The Game of Kings OOC

Bront

The man with the probe
If Carver is stepping on too many toes, I had a roguish/swashbucklery sailor idea, a half-elf of the House. Wouldn't be anything like Stonegod's rogue/swashbuckler most likely, as he'd be more a sailor and bouncy guy than the inquisitive.

MadMaxim

First Post
Well, Tome of Magic is a really good book, Ringmereth, trust me :) I'll just try something a little different then. How about this:

"Partash is bit of an odd one. Firstly, he's a kalashtar and secondly he's an Ardent, devoted to cosmic philosophies that transcend physical, ideological and emotional boundaries. He travels Khorvaire to see these universal philosophies in effect and to experience them himself. Meanwhile, he's trying his best to stop the eternal foes of the kalashtar, the Dreaming Dark, from gaining a foothold in Khorvaire. Because he knows very well that if that organization ever gets settled in Khorvaire, all the kalashtar living on the continent are surely doomed.

Partash appears as a tall, slightly built young man with short black hair and hazel eyes. There's an otherworldly grace about him and his voice is always calm and clear. He's ever vigilant and ready to come to the aid of his companions. The philosophies he has currently mastered enable him to heal the wounds of his comrades as well as drive away his enemies with both fiery rays and freezing blasts that can freeze a man on the spot. He does his best to hide his kalashtar heritage as that might otherwise make him and his companions targets for the agents of the Dreaming Dark."

Partash will be part healer, part blaster through the use of the Energy and Life mantles in Complete Psionic. I haven't decided on the 3rd psionic mantle yet, but what do you think off it?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ringmereth said:
you're welcome to play a kobold. However, two casters have already been submitted that seem to cover the roles you're looking at. I like the concept and the reason why Vhir is seperated from his tribe, though, and if you'd like to play him your background looks solid.
stonegod said:
Yeah, I was noticing that as I developed him. Unfortunately, anything other than a caster doesn't make much sense for Vhir. Since the overlap would most likely meant not being chosen, guess I'll hold out for another game for him.
I still haven't heard from Duece on his opinion for his character, but Vhir would also make a capable face (even taking on the inquisitive role mentioned for Jhen). Or, he can be decent at knowledge skills. I agree Vhir would not a first four character, but he would make a good fifth, I think. Especially for a game with a bit of intrigue and oddness, a madness causing kobold would be fun.

Plus, the kobold warlock idea just won't let me sleep. :) Would there be an issue with keeping Vhir and Jhen in the pool, or should I pick just one? Feedback appreciated.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
stonegod said:
With an artificer, a warlock w/ UMD isn't as strickly needed. But a face can be, and warlocks can be a good face (though they lack diplomacy as a class skill).

Duece, was your beguiler also planning to be a face?

I can be and I don't mind that at all. I can either focus on infiltration and be the face, or concentrate on more thief stuff, like trap springing.

I'll do up my character background and post it by tonight.

Ringmereth

First Post
I'm seeing a lot of people worrying about overlapping in each others' roles here, and building multiple characters, or switching between concepts, as a result. My thoughts on this:

-This game has room for up to six characters. While you would do well to fill all the major roles, there's plenty of space for redundancies.

-If you'd like to keep multiple characters in the pool of possibilities, by all means, feel free. If you have a preferance for one, denote that somewhere and it will be taken into account.

As for other questions and submissions...

Bront: we'd like all submissions in the same format for easy reference while we're running the game. If you'd like to write up another alternative to Carver, feel free, though I don't think his role is terribly overlapped.

stonegod: Jhen looks good, though the background could use a bit of expansion. Either of your characters would be a good addition to the game.

Isida: Morika is rather different from a lot of the submissions we've gotten--and I like it. The shifter druid substitution level is fine by me.

MadMaxim: I should have noted that by the "Complete series" I meant the first four sourcebooks. Sadly, I don't own CP, but once again your concept sounds good. I'm not going to veto it--yet, at least. Let me take a look at Complete Psionics and I'll get back to you.

Shayuri

First Post
Bront...one thing to consider too is that a party with two warforged in it could really benefit from having access to an artificer's infusions. :)

stonegod

Deuce Traveler said:
I can be and I don't mind that at all. I can either focus on infiltration and be the face, or concentrate on more thief stuff, like trap springing.
I think I'll go scary persuasive kobold face w/ Vhir then; fits his background quite well (he did talk bigger, meaner people to defend him, after all). With a possible artificer with UMDness, and the beguiler doing sneaky stuff, I think we will have a good set of distinct roles for Deuce's, Bront's, and my "primary" characters.

stonegod

Ringmereth said:
stonegod: Jhen looks good, though the background could use a bit of expansion. Either of your characters would be a good addition to the game.
I'll work on flushing him out. I will also solidify Vhir (scary kobold face) as my primary and Jhen as secondary. I'll post more on the both of them later today.

Heya, alrighty, so far my idea is a Kalashtar diplomat-esq character. Right now I'm thinkin a Telepath (psion) aiming for Mind Bender.

Basic run-down - He was a diplomat between a few of the great houses. Using his abilities he has stopped many wars but sadly they have back-fired on him causing a few. He's always had a way with people and with words. Trustworthy guy but he could stant to be a little nicer.

I will have more background up, but that's a little blurb that just popped into my head.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral Kinsman the Half-Elf Beguiler 4

Doral has dark brown hair and dull gray eyes with a boyish, charming face. He is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and thin, but does not stand out in a crowd, despite his pleasing looks. In fact, he lacks distinguishing facial features and his fay-like face is hard to remember when people describe him. Doral is an extremely good listener, and people genuinely seem to enjoy telling the half-elf about their problems, though he rarely offers advice or opinion. He is quick with a joke, glows with an appreciation of life, and is always ready to offer an ear to the agitated.

Of course, being a listener was part of Doral's job: a spy for Aundair. Doral was an up and coming member of the Royal Eyes, and helped infiltrate the organizations of many of Aundair's potential enemies. He was working a deep cover operation with several other Royal Eyes at Tanar Rath in Karrnath when his identity was blown. Doral Kinsman was severely injured in his escape, but he ended up being the only member of the Royal Eye team to return. Despite his prior service, jealous members of the organization suggested that Doral may have been the source of the intelligence leak. Although a trial acquitted him of guilt, his reputation was tarnished and he resigned from the Royal Eyes.

Now he wishes to conduct his own investigation into the intelligence leak on his own, but first there is the problem of revenue. Ever since he returned to Aundair Doral was removed from the government payroll. Low on the funds he knows he will need to work the case on his own, he now seeks to raise money as a freelancer. Always the realist, Doral accepts that he will have to create a new life for himself before he can pursue revenge.

Remove ads