Blast from the past...

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Red Moon Games said:
I happened to come across this old link from 1997 (WotC to acquire TSR!):

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~klaproth/esflatestnews.html

It was interesting looking back at some of the fears/hopes/expectations that were around at the time. Anyway, just thought I'd share... nothing like a blast from the past to revive all those memories :)

I had given up on AD&D at this time, playing Palladium Fantasy and the WoD, and I recall hoping that a new edition AD&D was on the way - and I remember thinking I's have to look at it if it did come

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Infernal Teddy said:
I had given up on AD&D at this time, playing Palladium Fantasy and the WoD, and I recall hoping that a new edition AD&D was on the way - and I remember thinking I's have to look at it if it did come

Well, I know a lot of folks look back nostalgically at the days of TSR, including myself (too many good memories!). However, I think the acquisition (and 3rd ed) was a very positive thing for D&D and reivigorated the industry.

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Well, I'd been playing AD&D since about 1991, and it was great - until about 1995/96, which is when I switched, because it felt to me as if TSR was slowly losing it's mind / focus, I never did understand which.

It's also the period when I abandoned Dragon Magazine, which never again was as good as under Roger Moore (But Erik is a close 2nd ;) )

player 2

First Post
The ony thing missing is Ryan Dancey's classic post about visiting TSR during the run-up to the aquisition.

This sure does bring back memories. Thanks for the link!

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Wow, I remember being so worried about all of this. It was at a time when I didn't play D&D for a few years. I never thought 3rd Edition would come out and be so good. Not only that, I didn't think I'd be making products for it either. That sure brings back tons of memories. Thanks for posting it!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases