Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Lot

First Post
Rudiot Gorv is the trader running the mekillot caravan on route from Urik. Rudiot Gorv is a freelance mekillot teamster, hiring transportation for merchants whom have no desire to finance their own transportation. He also trades in obsidian and iron on a small-scale between Urik and Tyr. His small enclosed wagon is drawn by one of the large, tortoise-like mekillots and it carries large stores of good Urik wine, as well as smaller urns of rare spices for the Thyrzan Trading House of Tyr. About a dozen crodlu outsiders circle around the slow-moving wagon, patrolling for any signs of bandits and search the horizon for hostile weather. About twenty guards march with the wagon, often taking breaks to ride on the wagon. These guards second as laborers, constantly and reluctantly setting up tents and accomplishing any necessary heavy-lifting. A handful of merchants have paid for space on the wagon to travel and carry their wares. Another half dozen ride their own inixes, traveling with the caravan for protection.

The trip has been unevenful so far. The caravan is currently three days out of Urik on the well-worn road from Urik. The wagon is expected to reach the oasis known as Silver Spring to the south in another two days or so. The wagon has finished packing up the various tent and prepared the animals for moving just as the sun reaches the horizon. Rudiot, as usual, hopes to cover as much ground before midday, when the caravan usually breaks for several hours and waits out the worst of the day's heat. The crimson sun is just beginning to reflect off the cracked, orange stony barren ground that stretches off in every direction.

Late yesterday, the elven tribe called the Rockswift caught up with the caravan have decide to travel with them for a few days until they reach Silver Spring. Rudiot seems receptive to it, despite that these elves ensure that his guards will waste most of their wages on cheap elven goods and cheaper elven wine. His reasoning that these elves cannot cheat him worse than Silver Hand elves whom run the Silver Spring and maybe these Rockswift will provide him with some trade opportunities before they reach Tyr and Tyr's harsh import taxes. Another unusual happening is the inclusion of two pterrans into the caravan, whom they encountered a day outside of Urik. While unusual to see, they two of them have not caused any trouble; unlike one of the other pterrans whom broke one of his guard's jaw in a fight. The final strange event was the half-giant guard whom went berserk during a dice game and killed one of his outriders. At least that beast will bring good coin when he gets sold to the Tyr colliseum.

Players start wherever they like in this context.

Bront

The man with the probe
Darkclaw walks with Erianna, as he often does since the fight with one of the other guards. "I worry about poor Ugg. The pits are not a place I would wish on anyone," he says, rubbing a memorable scar by one of the stubs

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna tries to keep what comfort she can in this highly uncomfortable situation. She tries to keep out of the blazing sun by staying in the cover of shade, and she fights a losing battle to keep herself looking presentable despite the heat and the sweat and the sand...She doesn't really have a particular reason to look presentable, but she just thinks she should. Whenever the wagons aren't too bumpy, she tries to meditate and follow the teachings of the Way, and this helps her block out the heat to some extent. Whenever she catches sight of her pterran friend, she makes sure to wave to him and give him a smile. She isn't sure if Pterrans share the same body language as humans, but she imagines she will be understood. Always best to keep up with friends when you can, especially in the middle of the wilderness, where anything can happen, and a beast of a half-giant could break out at any moment and go on a killing rampage. Erianna considers it insane of the caravan owner to keep the thing along, but she keeps her sentiment to herself. He may be clearly inferior to a follower of the Way and a scion of the Thyrzan Merchant House when they are in Tyr, but out in the wilds, he is in charge, and Erianna is willing to respect that authority for the moment.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Is that his name?" Erianna replies, sighing slightly, "I'll agree that the pits are a cruel mistress, but honestly, he's a murderous beast. He's already killed an innocent guard, and if a templar even cared to do it, they could surely sentence him to death for that. If he goes free, I fear his murderous streak may lead to his demise..."

"Really, I feel bad for him, but there doesn't seem to be a good solution one way or the other."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Violence begets violence," Darkclaw sighs. "Sometimes the Templars aren't always right. They could have tried to put me back in the pits for what I did to that guard earlier, but they won't. I just wish I could do something to help the poor guy."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna laughs.*

"Only sometimes? The Templars are only ever right insomuch as they make the law, my friend. They can hold an innocent man in prison at their whims and strip his property, all with the authority of their Dragon King. Of course, out here, a Templar has no power over anyone, unless he can intimidate them into fear with threats of what he'll do when he returns to his own city-state."

"Half-giants...they emulate the people they respect, right? I don't know if I would be willing to risk being cleaved in twain with a single sweep of the thing's hand, but you are strong, strong enough to match it with the augmentations of the Way. Perhaps it would be safe for you to befriend it and teach it the discipline that comes with inner peace?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Darkclaw nods, "I can only hope, for his sake." He says, looking back at the large man in chains.

-------

Darkclaw slowly falls back to walk beside the huge man in chains, "How goes it Ugg? I hope the heat's been bearable for you."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The breaky lines means you're talking to both of us at once by splitting it over time, I assume :))

"So, you know, you never told me why you decided to come along with this caravan Darkclaw. I'd like to hear more about you."

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Yup :)

"Tis my first job as a free being, and the Caravan seemed safer. The sands must have favored me to meet the first Pterrans I've seen in a long, long time," Darkclaw says, letting the tail end of that trail off for a moment.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Perhaps. I'll admit that we do have an unusually high number of Pterrans here. I am just glad to meet a fellow practitioner of the Way. We may be Human and Pterran and thus born in two separate worlds, but I feel I share more in common with you than with the other crude and oafish fellow Humans here. So you were a slave before...I guess they made you fight in the pits and that is part of the reason why you feel sorry for the half-giant? It isn't right, for those corrupt weaklings to hold a practitioner of the Way like that against his will."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases