The Game of Kings OOC

Bront

The man with the probe
Ringmereth said:
Bront: both your concepts are sound, and either one could fit in, though if forced to pick I'd suggest playing Carver. If you'd rather play Vander, I'm sure we could write a small variation on the fighter to get you your skill options--though I'd take a look at the Swashbuckler class and see if it's not a better fit.

Velmont: sounds like a good start; we'll examine your full background when it's posted.

Deuce Traveler: I don't own the PBH II, but I have heard good things about it, and the Beguiler sounds like a good fit for the game. I might get my hands on a copy sometime soon, but if not, a monk is perfectly acceptable.
I'll do Carver then. Vander is a Tank, so Swashbuckler doesn't quite work.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Bront said:
I'll do Carver then. Vander is a Tank, so Swashbuckler doesn't quite work.

Bront, if you are going the artificier route while I take a beguiler, and both of us are selected, we should probably discuss who will be the trap springer and who will put points elsewhere.

Bront

The man with the probe
My initial version of Carver was not a very good trap springer, and he's probably more oblivios than anything else. (5th level character who had 4 ranks in search and disable). I can probably put a few more in there, and leave lock springing to you if you want, or you can do all the trap springing. He needs at least craft weapons and armor, UMD, KN: Arcana, and some spellcraft (and 1 rank in craft woodworking), so he's flexable after that. I'm fairly flexable, and it's not a bad idea for both of us to be somewhat capable of it.

Ringmereth, can we get some character creation rules so those of us who are approved can get creating?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
With an artificer, a warlock w/ UMD isn't as strickly needed. But a face can be, and warlocks can be a good face (though they lack diplomacy as a class skill).

Duece, was your beguiler also planning to be a face?

stonegod

I've been playing with my warlock kobold concept some more, and here is what I have come put with:

Vhir was always an odd one in his kobold tribe. For one thing, there was the coloring---a dusky, midnight blue the color of Khyber. Secondly, there was always an odd smell around him. To kobolds, the smell of home was that of confort, of tribe, of stability. But Vhir smelled... wrong. His was not quite the stench of the irvhir, the hated kobold-kin that claimed descent from the Dragon Below, but an aroma that was... unsettling. It was this scent that earned him the name Vhir---he smelled like "One Below".

The blood seers were unquiet around Vhir, but, since he was so obviously marked by The One Between, the seers had little choice but to raise them as one of their own. But it was poor going---though Vhir's mind was sharp, he could not master the sorcerous ways of his kin. Occasionaly, however, strange things would happen---rocks shatter, smaller kobolds occasionally going made, that sort of thing---when Vhir was around. Over time, the blood seers became convinced that Vhir was not touched by The One Between, but The One Below---Khyber.

Thus, Vhir found himself exiled, left abandoned in the mountains of Zilargo. Unluckily for him, these were the Seawell mountains---and he chose the Darguun side to desend. Needless to say, when the bugbear slavers tried to take him, it was not pleasant. He managed to slay two of them which his gifts of Khyber, but there were too many. He was a slave.

A year passed. Vhir was passed from master to master. Transitions happened so often since odd things kept occuring when Vhir was around---madness, swarms of bugs, that sort of thing. None could point at the kobold directly, but they knew he was responsible somehow. Others tried to kill him several times, but, by this time, Vhir had learned to ingratiate himself, and always had someone bigger and meaner looking out for him. Eventually, when his last master died---it was never quite discovered how---Vhir was "free." As free as a frailing looking kobold could be in a nation of strength and barbarism.

Vhir had learned much in his time, enough to know that Darguun was not the place to be. Also, enough to know about a place he could get lost, and never worry about such brutality again. Sharn. And thus, he hid himself in the first transport to the City of Towers. There, he could find misfits like himself and patrons who could benefit from his... abilities.
Vhir's actual abilities are a bit flexible; as pointed out above, he can be a UMD master, a face, or something else depending on skill and invocation selection.

As I said, I have several other concepts if you don't care for kobolds or warlocks. Just let me know.

Ringmereth

First Post
Deuce: go ahead with the concept; I'll pick up the PHBII at some point and make sure the class is acceptable, but for the moment it sounds just fine.

Shayuri: I like the potential two warforged with very different outlooks bring, and as you said, no offensive caster has been submitted yet.

stonegod: you're welcome to play a kobold. However, two casters have already been submitted that seem to cover the roles you're looking at. I like the concept and the reason why Vhir is seperated from his tribe, though, and if you'd like to play him your background looks solid.

MadMaxim: I like the story behind your potential character a lot, and you're right--it does fit Eberron well. However, I just haven't heard good things about Tome of Magic, and we have no particular interest in picking it up. Feel free to submit another concept. At the moment, no tanks or healers (besides Bront's Vander) have been submitted...

Bront: no official list of accepted characters will be made until the 1st. If you'd like to write up a character sheet in the meantime, submit it in the format in sblocks above. Character creation rules are listed under "Character Creation" (naturally enough), but to summarize:

-ECL 4
-33 point buy (plus one ability bonus from 4th level)
-Full HP at 1st level and 3/4ths at each level thereafter
-5400 gp starting funds
-A number of houserules (under "Modifications" above) are in place regarding races, classes, abilities, etc--check them before you submit your sheet.

Bront

The man with the probe
Any chance I could use my normal format? I'm generaly more comfortable with that. I'll live otherwise.

and I'll draw it up, or at least what I can. It will give me something to do :)

stonegod

Ringmereth said:
stonegod: you're welcome to play a kobold. However, two casters have already been submitted that seem to cover the roles you're looking at. I like the concept and the reason why Vhir is seperated from his tribe, though, and if you'd like to play him your background looks solid.
Yeah, I was noticing that as I developed him. Unfortunately, anything other than a caster doesn't make much sense for Vhir. Since the overlap would most likely meant not being chosen, guess I'll hold out for another game for him.

My next concept would be a changeling inquisitive, but a daring one. Would be looking at rogue (changeling substitution) 1/swashbuckler 3 with Urban Tracking and some other feat. Thus, would be a combat sort with some social skills. A bit of overlap socially with the beguiler, but I think distinct enough that it would not be a problem.

Let me know your thoughts.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I am not a kind person. More than most of my people, I am feral, dangerous, rude, and eager to spill blood. Yet I am not an evil person. The blood that I spill is that of the cruel and decadent, those that I am rude to deserve it, and the danger I represent is not to those on the side of good. My animal ferocity is brought against those who defile the world, not those who revere it.

This does not make me good in the eyes of many, yet I speak only the bluntest of truths in this matter. The beast spirit within my breast has no need for false words and sweet lies. I am a fighter of the wood, a seeker of truth, and a destroyer of darkness. Because I do not wear shining armor, I am discounted as a barbarian. Because I make no speeches to rouse the hearts of the weak and helpless, I am seen as cruel and rude. Because I gore my enemies to death with my own horns, I am feared. Because I demand gold for my strength, they whisper curses behind my back. Yet the danger passes after I have, and things are better when I leave.

My name is Morika. I am a gorebrute shifter, a druid whose animal spirit lies within rather than without, a hunter of evil and a speaker of uncomfortable truths. I will answer your call Elinvath Sargessean, for you seek those who act without though, who commmit completely to a course of another's choosing. I am such a woman.

Morika was born at the border of the Eldeen Reaches, Breland, and what would become Droaam, and became thrown into the war at a young age. Her strength, even when young, was prodigious, and her senses were keen. Her shifting manifested early, in her growing the horns of the great mountain rams of the Byeshk Mountains. She was an only child in a small extended family of shifters, the Kevsecks, all of whom fought fiercely to protect their tiny corner of the world from the armies of Breland and the monsters of Droaam.

The humans that lived near them welcomed her family's strength, but not them. Healing and other aid was given fearfully and reluctantly, and despite the fact that the villages needed the protection of her clan, they considered them little more than half-tamed beasts. Despite their reluctant care, they did have a deeply-buried kernal of pride, which is what kept the Kevsecks at their deadly work. Two uncles and five cousins died under the swords of ogres or the arrows of human archers, and Morika, too young to avenge them, had to find a new way to channel the anger of their senseless deaths.

It was her mother who led her deep into the unspoiled wilds to attempt to bring her child's anger and pain under control. Shifters often had uncontrollable tempers and bouts of violence that brought them such trouble, yet made them such powerful protectors. "It is called 'The Beast Within,' the blood of our lycanthrope ancestors that bound the spirit of the animals within us. In you it burns so brightly, my daughter. If you learn to bond and merge with your beast spirit, you can channel your anger, your pain, and be stronger than anyone could imagine."

Morika spent the last five years of the Last War at a curious peace with herself. She was still given to violence and rage, but now she raged with reason, with purpose. The establishment of the Treaty of Thronehold forced her to find a new reason. The simplest was to wander, something she had been wanting to do for many years. Freed from the responsibility of protecting the villages from maurading armies, she struck out across the Eldeen Reaches and beyond. Gold bought her strength, rage, and purpose now, her protection against the evils of bandits and monsters. Going as the wind took her, Morika has been searching for a new purpose with each new place and contract.

~~~

I would have Morika be a gorebrute shifter druid, with the 1st shifter druid substitution level from Races of Eberron, if you would like her in this game. :)

stonegod

Here is the concept/background for the changeling inquisitive.

"Me and me mates, we aren't treated well 'ere in Sharn. When it rains trouble and tha guard are looking for someone ta blame, 'ey blame us. The changelin's. Not tha's always wrong, ya see. But when ya look'n ta see who really done ya wrong, I'll find 'em. And I won'ta charge an' arm and a leg, either."

Jhen grew up on the mean streets of Sharn. Quite the rogue, he spent his days living hard and fast. He had a quick wit and a quick tongue, but he also had the smarts to stay out real trouble. That was until one of his mates was fingered for killing a Dragonmarked. Jhen knew it to be a lie, but he couldn't prove it. So he sought to find out who did it himself. With luck, a bit of tenacity, and more of that trademarked wit, Jhen was able to find his mark, and free his friend. He had found a new calling, and left the petty crime life behind.

Jhen earned quite a reputation in the Lower Wards. Quick with his blade, he'd found steady work as performing duelist. Occasionally, the poor and downtrodden or the rich and secretive came to him with a problem: A question to find an answer to, a person to find. And Jhen would try---often succeeding, much to the chagrin of the more established inquisitives in town. But finding things, and doing so in such a way to flaught how well you did it, that was Jhen's way now.
Would be looking at rogue 1/swashbuckler 3 eventually aiming for master inquisitive (not that we'll get there this game. ;))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases