di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=Knight Otu]I want to tell you, about the Sairundani, I've read all I have found about them (mainly from your background and the Places Recompilation Thread, thanks to El Jefe). If there is important information about that civilisation, please tell me so I can get as consistant as possible about the Sairundani. I start to be familiar with Orussus and Monemvassia, but other region are mainly obscure to me.

I'll try to fill the hole in my knowledge about the Sairundani with what i know about the Touareg... having visited Timbuktu must have some utility :p [/SBLOCK]
[sblock]The following posts should be helpful:
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=1854257&postcount=14
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2314168&postcount=39 - mostly about the Hurakan
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2464672&postcount=18 - the Dervish
(http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=104842 - the proposal thread for the dervish)
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2279913&postcount=190 - Tandi d'Lune's background

As for names, somewhat arabic-sounding should be good. Established male names are Semabin, Harudan (my character, obviously), Kenatur, Turakin (from an adventure), Abdil, Kalil, Sarum, Jamid, Jamai, Sabil, Habul, and Harmattan (from proposals, Harmattan being the patriarch of the Sirocco).
In general, I see the names alternating between vowel and consonant, but that isn't a hard rule.
[/sblock]
Semabin, though he remembers the other man's arrogance, tries to get closer to him so they could talk a bit. It has been a long time since he left Baras, so a lot could have changed - maybe the Zephyr weren't even in Baras anymore.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

Velmont said:
Garrit quickly makes his way back to the backstage, where he is given a choice of lance, armor and shield. He sees an impressive choice. Among the armor is missing only full plates mail, that ask too much adjustement, and tower shield, that are too bulky on horse. outside that, the choice is wide. He is also given a choice of horses, all seems nicely breed and trained.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Garrit, you can choose any armor (except full plate mail), shield (except tower shield), lance and horse for the tournement, as long as they are in the equipement section of the SRD (which mean nothing exotic or magical).[/SBLOCK]

"Hm, this looks good," he says as he picks out his equipment.

[sblock=OOC] Heavy Warhorse, Banded Mail, Heavy Steel Shield, Lance.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Semabin walks out of the field with Kwella to the backstage.

While Garrit prepare himself, the first contestant show up. The show is good and people cheer each times a knigth fall. It is only the first round of 4, and many face contestant not of there skills, the wanna-be losing from some who show great potential. No one seems veteran, but it is the novices.

Deos sees the gold passing from one hand to another between the two dwarves, but the one who wanted to bet seems to wins more than he lose. It seems his firend theory that is is more luck isn't quite right.

It is the turn of Garrit. He mount his horse and ride into the arena. The people are talking and a few are cheering, but as the two contestants are still unkown, few reaction are made. Garrit opponent is wearing a spiked breastplate and the shield that go with it.

"I bet you 10 gold the spiked knight got over his opponent"

"Nah, I don't bet on that one, I don't feel it."

"Chicken." He turns and sees Deos. "You want to take the bet?"

Garrit approach his side of the field. Warren, a member of the church of Grendath raise his flag. "Ready?" and the falg goes down, it is the signal of the first charge!

[SBLOCK=Jousting mechanic]
You play three rounds. If you touch an opponent, you gain one point. If you dehorse your opponent, you get three points.

On each round, you both charge your opponent. You roll to hit and if you hit, deal damage. These damage are not real (the lance have been made so it doesn't hurt much when in heavy armor). Your opponent must then do a ride check, DC: 5+damage dealt.

If you fall, you must do a Ride check or you recieve 1d6 point of damage. If you fall uncocnscious, it is an automatic lose. Healer are there to make sure no one get killed.

You have also three options when attacking. You must declare which one you choose when you charge.
  • Attack: Normal attack, do as describe above
  • Crouching: -4 to attack but +4 to all Ride check
  • Aim teh head: -8 to attack, opponent DC to get dismount is 15+damage dealt.
[/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
Velmont said:
"Chicken." He turns and sees Deos. "You want to take the bet?"

"You are betting on the spiked knight to win?" Deos grins, "It's a bet. I'll bet that the large knight there," Deos points to Garrit, "Will win. What sort of stakes do you wish? Shall we go as high as 100 gold?" Deos hefts a pouch of coins and smiles wide at the dwarf.

Velmont

First Post
The dwarf take a look at Deos. "Do you know something I don't?" he asks, seemingly not expecting any answer. "Fine, I'll raise the bet. Let's says 50 gp."

IcyCool

First Post
Velmont said:
The dwarf take a look at Deos. "Do you know something I don't?" he asks, seemingly not expecting any answer. "Fine, I'll raise the bet. Let's says 50 gp."

Deos grins and says, "Done."

Velmont

First Post
"I think you just lost 50 gp." the dwarf says, playing mindlessly with his purse full of money.

"Oh yeah, if you are so sure, why didn't you bet first." asks his friend, who hopes to replenishhis purse with your money.

"Because I would have stolen your money. I am right dwarf."

"You'll see, that guy will regret to have raise the bet."

"Ah!"

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Animus]Tell me what strategy you wan tto use on your first charge, then you can roll (or I can, I don't mind) roll your attack and damage roll. Don't forget, a lance do double damage on a charge, and all your equipement is masterwork.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

Cepheus enters wide eyed in spite of the condition of his armor. He is obviously excited about watching the jousting tournament. He finds a seat in the stands.

DerHauptman

First Post
A huge orc with bulging muscles walks into the arena grounds to watch the tournament.

He spies Cepheus and heads towards him.

Hey liddle mens you gon fight in dis horse ting?

Horses not like Jik'tu....

Dey taste good dough, so dey ok to have round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases