di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen bows deeply before Reynold, the brass tip of his ponytail touching the ground. "It is an honor to meet you, good sir. My name is Quozen Ilphukiir. I am quite interested in competing in both the Novice Archery tournament and in the Maze. However, I must admit that I am a poor traveler, and do not have the funds for registry. Your generosity in hosting the tournament is astounding, and I would not presuppose any right to participation. Yet I would still like to compete, and am willing to help you with whatever you should need."

IcyCool

First Post
Deos wanders into the tent in the middle of Quozen's introduction. He listens quietly until Quozen is finished and then says, "No need for that. I'll pay your entry fee. Fortune was very kind to me yesterday, and it woudln't seem right if I didn't share that fortune." He smiles and gives a short bow. "Deos Kirith, here for the novice archery competition, the conjurer's duel, and the maze."

BigB

First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

[sblock=Velmont]Cepheus watches his competition to size up whom he expects to do well, not only for his chances of winning but so that he will know whom to have Jik'tu place bets for and against.[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen gasps at Deos' generosity. "Good sir, may a thousand blessings come to you, and may you find an oasis to stop at every midday! Such kindness from even a competitor is great and rare indeed! Thank you! My name is Quozen Ilphukiir, from the Basalt Spire, and of the Order of the Nightingale. I am most humbly at your service."

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu stands inside the tent with Cepheus. He is standing full upright chest out arms folded scowl on his face. If anyone should glance his way he tries to communicate his displeasure and contempt with a look and a snarl.

He fully intends to follow Cepheus' lead as he has learned the little man is the key to a good income.

He is wondering how he can contribute, perhaps he could use the gifts of his god to help Cepheus at just the right moment with a blessing or hurt the opponents with a curse. He also wonders if Cepheus can come up with some kind of scam. Perhaps, Cepheus could loose on purpose after displaying some skill while Jik'tu bets on him to loose after Cepheus wins a few times to gain the confidence of the crowds. Cepheus probably has a plan he thinks,

He will communicate this to Cepheus as best he can when they are alone next.

For now observing the boy's entrance scam....

Hey liddle boy, dis here bees fur mens, you get out now while you kin.

Maybee I sends you home wif spankin fur not do respect da rules.

Dey say "you" have to pay not some odder persons fur yous.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

Cepheus hears JIk'tu and walks over to save the boy some grief.

My big friend. I have been watching my competition and before the contest begins we can discuss whom to bet for and against. I have not yet decided on who to bet on yet.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu looks down at Cepheus with a growling frown....entering into the longest discussion of his life. Usually he just kills someone who disagrees but he sees Cepheus as a good ticket to cash.

I like you C but you not me boss...you bees a parner

Der is tings I spect bout you...

but dun you never cut me off from my fun wif boy or da udder mens in dis test!

Or any udder mens - we meets in da eyes wif dis?

If it come to fights I kin do dat - me needs souls fer me slave in dead lands and bloods an tears to make me god free.

You makes wif smarts an da scams an moneys...

let Jik'tu unsettle da emenys his way.

Dat da one ting I knows.

He shows his tusks in a grin - like a friendly warning - it is not his intention to intimidate Cepheus.

See I make point. If dis boy kin get past rule by odder mens breaking it fur him, paying his way when rules say dat da person must pay 25 golds to enter not sumens else.

See nows den I can help you win wif my magics wif out you cheating. I make spell you tend you dun know. Den you not cheat see. Ur I kin spell on da emeny.

I got talk to god fur you an see wut gifts make you hit better at targets.

Why dun we botage some arrows of udder shooters too, u dat small and neeky.

You smert C but you not grow up like me - winning is most portent ting.

BigB

First Post
I like you C but you not me boss...you bees a parner

Der is tings I spect bout you...

but dun you never cut me off from my fun wif boy or da udder mens in dis test!

Or any udder mens - we meets in da eyes wif dis?

If it come to fights I kin do dat - me needs souls fer me slave in dead lands and bloods an tears to make me god free.

You makes wif smarts an da scams an moneys...

let Jik'tu unsettle da emenys his way.

Dat da one ting I knows.

He shows his tusks in a grin - like a friendly warning - it is not his intention to intimidate Cepheus.

See I make point. If dis boy kin get past rule by odder mens breaking it fur him, paying his way when rules say dat da person must pay 25 golds to enter not sumens else.

See nows den I can help you win wif my magics wif out you cheating. I make spell you tend you dun know. Den you not cheat see. Ur I kin spell on da emeny.

I got talk to god fur you an see wut gifts make you hit better at targets.

Why dun we botage some arrows of udder shooters too, u dat small and neeky.

You smert C but you not grow up like me - winning is most portent ting.
[/QUOTE]

Cepheus stares at the Big Orc wondering how close he just came to meeting this god Jik'tu speaks of. The thought unsettles him and he seems to have a dilemma.

Yes of course, I apologize. I do not intend to presume to be your boss. Our agreement has worked out well thus far. I understand and will not interfere.

Cepheus goes back to where the other contestants are gathered. He seems deep in thought as he contemplates his decision. He likes having the Big Orc around, he has certainly proven himself a usefull ally and has kept Cepheus alive on one occasion already in the short time they have known each other and he seems to equally like having Cepheus around and is unlikely to squash him as long as he finds the arrangement beneficial. At this point Cepheus decides to do what he can to maintain this mutual benefit.

[sblock=Velmont OOC] When I made Cepheus I did not expect him to befriend a CE Orc but I see him making some life changing decisions that are more along the line of a neutral alignment instead of NG. I am not sure how this change would work if you can make the call or if a judge is necessary, but I will roleplay him to make this change as he tries to go along with Jik'tu.[/sblock]

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu cuffs Cepheus on the back in a hard but obviously in the manner of camaraderie.

Ok den, C me and you bees ok...

Dun worry bout summuns watch you backs an stuff...

We gots a sayin, a litter mate is always on ur side.

Not dat I never fights wif dem fur foods or warm place by fire...

but litter mates dun kill each udder cuz of reason.

I do'd it once but wuz not on reason.

Jik'tu cuffs Cepheus again

You an me are like dis

dat be gud fur you?

IcyCool

First Post
Deos watches the exchange between Jik'tu and Cepheus before shrugging and saying, "If you have concerns about cheating, then let me lay them to rest right now." He hands Quozen the coins necessary to pay for entrance into the contest.

Deos grins back at Jik'tu and Cepheus. "There, now he can pay for the entry fee himself, rather than me paying for him. I trust that is satisfactory?"

Remove ads