[IC] Ari (of Aundair's Sorrow) [Closed]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
My Last Post

Place Holder for my last post

Edit: Which just might have to remain empty!

Last edited:

FreeXenon

The Last Post that I have for Ari

[OOC: This is about one post behind. I remember that the attendent said something about your daddy paying for your ticket and your replying with something important. If you could send me the last post or two that I sent I will update this. =) ]

Approaching obviously as not to potentially surprise the odd shifter, Ari raises his voice in greetings, "Hello there. 'Galifar's Sword' then, a good name." Running the name through the store of his mind, he attemts to gather any potential history or knowledge about 'Galifar's Sword', as a sword, a lightning rail or anything of the sort. Also, seeing that he might have to entertain the steward for a few moments tries to pick out some key bits of lore regarding the lightning rail coaches themselves and shifters. Lore +7, Knowledge +13

He sets his suitcase down and reaches into his pocket to draw out the ticket. "Lohl said I might as well get settled in, there's still a few hours before departure."

Last edited:

FreeXenon

The red eyed, bad smelling, and rather porcine looking shifter looks to Ari with surprise that you know something of the train's history. He straightens up his posture and brushes off his clothes a little bit and possibly with hopes of smoothing out some of the mountains of wrinkles.

"This car was where me and 5 other Aundairan soldiers bunked with weapons. I served on this beast for quite a few years in the Last War. Galifar's Sword was treated with the same respect that all soldiers were given. You are given a mission that you are not really expected to accomplish and then when you do they seem grateful and send you on another mission. Rinse and repeat! No real reward other than the surprise that you survived and then next mission." The shifter shakes his head and takes your ticket.

He tries to hide a forming smile to remain stoic, professional, and grumpy. "There's a bit of a wait before we leave so you have plenty of time to get settled. " He nods his head towards a bottle that is not so well hidden just to the inside of the cart and nods to you knowingly.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Thanks," Ari says informally with a knowing smile, "think you could join me for a minute, I'd like to hear more of this coach, it's got a bit of a reputation." He moves into the couch, taking up the bottle he opens it and takes a light swig before sitting himself down.

FreeXenon

The 'light swig' from the bottle turns out to be possibly the worst tasting oily, chunky, and intensely alcoholic liquid you have ever had the pleasure to revile. It crosses your mind that this might easily be able to be used to clean or lubricate a mechanical device or blade. He smiles as he sees your expression. "The Warforged's special recipe. Cronnk Juice. Heh! "

The shifter, still standing outside, looks around rather nervously and then back to you. He appears confused, which seems contrary to his more diciplined nature to which his unkempt, smelly, and wrinkled exterior belies. It's as if he is not sure what he should do. That moment fades and he hops up into the cart, stands tall, proffers the bottle, and takes a long gulping drink from the bottle. As he stands there cleaning his teeth for a moment the acrid scent of sweat, booze, and oil waft from him and assault your nose due to the close proximity. He then unceremoniously plops down in the seat opposite to you. He looks you over quickly and then you see that he decides that it is ok to talk. He takes in a deep breath and sighs, looking away, and then he looks back at you with his hands extended straight out to his knees with his back straight against the seat's back.

"'Name's Carrig, Sargeant Carrig. 73rd Infantry Division, Carrilot's Brigade. We were a rag tag band of 50 working together in teams of 5.

Warforged, Changeling, two humans and me. Carrilot's Crashers, we were. Lived here and worked here and in the adjacent cars for 5 years. Some came and gone, mostly gone not due to choice. A ballista bolt to the melon tends to ruin your ability to serve, if ya know what I mean. They tried to diversify the soldiers on Galifar's Sword due to the crazy stuff we had to due.
" He smiles pridefully a little as a host of memories rushes to the front of his mind. You can see the laughter and the deaths, the struggles and the victories all bundled up into one prideful yet painful smile.

He seems to be choosing what to tell you and a host of things pop-up and it seems that he decides to not tell you them. "I will tell ya this, Young Master, There's nothing like the pride of serving your country and living through the hell of death and victory to show you what life really is. These moments show you truly what sort of man you really are." He chuckle-snorts. "If you get the chance in your lifetime, Young Master, do not be afraid of serving and take it up with pride so you can find out who you really are."

His hands and arms relax and he looks intently into your eyes for the effect of his words.

Ferrix

Explorer
Wracking his mind for a moment on the names of the people and groups the shifter mentioned Ari nods slowly, smiling.

"Tell me Sergeant, how did you end up here? My journey is just beginning, but yours has many stories, I would be honored to hear some of it."

OOC: Lore +7; Knowledge +13; Anything he knows on cronnk juice, the 73rd Infantry Division, Carrilot's Brigade, Carrilot's Crashers, Sergeant Carrig, and all cross-referenced in his head with the war, aundair and the Galifar's Sword. Also, shouldn't this be in the playing the game forum rather than the talking the talk forum?

FreeXenon

[OOC: I will try to dig up what I posted to you before about Galifar's Sword and post that, and then include anything else that might be relevant.

Good call about the thread placement, I have contacted the Moderators!
] :D

FreeXenon

[OOC: Galifar's Sword was claimed by the Audairan military during the Last War and was used to great effect. Galifar's Sword was instrumental in Audair's vicious battle against Thrane by transporting troops and supplies to Audair border with Thrane, especially the north and eastern borders near Thaliost prior to its fall. Galifar's Sword was used during the Battle of Thaliost's Pride to break through Thranite lines and drop troops in the midst of the their recent occupation of Aundairan lands. Following this effort Audair retreated and consigned the Thaliost region to Thrane's hands.

There is a great long scar on the and several large gouges on the top of the carts from Thrane siege engines due to Audair's rather cavalier use of the rail in military missions. Some thought that the Audairan military saw the rail as a something that could be thrown away and treated roughly. This rail has seen more war and combat than some warriors surviving the war. Amongst some of House d'Cannith Galifar's Sword is looked as rather an prideful anomaly. Many of the rails that were used succombed due to damage. These were not built for the kind of punishment that they were put through. Galifar's Sword took more damage than any other lightening rail and kept on going.

The only thing that you remember about the rest of the names that rings a bell is the name Carrilot. You remember that Carrilot was originally a human civilian instructor at Arcanix that taught Military History and Tactics. He left Arcanix after the Aundairan military courted him with an officership that he could not refuse. Not much has been mentioned about him besides his penchant for unorthodox or unusual tactics. Using the civilian rails was his idea and pet project. It seemed to work well enough as he was given a lot of room to move and control over the process. It is rumored that he hand picked some the soldiers that worked the lightening rail. If it wasn't for his use of the lightening rail his name might have been lost to history. He purportedly died of natural causes within a few months of the signing of the Treaty of Thronehold.
]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases