Doctor Who 28x10 - Love & Monsters

Felon

First Post
sniffles said:
That was definitely an odd episode, but I liked it. I thought RTD did a great job of making all the characters sympathetic and real; they felt like people I might know. I felt really saddened by their fates. I thought Ursula's resolution was rather horrible, though - not in a sense that it was badly done, but I certainly wouldn't want that fate for myself or someone I loved!

Yeah, I agree. Great episode. Sentimental, but not sloppy about it.

lrsach01

Explorer
sniffles said:
Oh, and BTW - you do know the Absorbaloff was designed by a 9-year-old boy, don't you? He won a Blue Peter contest to design a Doctor Who monster. So cut him some slack. :p

If you haven't seen the companion Doctor Who Confidential, I highly recommend it. The kid who won the contest is shown visiting the set the day the Abzorboloff was filmed. The pure joy in the kid's eyes is what makes this show so great. No...this episode was not heavy with the fear and angst and deathly stuff, but it was funny. :lol:

KaosDevice

Explorer
I liked it in that it reminded me of my favorite Babylon 5 episode 'A View from the Gallery', it is always nice to see the show from a new angle. I thought the parts with the band that LINDA formed espescially entertaining, sad to see them go.

I thought it was an average episode in terms of entertainment value.

glass

(he, him)
BrooklynKnight said:
I hope the 3rd one is the one they choose.
I'd be a bit nervous about their casting a soap actress from an acting point of view (although I don't watch Corronation St, so I can judge her first hand), but both she and Michelle Ryan are very easy on the eyes... ;)

glass.

MonsterMash

First Post
Well all of the potential names mentioned are soap actresses so little to choose on that. All of them are kind of pretty, but I wonder if Freema would be chosen as it helps make the Tardis crew more ethincally diverse.

I enjoyed this episode, both because it tried to do something different in showing the effects on those around the Doctor and his companions, and also for light relief after the last couple of episodes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases