First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

DerHauptman said:
Jik'tu looks a little puzzled...

Um...what do a "cravter" do?

Be it some kinds of magic?

I only knows fighter, healer and magic people,

dat dos da ventures.

S'time you bees used some big words fur Jik'tu.

You do dat ta makes fun ur whut?

No jokes intended my friend, Cepheus is obviously a little worried the big Orc may decide to have some fun with him. By crafter I mean that I make weapons and armor. Cepheus takes a drink while watching Jik'tus expression.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Private Room =-=-=-
"Perfect, but first, only three of you will perform tonight, the otehr six will be next two night." Reynold take a sack and show you nine little pieces of wood, same size, but all written with ink. Each see his name on one piece. He put all of them in teh sac and draw the first one. "Octavio Amontillado". He then pull a second. "Semabin ai Harudan". He pull a last one. "Kwella ai Najib. That will be our three contestant for tonight. Octavio, prepare yourself, you will start in twenty minutes."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Heckler, do it when you want.[/SBLOCK]

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu grins at Cepheus, exposing his tusks and teeth fully. Whe he grins widely the cruel scar over his eye stretches and reveals a good deal of the yellowed and very bloodshot "white" of his eye.

Jik'tu jus have fun on you dere...

You are seemed ok wif me,

mebe somedays you makes me some armors.

You knows, you don seem to ker dat Jik'tu come from da high race.

Moz peoples seem skert somtimes.

We shud work on some venture a gin.

I watch you.

Yous keep me ok wif da oder peoples.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus

Cepheus seems a little relieved that Jik'tu is joking with him. Perhaps after this tournament I can make something for you. If we are to adventure together it will help me as well because it is never good to have the healer be injured.

For now we should find a suitable bet to fatten our pouches some more.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu slaps Cepheus on the back vigorusly...then noticing how hard he hit his little buddy.

Duhhhh, sorry Cepheus forget s'times dat you small.

That represents the third time in his life Jik'tu has ever appologized for anything. He must respect Cepheus a good deal.

Um, ok den whut bout dis silly contest in here,

kin we get some bets ur scams going wif someuns in here.

You tells Jik'tu whut to say and I doos it fur you.

Jik'tu holds open his purse for Cepheus to see (about 105gp).

Dis whut Jik'tu haves kin we make golds off dem peoples in here.

BigB

First Post
DerHauptman said:
Jik'tu slaps Cepheus on the back vigorusly...then noticing how hard he hit his little buddy.

Duhhhh, sorry Cepheus forget s'times dat you small.

That represents the third time in his life Jik'tu has ever appologized for anything. He must respect Cepheus a good deal.

Um, ok den whut bout dis silly contest in here,

kin we get some bets ur scams going wif someuns in here.

You tells Jik'tu whut to say and I doos it fur you.

Jik'tu holds open his purse for Cepheus to see (about 105gp).

Dis whut Jik'tu haves kin we make golds off dem peoples in here.

That may be more than you want to risk over this competition. Performances are in the hands of the judges. We just need to find someone that is looking to give us their money.

Cepheus begins scanning the crowd for people discussing the competition or making bets or just someone that looks willing to make a bet.

Velmont

First Post
Cepheus scan the people around. The crowd here doesn't seems quite the same than teh one in teh arena. They seems more refined, more rich. Good prospect for betting, but Cepheus think it will also be harder to find someone willing to bet. Also, the performance contest is on three night and the ressult will only be known on the day three, so the profit will not be as immediate as the joust.

But among the crowd, he spots a man that seems more willing than the other, a rich human man who is sitting alone at a table, taking some wine and cheese.

DerHauptman

First Post
Jik'tu sees his freind staring at someone...

So, you gots some idears dere yet?

You knows, dis bees kinda funs.

Not as fun as squishing some emenies and drinks dere bloods

but it bees some quiet funs like when we throws scraps to some orclings

an sit en watch dem fights fur it.

One dat wins is always serprized and bloody but happy.

Heckler

First Post
OOC: Sorry to be holding things up, but being overworked and understaffed over the holiday=crazystresstime for Heckler. I'll be doing my lil' song and dance in the next day or two.

Heckler

First Post
Before going out, Octavio takes the ring from Reynold and puts it on.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," Octavio announces as he struts into the performance area. "My name is Octavio Amontillado, and as the first contestant, it falls to me to welcome you to the Winged Flute and the performance portion of the tournament. Over the next few days, you will see and hear many splendid acts, but while we are here to perform for you, do not neglect the opportunity to enjoy one another's company. We are all friends here, and there is precious little in this world more dear than friendship. So bartender, fetch me a drink! I wish to drink a toast with my new friends, here. You will take a glass with me, won't you?" Octavio then starts strumming a jaunty little tune on his banjo, leading into the following song:

[sblock="We'll take a glass together"]
We'll take a glass, together.
In celebration of our meeting.
In celebration of our being face to face.
Friendly!
Civilized!
Members of the race!

I'll drink to you.
You'll drink to me.
I'm sure that you
Could find no finer company.

And we will lift it to the good life.
And as we're lifting it,
We will most sincerely say,
Prosit!
Your health, Sir!
Salute!
And Skal!
Nostrovia!
A votre sante!
For one brief moment in this cold and careless day,
We'll take a glass, together!

I'll drink to you.
Then vice verse.
I'm sure it's true,
Things may seem bad but could be worse.

We'll ask no why or whether.
We'll spend each moment as it moves us.
Come, come my comrades,
Sip the sweet nectar of the day,
Sherry!
Compari!
Dwarf Ale!
Chartreuse!
A Cognac!
An Absinthe frappe!
For one more moment in a world gone cold and crass,
We'll take a glass, together!

And we will lift it to the good life.
And as we're lifting it,
We will most sincerely say,
Prosit!
Your health, Sir!
Salute!
And Skal!
Nostrovia!
A Votre Sante!
For one more moment in this cold and careless day...
We'll take a glass,
We'll take a glass,
We'll take a glaaass, tooo-daay![/sblock]

Octavio will pause to soak up the applause and bow to the crowd. As the applause starts to die down, he sets his banjo aside as he continues, "For my second performance tonight, I thought it would be fun to show you a bit of swordplay." He will then draw his rapier and strike a classic fencing stance, and begin to duel an imaginary opponent. He will take the fight all over the bar, jumping on tables, swinging from rafters and whatever else he can manage. He will end the fight where he began it, spitting his opponent on his rapier. He will then salute the audience with his rapier before sheathing it, collect his banjo and cross to Reynold, waiting to return the ring.

ooc: If you feel additional skill checks are needed for the swordplay: Balance+7, Bluff+6, Climb+1, Jump+5, Tumble+7

I assume the song is a standard, so it is a strait untrained Preform: accompanied song check:2+2=4

[sblock=In case you need it: Perform Gladitorial]
Perform (Gladitorial)
This use of the perform skill differs from the standard sub skills in a few ways.

Class Skill
In addition to those classes normally having perform as a class skill, Perform (Gladitorial) is available as a class skill to fighters and barbarians.

Number of Performers
Attempting to use Perform (Gladitorial) as a single performer (such as through weapon drills or sword dances) incurs a -5 penalty to the check.
Two performers working together can either use the aid another maneuver (if they are playing out a mock battle with a predetermined winner) or make opposed checks (or a series of opposed checks) to determine the outcome of a stylish and non-lethal competition.
A performer attempting to simultaneously make a gladitorial performance and engage in a lethal battle (whether it is against another gladiator or a non-performing opponent) takes a -1 penalty to all attack rolls and to AC as she must balance effectiveness with entertainment.

Synergy
A character with 5 ranks in Perform (Gladitorial) gains a +2 bonus to intimidate checks to demoralize an opponent.

Bardic Music
As a non-auditory performance, Perform (Gladitorial) cannot be used to activate a bardic music ability.

Circumstance Bonuses
Factors which give static bonuses to attack rolls (such as masterwork or magical weapons, weapon focus feats etc) add the same bonus to Perform (Gladitorial) checks. Temporary or variable factors to attack rolls (such as spells, Power Attack or Two-Weapon Fighting) have no effect on the perform check.
[/sblock]

The swordplay was original, and largely improvised, so rolling the PER+INT check gets me 16+8=24 for a modifier of +4.

So I believe the total modifiers look like this:
PER:GLAD single performer mod -5
STR(Circ Bonus above) +1
PER/INT roll +4
Ranks +4
CHA +2
Total:+6

final roll 8+6=14

Barring DM circumstance bonuses, Octavio has 4+14=18 total for the prelims.

Last edited:

Remove ads