RPGObjects: Boss for a day

Johnny Angel

Explorer
Peterson said:
Yeah, I know. I got it. And, while its not bad, it...doesn't fix my problem. I need a complete overhaul/redesign of how d20 Modern handles Starships (especially the construction).

I had hoped they'd do something more like the original Blood & Space, but I can see why they'd want to stick to d20 Future's mechanics. As someone mentioned when I groused about this before, there is still Blood & Space out there.

Vigilance

Explorer
Peterson said:
HE said "If YOU were MY boss for the day...", which I naturally took to mean that he wanted me to provide selfish requests. ;)

Be as selfish as you want ;)

My main goal for the thread is just to listen. I will say that several of the ideas brought up in this thread have been discussed before, but mostly I just want a feel for what people want. Modern is a mature system now, so in some ways things are a little murkier than they once were.

For example, when I first got my pre-release copy of the rules, I knew right away the game was screaming for a tomb raider/indiana jones setting and a martial arts book and I did them quick.

For awhile I watched almost a little puzzled that no one had done a pulp book or series and was just about to do one myself when Gareth stepped up to the plate, which meant I didn't have to.

I always looked at Modern sort of like I was a line editor for the world's biggest RPG company. I look at what's out there, regardless of who makes it and try to figure out if it meets the needs of folks running modern games.

These days (now that I've done a time travel book anyway) there's nothing that screams "the game as a whole MUST have a supplement devoted to this".

And looking at the responses (which have been very interesting) one of the things I'm seeing is that maybe I need to return to some of my babies and give them some additional TLC.

Ok... I'll go back to lurking now ;)

Chuck

Razuur

First Post
I honestly love your historical setting books. Legends of Excalibur and Legends of the Samurai sit proudly on my shelf. I also love Legends of Sorcery, which I think is the way D20 magick should be run.

if I had my way, I would love to see you do more mythic real world settings: India, China, Arabia, Mesoamerica, Russia and/or Dark Age Eastern Europe(Wallachia), Viking, etc.

Unless it was sales, i don't know why you stopped making these because they were awesome.

Razuur

Vigilance said:
Pretend you owned RPGObjects. I work for you, Im on salary and can design anything you desire (god this makes it sound good to be Chris doesn't it).

What would YOU want me to work on?

Adventures with at least six encounters each.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Blood and Gaslight: Victorian Roleplaying. Maybe include three campaign models: Consulting Detectives, Victorian Gothic Horror, and Her Majesty's Army. :)

Vigilance

Explorer
Razuur said:
Unless it was sales, i don't know why you stopped making these because they were awesome.

Well, I have done Legends of the Koryo Empire (a mini book focused on Korea), Protect the Master (a mini-adventure), Legends of the Dark Ages, Hamlet of Iona (a location/adventure sourcebook for LoDark Ages) and Legends of Sorcery since LoSamurai (although none of those books were printed- they're electronic only at the moment).

Speaking of Legends of Sorcery, that was actually a maneuver designed to allow us to do more legends books at a faster pace.

The big dilemma with Legends books is the time. That research is a huge time sink, so we started to look at ways to shave time off mechanically (since the research is what it is and isn't going anywhere).

So the idea for Legends of sorcery was to be the magic book for all the future Legends books.

Since we alternate between Legends and Modern, after LoSorcery I banged the modern monkey for a bit.

Currently I'm doing the second of two full-length Modern adventures for gencon, but after that another legends book becomes top priority (legends of the roman empire in this case).

Bobitron

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
Blood and Gaslight: Victorian Roleplaying. Maybe include three campaign models: Consulting Detectives, Victorian Gothic Horror, and Her Majesty's Army. :)

That sounds great to me, too. Keep the quality on par with B&G and LoSamurai and I'm in.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
If I were Peterson's boss at Sleep Dep for a day, I'd tell him to get the next installment of Heap's SFX Skills out yesterday.... ;)

:)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases