Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I have no clue how to make it, actually, but I know where to buy some in Tyr. Don't hold me to this because I'm not completely certain, but I am rather sure it doesn't come from just any shrub, but rather specific leaves."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Realy? How odd," says Darkclaw. "I guess I have much to learn. I look forward to trying this tea."

Darkclaw pulls out a waterskin and offers Erianna a drink, "It's not tea, but it might help. You look like the sun does not agree with you."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna smiles and takes a sip.*

"Thanks, Darkclaw. Yes, the sun and I have not been able to reconcile our differences thus far. Though it is useful to keep warm at night, sometimes I wish I was cold-blooded like you Pterrans so that the heat would be what warmed me up and made me feel comfortable. It seems so much more practical in a desert, I guess. What do you think?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I suppose. It is interesting though. Of all the creatures of Athas, for our size we humans are by far the weakest and clumsiest. The way we stand makes us more likely to choke and trip than most animals, and we have some of the least acute senses. Why were we chosen then, among all the other animals?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"But you have the greatest tool of all, the gift of thought. I guess the Earthmother likes balance in all forms. Much like how we Pterrans once had wings, and the Earthmother had them removed for whatever reason. Sometimes it's best to not question such things, and simply accept that they are."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I suppose so. Another thing that human and pterrans share that the other animals do not have is the power that comes from understanding the Way...but we also have the capacity to do great harm through the practise of arcane magic. What would Athas be like, do you think, if humans, and pterrans, and elves, and all the rest had never come to be? Or is that something else that we should not think about?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"That's a question I'd rather not ponder the answer to. We can only care for the Athas as the Earthmother might want us to, and hope she continues to care for us."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Bront said:
"That's a question I'd rather not ponder the answer to. We can only care for the Athas as the Earthmother might want us to, and hope she continues to care for us."

Attracted to the Pteran an the Psion chatting in front of the Half Giant, Curvik listens to their conversation from a distance. In a most silent way, he strolls along, appearing to Darkclaw and Erianna almost out of no-where.

"Philosophizing in the desert...one of my favorite activities in the warmest hours of the day." He says, looking at the chained half-giant. His words were mostly intended for the Human and the Pterran.

"Greetings, I am Curvic the Elf. I apologize for intruding but I overhead your discussion. It's hard to find enlightened folks this deep in the desert, and I was hoping I may join you." The elf bows slightly.

"Poor brute!" he says with a sigh, looking at the half giant. "the worse of it is that we may be better off having him unshackled, if the varavan ever were to get attacked."

OCC: [sblock=Lot]What's the relationship between the Rockswift and the Silver Spring tribes? Are they allies, ennemies, long time trading partners?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Steve--we actually aren't talking in front of the half-giant. Erianna doesn't want to get near him. Bront also started talking to Ugg with the ----- to indicate it takes place later ;) Now worries though :))

"Aww now, where's your intellectual curiosity, my friend? It's just a hypothetical."

"Greetings, I am Curvic the Elf. I apologize for intruding but I overhead your discussion. It's hard to find enlightened folks this deep in the desert, and I was hoping I may join you."

"To find enlightenment, one must first seek enlightenment. I suggest studying the Way."

"Curvic, you say? Aren't you connected with the Templars?"

(OOC: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty roll-->24)

"Mayhap you could use your influence to have him released when the time comes, but I fear we risk having to battle a combined force of assailants and a rampaging giant if our luck is poor."

Remove ads