di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
Garrit go again and charge. It's look like to the public a déjà vu. The roadwarden soldier miss again and Garrit seems to miss but at the last moment, unbalance his opponent who is unable to stay on his saddle and flies to the ground. The people cheer again.

"Your boy is impressive." tells the monk.

"Yes... he is good." replies the old woman

"That boyz just made it, no way for his opponent to win." tells the dwarf to his friend.

Garrit opponent stands up again and mount. But for the third charge, he simply make his horse walking, which is the usual meaning of forfeiting. As the two meet in the center, Garrit opponent whispers something to the warrior of Hyrag.

"You have been lucky... but you are good too. I wish you luck."

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire

Velmont said:
"You have been lucky... but you are good too. I wish you luck."

"I have been blessd by the Lightbringer," he says. "Thank you." He shakes his hand.

*EDIT* I meant the roll for the next opponent. I forgot to edit my text :eek: . If you want me to reroll I will.
After that, Garrit gets ready for the next opponent. He adjusts his weapons and armor, and mounts his horse. When the signal is given, Garrit does a normal attack (1d20+6=19, 2d8+4=15).

Last edited:

DerHauptman

First Post
BigB said:
Not I. This sport of knocking each other off a horse is not much suited for one of my stature. I have entered the archery competition.

How about you? What competition are you entered in?

Me jus doos da fights....

but if mine god......

um forget dat ....

if he is wif me den da maze be good too.

Velmont

First Post
The quarter of final start to be exciting. The forces seems to be equivalent. Only four knights are remaining for the semi-final. Among them is Garrit, a knight of Hyrag. The others are a half-elf that carry a tower shield, a gnome on his poney and a human, a follower of Geoth.

The half-elf first meet the follower of Geoth. The tower shield seems to protect well the half-elf, who deflect his opponent blow twice and hit him, but both time, the follower of Geoth was able to stay on his saddle. On the third charge, the follower of Geoth gives a solid blow that let the half-elf fly back a lot before hitting heavily the ground. The half-elf have difficulty to stands up and must be help by a cleric of Grendath who start to take care of him, as he will have to play again soon to determine who will be the third of this competition.

Then come the gnome on his poney on one side, Garrit on the other side.

"What your bet?"

"I told you, I don't bet anymore! I lost too much gold. But I would go for the half-Orc. Those brute have enough force to knock anyone down, even more a gnome."

"My son isn't a brute! But a paladin and good warrior."

"An half-orc paladin! Ah! I'll have seen all."

"I bet on the gnome. He dodge damn well all the previous hits."

On the arena's field, both knight charge. Garrit lance touch the gnome shield that he use to deflect the blow. Garrit, who is starting to be used to confront taller opponent, doesn't cover well his body and he feels the blow.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Gnome attack roll: 23
Damage: 10
Garrit must roll a ride check against a DC: 15[/SBLOCK]

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire

Garrit winces as he is hit by the lance and is unseated (Ride check to avoid falling down (1d20-7=12)). His uninspired riding skill (1d20-7=12) *OOC: use the die roll, not the modifier :eek:* causes him to take falling damage (1d6=5).

He gets up. "I cannot afford another fall," he says. He adjusts his armor and his saddle. He gets back up on his horse and sets himself at the end of the jousting field. He then ducks down in his saddle (-4 included in roll) and charges (1d20+2=7, 2d8+4=13).

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]By the way, I forgot to tell, but you have the best saddle possible, which mean a military saddle, which gives +2 ride check to stay on the saddle. Which gives you a greta total of +3 to your ride skill (ouah, finally, the odds have always been against you...). You did your save.[/SBLOCK]

Garrit barely stay on his horse, but keep good. For the first time, he sees himself behind his opponent. One point is little, but the pression is on him.

"Oh!" The monk can't prevent her rectaion, seeing Garrit hit.

"What I told you!" tells one of the dwarf

"Oh! Shut up!" replies the other

Alexia do sign to encourage Garrit. Both knight charge at each other again. This time, both seems too defensive and the lances only cut the air.

"I told yah!" tells the dwarf.

"Nothing is done. One point is small."

"You want to bet, lady?"

"I have no money, and I don't want to bet anyway, sir."

"You doubt? You don't think Hyrag will help your knight."

"Hyrag is a healer, not a warrior. He protect the sick and the wounded. He won't help his follower in a tournament. He will let his knight see what he really worth. Only the day it will mean more than money and glory, he will be there. But my son is able to defeat his opponent."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Gnome attack roll: 7[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
Again, Garrit charge the gnome but without success. He sees his three attempt to touch only the air. The gnome also miss, his hit easily deflected by the gnome without much effect.

The crowd cheer at the gnome but not much, as they haven't been satisfied by the fall of one of the knight. The gnome ride up to Garrit and tells him "Next tournament, I hope."

"I told yah!" tells the dwarf proudly.

"Sad."

"Not, it's not. He has contested well, and it is not finish for him. There is still the third place to determine."

Next come the follower of Geoth and the human with teh tower shield. The latest , warding himself behind a tower shield doesn't seems good enough as he twice hit the ground and can only touch once his opponent. The crowd cheer at each fall and the follower of Geoth have greatly impressed.

Before seeing the gnome against the follower of Geoth for the tourney winner, Garrit will have to battle the human with the tower shield for the third place. Both get ready for their final joust.

Remove ads