di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

Velmont

First Post
"We are missing someone. If he doesn't show up before his turn arrive, his opponent will win by default." Reynold take a scroll and start to read it. "This is the rules of teh contest, I'll read it to be sure everyone have heard it once.

• Every contestant will be given a short bow or a light crossbow and the
    necessary arrows or bolts for the contest
  • The target will start at 50 feet
  • Every contestant will be given three arrows to shoot at the target
  • The best half of the contestant will be allowed to continue
  • At each level, the target will be moved by 50 feet and three new projectiles will
    be given
  • The winner is the contestant with the highest score at the last level
  • In case of tie, each contestant will have another projectile to shoot. The best shot will continue.
  • Magic will be forbidden for all the contest

A note about the crossbow. They have been modified to have a bit less power, so there precision is equivalent to the same of a shortbow. Here a target you'll have."
You see a target with 7 concentric circle. The circle have the color of teh rainbow, the Indigo on the surrounding, the red in the middle. "If you miss, you have no points. Indigo worth 1, Purple worth 2, Blue worth 3, Green worth 4, Yellow worth 5, Orange worth 7 and Red worth 10. Any question."

[SBLOCK=Rules]It is a round by round game. You shoot three arrow. The best half go to teh next round. You'll shoot your arows using Invisible Castle. The DC determine which ring or the target you hit. Here the DC list:

Indigo: 5
Purple: 7
Blue: 9
Green: 11
Yellow: 13
Orange 15
Red: 17
Split an arrow: 20 (Must be called, it is a miss or give equal point to the arrow splitted. Only benefit, it impress the crowd).

Also, both shortbow and crossbow have a range increament of 60 feet[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

Lets get it started then.

Cepheus walks up to the table to accept a crossbow. Is there a certain order to follow or can I take my three shots?

Velmont

First Post
"There is some order. You are going four by four until there is only four of you remaining. At that time, it will be two by two. The important thing is not to best the people with you, but all of them, so all a wave of four can qualify while another wave could have none. Only the best eight will go to the second turn." answers Reynold.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus waits with the rest of the contestants and watches Quozen, with a look that he knows this one will be tough.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos steps up, accepts a crossbow, and checks it over like he knows how to handle one. He looks up at Reynold and says, "I'm ready when you are."

Velmont

First Post
"Fine, let's start this contest!" All the contestant go outside. Each take one of the bow of the crossbow on the table. You see the target are at only 50 feet from you, and the bulleyes seems not too hard to hit due to his size and his proxemity.

The first four people who come in the front are the dwarf, the noble, the hafling hinter and the gnome troubadour. The first arrows flies. The noble hit the yellow and the hafling hit the bulleyes. The gnome can only touch the blue and the dwarf starts to swear as he sees his arrow touch the purple. The all shoot there second arrows. The noble man hit the bulleyes. His sight cross Jik'tu eyes, and he smiles at him, proud to show his superiotity. The halfling hit again the bulleyes. The gnome hit the yellow and the dwarf too. The dwarf doesn't seems happy by his performamce. The four contestant shoot there last arrow. The halfing failed a perfect round with his arrow finishing at a few milimeters of the bulleyes, in the orange zone. The noble hit the orage zone too. The gnome hit the bulleyes, and the dwarf hit again the purple zone. The dwarf let go another swear and throw his bow away.

The next waves is compose of the human hunter, the elven hunter, the half-elf guard and the halfling traveller. The first arrow of the halfling and the elf both hit the bulleye, while the human guard hit the Orange zone and the human hunter can only hit the Blue zone. The second wave of arrow seems the worst up to now. The best shot is made by the halfling, which hit the yellow. The half-elf hit barely the target, in the indigo circle while the other two hit the blue ring. The last arrow of the elf hit the bulleye again, while the half-elf only hit the green, the human the purple and the halfling the blue ring. The elf seems to pass to teh next turn, but the others doesn't seems pleased by there results.

The next waves is compose of the human farmer, the halfling merchant and the human roadwarden. Thamian is called but doesn't show up. For their first arrows, the farmer does teh best result with a poor blue hit, while the merchant hit the purple. The roadwarden guard miss the target. He seems to not understand but take a deep breath and take anotehr arrow. He touch only the indigo, while the farmer hit the bullseye and the merchant hit the blue ring. The farmer jump in teh air, happy of his result. The farmer last arrow hit the orange, and the farmer is even happier. The merchant hit the bulleyes, pleased by his last arrow, he await to see the next wave. The roadwarden guard hit the indigo ring again. "That is a sabotage. Someone sabotaged my bow." tells the contestant. Thamian, havn't shown, is now disqualified.

Reynold approach, but from the crowd, you can hear. "These bows have been mad by me. Are you pretending I am not able to do a good bow?" tells a man. Reynold answers "Bellefon, your work are always fine. I'll take a look at the bow. If someone have sabotaged your bow, you'll have the right to shoot again your arrows with a new bow." Reynold look at the bow and inspect it. After a few minutes, he takes two arrow and shot them at the target. The first hit the orange, near the bulleyes. The second arrow, Reynold take more his time, and shoot his arrow. He split one of the arrow of the roadwarden guard, on the indigo ring. "This bow is pretty fine. I would rather put your performance on badluck. Now our last contestant: Cepheus, Deos, Quozen, Nirrassa." The roadwarden guard seem frustrate dby Reynold humiliation and goes away, not even interested to see the end of the contest.

[SBLOCK=Score]
Human Farmer: 20
Human hunter: 8
Elven Hunter: 23
Half-Elven Orussus Guard: 10
Halfling Traveller: 18
Halfling Merchant: 15
Human Noble: 20
Dwarven Warrior: 9
Halfling Hunter: 27
Gnome Troubadour: 18
Human Roadwarden Guard: 2[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]Thamian: if you appear before the result of the first round, i'll edit that post, so you'll not be disqualified, we will tell you arrived late. Once I post teh result of the four other PC, it will be too late.

Note, if you beat 18 points, you are qualified, under that, it will depend on the others result. Good luck.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads