoon from there and finish in the Arena.

[SBLOCK=OOC]A bit more to come later today...[/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
Deos looks around with a grin. He takes a seat and makes himself comfortable so that he can watch the first events of the day begin.

Velmont

First Post
The contestant splits, some moving into the tribunes, other moving back to the Arena backstage. Deo, find a good seat on the wooden tribune. A bit far, but soon this tribune will have the sun in his back and should be confortable for most of the day.

Semabin is still in the crowd on the field of the arena that is slowly moving. It is a that moment Semadin see among the crowd that is going backstage something he hasn't see for a long time, except in his own pack, the Sairundani outfit, that the nomads use to travel in the desert. He recognize the colors and patterns to be his own tribes.

Octavio sees that he has at least four hours before he has to show up at the Warden's Outpost on Fallon road before teh race, and going there, with all the people in the streets, should take two hours form here, which leave him at least two hours to spend as he wish.

Garrit quickly makes his way back to the backstage, where he is given a choice of lance, armor and shield. He sees an impressive choice. Among the armor is missing only full plates mail, that ask too much adjustement, and tower shield, that are too bulky on horse. outside that, the choice is wide. He is also given a choice of horses, all seems nicely breed and trained.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Garrit, you can choose any armor (except full plate mail), shield (except tower shield), lance and horse for the tournement, as long as they are in the equipement section of the SRD (which mean nothing exotic or magical).[/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
The problems with entering so many events is just now beginning to dawn on Octavio. His current flashy outfit is unsuitable for the race, and it would likely become very distressed if he ran the race in it. However, this is the outfit he plans to wear during the performance, which comes after the race.

This is his basic plan for his two hours of downtime: He will first ask Reynold (or another official if he's too busy) how much downtime they expect between the Race and the Performance. He will then go purchase an outfit more practically suited for the race (yet still stylish). If it seems there will be enough time, he will get a room at the RDI and stow his gear, instrument, and other outfit there. He will go to his room between events to change and (hopefully) bathe. If there is not enough time, he will try to find a place to stow his gear in the arena so that he may do a quick change before the performance.

He will try to get this done quickly so that he can go directly to the Roadwardens Station early so that he can stretch, scout the course and competition, and speak at length about the wonderfulness that is himself. :)

Velmont

First Post
-=Octavio=-

Ocatvio follow the group backstage, but succesfully catch Reynold. He seems to order a few people about what to do to organize the joust contest. You hesitate to disturb him but make you a sign. "Can I help you?" You asks him your question. "About two hours. You are subscribed to both if I remember well. You should have no problem to prepare yourself and reach the Winged Flute Inn. We have reserved two room for the contestant to prepare themselves... Anywya, the performance are spread on three days, you might only perform tomorrow or the day after. You will know it tonight, as it will be the hasard who will determine the order."

[SBLOCK=OOC]You have time to do what you want. Feel free to roleplay your passage in the RDI. Also, I'll soon point you toward the thread where I'll do the race.[/SBLOCK]

-=Deos=-

Deos see the people who quickly organize the field for the joust contest. Next to him, he hear two dwarves talking.

"What do you think."

"Bah, novice. It will be more luck than skills that will determine the winner."

"Fine, if you think it is more luck, I suppose you are ready to bet. The odds should be fifty-fifty if luck is so important."

"You want to bet. Take out your gold, I won't play for copper."

The dwarf take an heavy pouch at his belt and show it.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
Semabin is still in the crowd on the field of the arena that is slowly moving. It is a that moment Semadin see among the crowd that is going backstage something he hasn't see for a long time, except in his own pack, the Sairundani outfit, that the nomads use to travel in the desert. He recognize the colors and patterns to be his own tribes.
Semabin, on his way to the tribune, spies the colors of the Zephyr tribe. Not wanting to plow through the crowd, he sings a greeting in Sairundani into the direction of the other Zephyr: "
May the winds favor you, and guide your paths!
"

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Knight Otu]I want to tell you, about the Sairundani, I've read all I have found about them (mainly from your background and the Places Recompilation Thread, thanks to El Jefe). If there is important information about that civilisation, please tell me so I can get as consistant as possible about the Sairundani. I start to be familiar with Orussus and Monemvassia, but other region are mainly obscure to me.

I'll try to fill the hole in my knowledge about the Sairundani with what i know about the Touareg... having visited Timbuktu must have some utility :p [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
The man stop to walk. he turns around to find who is singing that. As he spots you, he answers with another greeting song. "
May your tree always cast some shadow.
"* You recognize the man who is standing there. It is Kwella. He is one of the young member of your tribe, the Zephir. He is a year younger, but he is an accomplished warrior for his age. He always has been the best among the young of his age, and he knew it. That made him an arrogant boy.

[SBLOCK=OOC]*The saying refer to the fact that under the shadow of a tree is the best place to endure the heat of the sun during the afternoon. It also refer that a tree that cast no more shadow have lost his leaves, most likely because of the lack of water, which is also a precious ressource.[/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
Octavio

"Many thanks, Reynold. I'm off to make my arrangments, then."

And with that, Octavio makes his way through the backstage crowd into the streets of Orussus.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases