Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 2 - Illusions)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
An hour after breakfast is served in the Dorinthian's new home, you meet with the rest of the party in the baron's administrial office. Baron Dren Dorin, Sgt Kyle Radnal, Heron Silvertongue, Silas Generwine of the elven delegation, and Phly Loughphray of the gnomish delegation are there to welcome you. After short greetings, you are motioned to your chair with the rest of the party members. Baraon Dorin starts the discussion, "Thank you for coming to hear us out, gentlemen. Mr. Loughphray here has a bit of a problem with his own home and is here to seek aid. I'm willing to send you gentlemen and a handful of other men to accompany him back to his homeland. If you can help him, it would help secure our south and establish for us a strong partner for trade, which we desperately need to get back on our feet. I can't spare more men, so I hope you are willing to help."

He nods to Phly Loughphray, who starts explaining the situation, "We honestly came here to seek help from the elven lands, when we heard about your own plight. We've been willing to help with the limited supplies that we brought, but now we must return to our clan. The elves are unwill... err... unable to help us," he says this part carefully, glancing at Silas Generwine, Kel, and Lira. "And the dwarves have sent a small contingent of aid, and can't spare anymore because of their own border problems. We've always had trouble with the various kobold clans," he glances now at Rix, "but recently a large influx of goblins in our hills has devestated our defenses. Also, the kobolds have become more aggressive, almost suicidal. There have been other problems... " his voice trails off for a moment. "Regardless, we need capable men to help us protect our lands. It is our hope that you may be of assistance. Especially, Mr. Rix, who has shown an ability to make the kobold people a little more willing to negotiate... at least long enough for us to kick the goblins out. I hear they have been preying on the kobold clans as well, which may be the reason why the kobolds you met earlier have shown up this far north."

After Phly finishes talking the baron finishes the meeting. "You are to leave in a few hours, if you accept this task, gentlemen. That should be enough time to restock or to get a drink or say good-byes or whatever it is you do," the baron says awkwardly. "Thank you. This is a big help to us."

OOC: Starting the new chapter. Please edit characters accordingly, and spend gold at Risenthropes if you need to. Buying prices are double the normal listing, selling prices are half normal listed. Questions will be answered in OOC thread.

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
At the mention of goblins attacking and about them being thent to gnomish lands, Alexander is staggered for a few seconds, remembering the dream he had last night...

Immediatly the half orc accepts the proposition, but before departing to say his good-byes...
"I accept. But what's that handful of other men? We need to know whom we'll be working with"

Tunnels... Underground... New terrains... I'll stand firm this time!

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas nods his agreement with Alexander and shoulders his pack. He seems as if he wants to make mention of something but he remains silent, remembering the dream of last night and wondering if it was in any way prophetic.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Land Outcast said:
At the mention of goblins attacking and about them being thent to gnomish lands, Alexander is staggered for a few seconds, remembering the dream he had last night...

Immediatly the half orc accepts the proposition, but before departing to say his good-byes...
"I accept. But what's that handful of other men? We need to know whom we'll be working with"

Tunnels... Underground... New terrains... I'll stand firm this time!

Sgt Radnal answers this question, "Just a few volunteers from our people. They won't be going with you while you explore the surrounding area or track down the goblin bases. Instead, they'll be extra swords for guarding the homes of the gnomes while you adventure outwards."

OOC: They'll be my handy excuse for moving characters into an alt list or from an alt list and into an active slot.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Good to know then" Alexander nods and without further ado retires to say good-bye to Ravil... and see if in the way he sees Syra, maybe even exchange a few words with her...

That dream was sent by the Huntress to warn me of what lays ahead... Those kobolds aren't acting by their own will... I shoulld warn Rix later

Ferrix

Explorer
Gnomes... bah, incompetant, groveling, worthless creatures. Think they'll trick us into helping them for nothing. Vaerixsjach is silent during the meeting, perhaps if you could see his eyes behind those smoky goggles he always wears you might have an idea as to what he's thinking. He clicks two claws together like a clock, in perfect rhythm.

The stupid beasts have gotten themselves into something they probably started, foolish stupid gnomes delving into what they shouldn't. My assistance... there's a perfectly reasonable solution to all of this, wipe yourselves out, problem solved. The stacatto clicking of the two claws continues, uninterrupted and still in perfect intervals.

When the baron closes the meeting, Rix finally shifts to speak, "we've been pressed into service before Baron, without any recompense. We're not indebted to this village, you're indebted to us. It would only seem reasonable that you would pay your debt before we are to leave, hard times or not. This is not even to speak of proferring my services to gnomes." His voice sharp with contempt as he finishes.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kyle Radnal and Loughphray stiffen at Rix's words, though Silas Generwine smiles and nods to himself, as if solving a previous puzzle that had eluded him.

After an awkward pause, Baron Dorin speaks with a confused look, "Uh... Rix is it? Well, I would not consider you 'pressed' into service. This is simply a request and I had thought your last journey was made profitable for you, but if you feel abused I certainly will not force you to go. Do you feel I owe you money? I wish I had wealth to give you, you who have done so much. What of the rest of you gentlemen?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Rix smirks at the gnome and human as they react to his statement. "Profitable? Some rusty blades and armor which would sell for barely the worth of the metal they are made with and a few coins to divide amongst four who risked their lives. Surely you can at least pressure the Risenthropes to waive their exuberantly inflated prices and offer equal trade for the goods we acquired. They would have even less business were it not for us securing this village."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Loughphray ponders for a moment before answering, "The goblins and people of...your kind... have taken many valuables from gnome lands. Whatever you recover you may keep, it's previous gnome owners will be told they may not reclaim any items stolen by the invaders, despite their worth. Does that satisfy, kobold?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Deuce Traveler said:
Loughphray ponders for a moment before answering, "The goblins and people of...your kind... have taken many valuables from gnome lands. Whatever you recover you may keep, it's previous gnome owners will be told they may not reclaim any items stolen by the invaders, despite their worth. Does that satisfy, kobold?"

"That was expected. Stay out of this." Vaerixsjach says with a cold and utterly malevolent air. "Baron? We have given you a new town, isn't that worth having your merchants refrain from fleecing our nearly bare pockets for their equipment?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases