My 8-Year Old Son is not allowed to play in a gameday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebeetle

Explorer
Private email conversation and email addresses removed from public forum.

Firebeetle, if you want to rephrase your issue in general terms and without using specifics (people/places), please feel free to do so - you could still have a good conversation about the issue without airing any dirty linen.

- Plane Sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanMcS

Explorer
It's extraordinarily rude to post private emails without the permission of the people you've been talking to. It's also a rediculous way of throwing a tantrum because you didn't get your way. You've been given an answer, you didn't like it, so you start trying to drag people through the mud until you get your way? Shameful.

danzig138

Explorer
My first thought is that I hope you informed these individuals that you would be posting their correspondance on the net in a public forum. Otherwise, it seems like bad form.

My second thought is eh, what's the RPGA guy going to do? I don't know what kind of authority thay have, but I'm guessing it's not a lot ultimately. So I see no problem on his end.

As for the first guy, maybe he doesn't like kids. Maybe he thinks that while you are allowed to raise your son in whatever manner you see fit, he doesn't want to be held responsible if something should happen to upset your boy. Perhaps he's worried that your son would be exposed to things that might upset him,and then you'd attempt to take it out on the store owner.

I know that I wouldn't let an 8-year old game around my group if I didn't know the kid and the parents. I wouldn't let my 12-year old game in my group, and I know him and me.

I can see everyone's point in this, and while it does kind of suck for you, I can't say that anyone here is in the wrong. Sucks all around I say.

qstor

Adventurer
hexgrid said:
I personally wouldn't want to game with an 8 year old.

I've run RPGA games for young kids. I have to say that its not everyone's cup of tea but that's up to the players at the table. There's RPGA intro to D&D games at GenCon I'm sure your 8 year old son would fit in well with those RPGA games. I'm sorry the guys conduct left a "bad taste" in your mouth.

Mike

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I can understand all sides of the arguement, and do not think any one is right or wrong. In terms of conflict resolution, I would suggest (and perhaps Mr. Richards could help in this, I don't know), that someone running an RPGA event were to feel, for very legitimate reasons, that inclusion of young children would be problematic at the events, the person could run seperate events, ones that are open to older players only (Rated PG-13 or R?) and others that are listed as open, perhaps with the caveat that children under a certain age must be chaperoned by a parent or guardian.

I don't know what the rules are for running RPGA events, and I honestly don't know what kind of investment it takes to put one on or the ROI of an event, but to me this seems win-win. Older gamers who want more mature games can play at one event, and a newer generation of gamers (who likely will soon have disposable income) can play at another.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Firebeetle,

It is indeed, unacceptably rude to air private email conversations like this in public without the permission of the other party. I'm going to edit your post and close this thread.

However, if you want to rephrase your issue in general terms and without using specifics (people/places), please feel free to do so - you could still have a good conversation about the issue without airing any dirty linen.

Regards

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases