RPGObjects: Boss for a day
+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

RPGObjects: Boss for a day

Pretend you owned RPGObjects. I work for you, Im on salary and can design anything you desire (god this makes it sound good to be Chris doesn't it).

What would YOU want me to work on?

Blood and Vigilance 2: Electric Boogaloo

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block kingpaul

Friend+
    A project that would earn me a gazillion dollars.

But seriously, I'd like to see the Prometheus setting fleshed out more.

B&V2 would probably rank high on my list. I like(d) the system alot, but I do think there are quite a few places it could be improved.

The market is sort of focused on M&M, yea, but I really liked the ability to drop supers on top of d20Modern ... I especially liked the IDEA of Advanced Training ... but having played quite a few B&V games, the guy with the Advanced Training usually lagged behind the others. By a steady margin. While powers like Fast Healing needed to be recosted out. (Everybody had Fast Healing 1, well, other than the schmuck who took Advanced Training!)

In fact, I think my group will be playing a BnV game on Wednesday since I'll be missing the game.

--fje

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Turanil

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpaul
    I'd like to see the Prometheus setting fleshed out more.
    Second voice for this! Turn Prometheus into a fully fleshed setting, at a level like Dawning Star. Also, focus on the setting's fluff, not on new crunch, since there is already enough of it around. Also, if there could be a planet where Darwin World's rules could be used, that would be nice.
    Last edited by Turanil; Tuesday, 20th June, 2006 at 06:25 AM.

Novice (Lvl 1)

3765 East Michillinda, Twin Lake, MI 49457
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Peterson

Friend+
    Blood & Circuits: Starships? (What? Someone had to say it. although I AM serious.)

Peterson

I don't know if there is any relationship between RPGobjects and RPGnow, and this is a small comment, but I've been spending a lot of time shuffling through PDFs over at the latter, and I have a small comment.

I'm contemplating a big purchase right now, and there are some things I simply can't afford right now. I am very grateful for the Wish List feature, and sometimes I move items out of my cart and onto my Wish List for later.

Unfortunately, when something is in your cart, the site doesn't allow you to add it to your Wish List. You have to remove it from your cart, then add it to your list. I would like it if you could add it to your Wish List, and then remove it from your cart, because that would be a 2-step process, instead of Remove -> Back up -> Wish List.

Small comment, and probably nobody noticed that but me.

Also, I wanted to say that I appreciate the fact that adding something to your Wish List opens up another window, instead of taking you in your primary window to the Wish List.

You would think I would have noticed that I could actually add things from the cart to the Wish List while I was actually in the cart.

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterson
    Blood & Circuits: Starships? (What? Someone had to say it. although I AM serious.)
    Blood & Space 2: Starship Construction Manual is the extension of the Blood & Circuits system to starships.

Personally, I've been meaning for a while to post something to the effect that I wish RPGObjects would do for the Creature Factory what they did for gadgets. I find that the d20 Modern Core Book gives only the broadest idea how to assign CR to custom creatures or Level Adjustment to custom races.

Also, something that would mesh the computer creation rules in Blood & Circuits with the VRNet rules would be swell.

Novice (Lvl 1)

3765 East Michillinda, Twin Lake, MI 49457
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Peterson

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Angel
    Blood & Space 2: Starship Construction Manual is the extension of the Blood & Circuits system to starships.
    Yeah, I know. I got it. And, while its not bad, it...doesn't fix my problem. I need a complete overhaul/redesign of how d20 Modern handles Starships (especially the construction).

Truth be told, I wouldn't have actually stated this request (since its not a request for the community at large, but rather my own selfish desires), but blame Chuck. I do.

HE said "If YOU were MY boss for the day...", which I naturally took to mean that he wanted me to provide selfish requests.

Heh. So I'm tired. What's new?

Peterson

Yeah, I know. I got it. And, while its not bad, it...doesn't fix my problem. I need a complete overhaul/redesign of how d20 Modern handles Starships (especially the construction).
    I had hoped they'd do something more like the original Blood & Space, but I can see why they'd want to stick to d20 Future's mechanics. As someone mentioned when I groused about this before, there is still Blood & Space out there.

HE said "If YOU were MY boss for the day...", which I naturally took to mean that he wanted me to provide selfish requests.
    Be as selfish as you want

My main goal for the thread is just to listen. I will say that several of the ideas brought up in this thread have been discussed before, but mostly I just want a feel for what people want. Modern is a mature system now, so in some ways things are a little murkier than they once were.

For example, when I first got my pre-release copy of the rules, I knew right away the game was screaming for a tomb raider/indiana jones setting and a martial arts book and I did them quick.

For awhile I watched almost a little puzzled that no one had done a pulp book or series and was just about to do one myself when Gareth stepped up to the plate, which meant I didn't have to.

I always looked at Modern sort of like I was a line editor for the world's biggest RPG company. I look at what's out there, regardless of who makes it and try to figure out if it meets the needs of folks running modern games.

These days (now that I've done a time travel book anyway) there's nothing that screams "the game as a whole MUST have a supplement devoted to this".

And looking at the responses (which have been very interesting) one of the things I'm seeing is that maybe I need to return to some of my babies and give them some additional TLC.

Ok... I'll go back to lurking now

Chuck

I honestly love your historical setting books. Legends of Excalibur and Legends of the Samurai sit proudly on my shelf. I also love Legends of Sorcery, which I think is the way D20 magick should be run.

if I had my way, I would love to see you do more mythic real world settings: India, China, Arabia, Mesoamerica, Russia and/or Dark Age Eastern Europe(Wallachia), Viking, etc.

Unless it was sales, i don't know why you stopped making these because they were awesome.

Razuur

Blood and Sickle - A complete guide to the OTHER side of the cold war.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block (Psi)SeveredHead

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance
    Pretend you owned RPGObjects. I work for you, Im on salary and can design anything you desire (god this makes it sound good to be Chris doesn't it).

What would YOU want me to work on?
    Adventures with at least six encounters each.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block jaerdaph

Friend+
    Blood and Gaslight: Victorian Roleplaying. Maybe include three campaign models: Consulting Detectives, Victorian Gothic Horror, and Her Majesty's Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Razuur
    Unless it was sales, i don't know why you stopped making these because they were awesome.
    Well, I have done Legends of the Koryo Empire (a mini book focused on Korea), Protect the Master (a mini-adventure), Legends of the Dark Ages, Hamlet of Iona (a location/adventure sourcebook for LoDark Ages) and Legends of Sorcery since LoSamurai (although none of those books were printed- they're electronic only at the moment).

Speaking of Legends of Sorcery, that was actually a maneuver designed to allow us to do more legends books at a faster pace.

The big dilemma with Legends books is the time. That research is a huge time sink, so we started to look at ways to shave time off mechanically (since the research is what it is and isn't going anywhere).

So the idea for Legends of sorcery was to be the magic book for all the future Legends books.

Since we alternate between Legends and Modern, after LoSorcery I banged the modern monkey for a bit.

Currently I'm doing the second of two full-length Modern adventures for gencon, but after that another legends book becomes top priority (legends of the roman empire in this case).

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Bobitron

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph
    Blood and Gaslight: Victorian Roleplaying. Maybe include three campaign models: Consulting Detectives, Victorian Gothic Horror, and Her Majesty's Army.
    That sounds great to me, too. Keep the quality on par with B&G and LoSamurai and I'm in.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block jaerdaph

Friend+
    If I were Peterson's boss at Sleep Dep for a day, I'd tell him to get the next installment of Heap's SFX Skills out yesterday....

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Crothian

Friend+
    Blood and Noir: a guide to Noir style gaming.

Blood and Pulp: Guide to Pulp style gaming

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply