Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Aww now, where's your intellectual curiosity, my friend? It's just a hypothetical."
"In the pits, there was only what is that you need worry about. You learn to accept things."
Rystil Arden said:
"To find enlightenment, one must first seek enlightenment. I suggest studying the Way."

"Curvic, you say? Aren't you connected with the Templars?"

(OOC: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty roll-->24)

"Mayhap you could use your influence to have him released when the time comes, but I fear we risk having to battle a combined force of assailants and a rampaging giant if our luck is poor."
"I think perhaps he only needs guidance. Perhaps I can offer some to make such things easier," Darkclaw says, noding to the Elf and Erianna before he slowly drops back towards the half-giant. He does size up the elf as he does so.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"In the pits, there was only what is that you need worry about. You learn to accept things."

"Ah, but you are a free man...err Pterran now. That means that you can discuss the heady nature of the universe while pursuing the Way along with me now. I don't know about you, but I find it to be a fun way to distract myself from the heat."

"I think perhaps he only needs guidance. Perhaps I can offer some to make such things easier,"

"I agree. I just hope it is safe, my friend...And remember: No matter how well you have trained and befriended him, you can never let your guard down because he may relapse into a murderous rage, no matter how unlikey the chance."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"I agree. I just hope it is safe, my friend...And remember: No matter how well you have trained and befriended him, you can never let your guard down because he may relapse into a murderous rage, no matter how unlikey the chance."
"I will. I don't intend to cut my time in the sands short."

As Darkclaw drops back, the air around him shimmers slightly.

OOC: Intertial armor manifest with 1 PP, should last for 3 hours.

Voadam

Legend
jkason said:
The fin on the back of Quaketongue's head quivers slightly as he speaks.

"It's so odd to me, Heartseer," he confesses in Pterran. "We've found this wayward cousin, and even joined this ... traveling market the mammals have devised. Yet Darkclaw seems still drawn to the human. And now look, he's even decided to take up the company of the half-giant."

Quaketongue cocks his head as he turns more fully to his clansman. "Do you think he prefers the dangerous company, or is he avoiding us?"

Heartseer responds with telepathic sendings to his companion

"He has been among only others for many, many years. It was only recently he regained his freedom as a gladiator fighter and my thoughts are that he feels empathy for the half-giant who will be sold into that same life. He has known himself as the only pterran among others and has learned to be comfortable among them. Our presence does change that dynamic and self identity for him. So he is avoiding us a little but it is an understandable reaction. We just need to give him space to be comfortable with his own kind again."

As Eriana waves a friendly human greeting at him Heartseer immediately expends his psionic focus and maps her gesture and body language to the scintillations of her aura picking up the nuances of her non-pterran actions. Understanding comes easily though the customs are pleasantly odd and he is delighted to note the differences from Pterran culture and psionic auras. He returns the gesture and mimics some of the body language pulling his scaled lips back from his fangs as he returns her wave with a clawed hand.

The gesture comes out slightly off in a reptilian way. After seeing the response in her aura and noting the corresponding body language signals, Heartseer focuses internally to restore his focus.

Lot

First Post
Rudiot Gorv comes walking around from the back of the wagon. He is a pudgy man of average height, with a head wrap covering his thinning hair and a long, fine silk robe covering his body. His face is dark and deeply lined from a life walking under the sun. He is yelling at a laborer struggling with collapsed tent.

"Pack it up, already! We should have been moving ten minutes ago!"

He stops short when he sees Darkclaw and Erianna speaking.

"Good morning, Erianna. I hope your night was pleasant. I'd like to apologize for my man getting out of hand. He's new and he won't be working for me again after this trip. I'm sorry I need to keep him on until the end of the journey. We're shorthanded, especially after that incident with the half-giant."

He looks to Darkclaw

"I've never met someone from your race before, and now I have three in my caravan. Anyways, thanks for dealing with that problem. After this trip, if you need employ, I could use a tough brute like yourself. Consider it."

Rudiot takes a step back to address them both.

"Enjoy the trip while it lasts. We're not far from Silver Spring, where the water stinks and the management is even worse. No wonder these Rockswift won't deal with 'em. Rotten elves, these Silver Hand we'll be meeting. Well...I gotta caravan to run. Talk to you later."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna smiles sweetly.*

"No need to worry about that, Master Gorv. If he decides to try again, next time he'll wish Darkclaw pulled him off when he has razor-sharp ectoplasm slashing through his...nether regions."

"These elves don't sound like good hosts--I forget, did we stop here when we came the other direction from Tyr?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Curvic, you say? Aren't you connected with the Templars?"[/color]
(OOC: Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty roll-->24)

"My, you seem to be well informed. It's a pity that the power of information is so much greater in the cities than in the deserts...
To answer your question, I have earned a coin or two from the templars. Trust me, it's always much better to have them on your side."

Rystil Arden said:
"Mayhap you could use your influence to have him released when the time comes, but I fear we risk having to battle a combined force of assailants and a rampaging giant if our luck is poor."

Kurvic smiles at the pterran. "Influence is a relative term. Much like information, my influence, if I had any, holds little ground here." Kurvik turns his head towards Rudiot Gorv who is walking away. "Our caravan captan is no fool though. He'll release the half-giant if the need arises. And as you say, I still wouldn't turn my back on him."

OCC:[sblock=All]OCC: Guys, I'm off on vacation for 1 week and don't know if I'll have internet access. In order not to slow the game down, please put Kurvik on autopilot. I'll do all that I can to check up during the week, but I don't have any guarantees. I'll have access for sure next Saturday. Thanks & cheers! [/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Lot said:
He looks to Darkclaw

"I've never met someone from your race before, and now I have three in my caravan. Anyways, thanks for dealing with that problem. After this trip, if you need employ, I could use a tough brute like yourself. Consider it."
"I hope you don't find me a brute good sir," Darkclaw says, almost apologeticly. "I intend to be only a guard, and disrupt things as little as posable. I hope such an incident need not happen again."

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

As Quaketongue and Heartseer speak, a reddish-brown erdlu strides away from the pack animals and moves in next to Quaketongue, prodding the pterran gently with his head.

"Ready to be moving, are you, Dawnsprint?" Quaketongue says affectionately. He absentmindedly strokes his companion's neck while glancing back to Darkclaw again. Both the elf and the leader of the caravan take their turns visiting with the pterran / human pair, and despite his own assertions to give his new kinsman space, Quaketongue's curiosity gets the better of him. He sends a mental query through the space between them.

Is it you who is so popular, or the human? His mental voice teases.

Remove ads