Dark Sun 3.5 - Trail of the Defiler

Lot

First Post
Bront said:
"What of our current guards? If they are not enough, we may be forced to trust in the Half-giant again. Have you considered that?"

Rudiot finishes chewing, then swallows.

"I've been thinking about that. The half-giant may be very useful if we get in trouble. I've decided to tie him up to the wagon and walk along with us. My cargo hold makes a poor cell anyway. That way, if he needed to get free, we could release him quickly."

Rudiot finishes his meal and pushes his bowl to his slave.

"If there is anything else, please come see me in my chamber. I have to plot our course. I might cut westward and minimize the delay."

He stands to leave.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue, pterran druid

Quaketongue nods to the captain as he stands, though he says nothing more. Instead, he sends a mental query to Darkclaw:

'Are humans always this ... cold, abandoning kinsmen for cargo?'

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Ugg The SkullCrusher

Bront said:
"That's good to hear. You have the caravan worried with your actions the other day. There are talks of you going to the Pits, and trust me my friend, that is not a fate you want," Darkclaw says.

"Ugg sorry. Ugg not mean to scare." As Ugg shifts around in his cell load sounds creaking wood can be heard throughout the room. "Ugg not worried about Pits. Ugg has heard great stories from pits!"

Bront

The man with the probe
Bloodweaver1 said:
"Ugg sorry. Ugg not mean to scare." As Ugg shifts around in his cell load sounds creaking wood can be heard throughout the room. "Ugg not worried about Pits. Ugg has heard great stories from pits!"
"There Pits are a horid place Ugg. Trust me, I was there. Friends laid to rest on the whim of the crowd, your life not in your own hands, and no being should be owned my friend. Tis degrading."

Darkclaw signs and rubs the scar on his shoulder, "I have few good memories from the pits, and they were all taken away from me eventualy. Trust me Ugg, you don't want to go there."

"Ugg, you should look for ways to gain the caravan's trust back. I'm sure you'd rather be free than a slave to the pits. I think it would be an honor to fight by your side here in the desert."

Bront

The man with the probe
jkason said:
Quaketongue nods to the captain as he stands, though he says nothing more. Instead, he sends a mental query to Darkclaw:

'Are humans always this ... cold, abandoning kinsmen for cargo?'
'They confine others to the pits. This does not suprise me. Still, from what I can tell, he is right. Anyone who would leave a caravan out here is likely either already dead or running from something. Their sense of kinsmenship is much different than your.'

Darkclaw nods to Quaketongue

jkason

First Post
Quaketongue Ristu, pterran druid

Bront said:
'They confine others to the pits. This does not suprise me. Still, from what I can tell, he is right. Anyone who would leave a caravan out here is likely either already dead or running from something. Their sense of kinsmenship is much different than your.'

Darkclaw nods to Quaketongue

Quaketongue returns the nod, then switches back to speech.

"In my morning preparations, I shall have to make sure the rituals I prepare are of more martial use, I suspect. Hopefully I'll not need to call upon the Earth Mother to use them."

With that, assuming no one else has questions, Quaketongue finishes his meal and moves off to the shade, Dawnsprint trotting over to settle himself next to his druid companion for a short nap.

Last edited:

Lot

First Post
The caravan starts moving again some time in the late afternoon. The wagon moves off the hard roads and through the unchartered rocky terrain. The ground is pretty flat but the roughness of the terrain slows the caravan slightly. The elves choose to travel with the caravan for the evening and plan to leave the caravan's company at dawn. The trip goes without incident as the sun goes down. As the evening progresses, the mekillot becomes sluggish and obstinate as the warmth of the sun leaves its body. Rudiot calls for a halt and his men begin setting up camp. Meals are less formal then the lunch feast, with mostly cold leftovers being eaten before most people hasten off to bed. Half the guards stay on duty while the others sleep away the first shift. Rudiot is seen to retire to his chamber with the slave whom was serving you today.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Lot said:
The caravan starts moving again some time in the late afternoon. The wagon moves off the hard roads and through the unchartered rocky terrain. The ground is pretty flat but the roughness of the terrain slows the caravan slightly. The elves choose to travel with the caravan for the evening and plan to leave the caravan's company at dawn. The trip goes without incident as the sun goes down. As the evening progresses, the mekillot becomes sluggish and obstinate as the warmth of the sun leaves its body. Rudiot calls for a halt and his men begin setting up camp. Meals are less formal then the lunch feast, with mostly cold leftovers being eaten before most people hasten off to bed. Half the guards stay on duty while the others sleep away the first shift. Rudiot is seen to retire to his chamber with the slave whom was serving you today.

Curvic whatches the desert with a weary eye as the fist guards head to sleep. He put himself relatively close to the half giant, studying the beast. "I hope things are better on the sand than in your cell." He shouts.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Erianna retreats to her tent, quite relieved to be out of the chill night air of the Tablelands. If she spots Darkclaw and he wants to talk, she'll invite him to come chat with her. Otherwise, she will meditate on the discipline of the Way.*

Remove ads