[True20] Some alternate magic ideas

whydirt

First Post
Here are some feats I'm considering using for a more low-magic True20 game. This alternative would only use the Expert and Warrior roles, since the powers I'm changing around are now accessible through skills and feats alone.

Empath
You gain access to the Heart Reading power using your Sense Motive rank as your power rank. You may also take the following powers as General Feats: Bliss, Calm, Heart Shaping, Mental Touch, Sense Minds, and Sleep. Use your Sense Motive rank as your power rank for these powers.

Empathic Healing – Prerequisite: Empath
You may attempt to cure others of wounds and afflictions (as the various Cure powers) using your Sense Motive bonus as your normal power rank. If your attempt is successful, you must immediately make the appropriate (Toughness for wounds, Fortitude for disease or poison, etc.) saving throw or suffer the wound or affliction previously suffered by your patient.

Lend Strength – Prerequisite: Empath
You may lend some of your own strength to another. This ability works like the Enhance Other power using your Sense Motive rank as your power rank. You temporarily lose a point of strength while this power is in effect.

One with Nature
You gain access to the Nature Reading power using your Survival rank as your power rank. You may also take the powers Beast Link and Plant Shaping as General Feats using your Survival rank as your power rank.

Physical Adept
You gain access to the Body Control power using your Concentration rank as your power rank. You may also take the following powers as General Feats: Combat Sense, Enhance Ability, and Enhance Senses. Use your Concentration rank as your power rank for these powers.

Second Sight
You gain access to the Second Sight power using your Notice, Search, or Sense Motive ranks as your power rank. Choose which skill is used as appropriate for the supernatural force in question.

Along with these feats, I'd like to implement some form of the incantation rules from Arcana Unearthed for more flashy and powerful power and spell effects.

I'm happy to hear some feedback! Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases