Players Handbook II feats and balance (whatever balance means)

kobold

First Post
I'm not interested in new core classes, but what about the feats?
I'd like to expand beyond the players handbook feats available in my game, yet keep it to a managable number of available and in line with feats in the 1st PH.
Thanks,
Andy

Rystil Arden

First Post
If you are looking for the first book beyond the PH that you have ever used for feats, you may not want to pick PHBII. I will be using most of the feats in my games because I think that they are a good design decision, but they do represent a *clear* decision to boost the power of high level Fighter feat chains in order to fill holes in the previous balance of Fighter (among other builds that they strengthen and make feasible). For someone who clings more closely to the core than I do and wants feats more in line with core power across-the-board, I would suggest the feats in Complete Warrior instead, minus perhaps Elusive Target.

Last edited:

Liquidsabre

Explorer
I was surprised to see some of the feats in the PHB II, some of them allow things that haven't been very feasible in the game before (like playing a ranged rogue for example, or a high level fighter for that matter lol).

It's a good thing and I haven't found a feat in there that looks out of whack or allows any real great powers that I've seen yet (the high level fighter feats in there are suppose to be good afterall and they are, but not game breakingly so! *cheers*) Some nice new stuff yes, but looks good so far.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases